Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Final thoughts on the Axis Event.

• 51 results
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

X-Men fans, what did you think of the event. Please share your views. Did you liked it or disliked it.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By time1

I didn't like chapter 8 of the event, I thought it was the worst issue of the story arc. I didn't like the fact that the Avengers came of as the worst bad guys. I mean Thor, Iron Man and Hulk beat Apocalypse and the rest of the X-Men easily, which I think is a joke. Another than that, I did like the event. I really like Rogue, Sabretooth, Kurt and Mystique in it.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@time: most funny part janet finding out the truth!!!!!!!

No Caption Provided

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pizzaman

@hopesummersforthefuture: Truth about what?

I also thought that the X-Men getting beaten like that was jobbing to the extreme.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Truth about what?

I also thought that the X-Men getting beaten like that was jobbing to the extreme.

Havok didnt stop the bomb that was going to kill janet, carnage did!! and havok lied and said he saved her. he was inverted

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman: it was kind of stupid. We finally see Evan, grow up and become Apocalypse and yet he get his ass kick. Lucky enough, he fought back in the last chapter.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: After AvX the X-Men became my favorite superhero team by far. To see that happen made me a little sad. Then I wondered why the writer had a job.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By time1

@hopesummersforthefuture: Is Havok a good guy now, he did kidnapped Wasp and then later on he was reunited with Cyclops.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: no he is still inverted

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By time1

@pizzaman: He spend so much time on the Apocalypse story line in Uncanny X-Force, then he does that to him.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roboticianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Roboticianist

Axis from 1-9 was all CRAP. I don't like the idea of this event. I hate the fact that Red Skull is still around. I hate the fact that Magneto and his kids was like NOTHING after what Scarlet Witch said. I hate the fact that all this was not impressive at all. I hate the fact that XM ended up being like crap. I hate the fact that you have to go into UA just to find out what will happen with the twins. I hate the fact about everything period. I'm all for Valiant comics and can't wait for Imperium. Marvel can take those retcons and whip it up ... to you know where. I'm so done. DONE, DONE, DONE, and done.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Roboticianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'This was poorly written and the second half seemed forced. The event wasn't that worthy of the things that came from it and of course i'm at a loss for why the X-Men were even billed as the secondary stars when they didn't even contribute anything aside from playing random villains.

You got to be really bad if i tell you that the portrayals in AvX were more accurate and balanced as a crossover then this.... "shrug" Marvel doesn't care about X-Fans....

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#18 god_spawn  Moderator

Sh*t.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

AXIS horrible , period. It is mess from start to finish. Red Skull is not interesting villain from the start. The story terrible written. It should not be 9 issues. So many wrong with AXIS. How can people even enjoy AXIS ?

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
    EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow I think this is by far the worst Comic book event ever! & the whole editorial point of it was to have Scarlet Witxh Retcon Quicksilver&Her's Mutant Heritage which is so dumb Too much history already there.....Axis isn't worth the Buy like Infinity Was

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can't with Axis...I just can't.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By HAWK2916
    EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By EC2277

I haven't still read Axis 9, but it seems to me a silly (maybe silly is a too strong word but I don't know what is the better word to use) way to build the factions who will confront each others in Avengers versus X-Men 2015. I think they could have manage better the event, avoiding strange ideas (to me ridiculous) like Red Skull who implants himself a piece of Xavier's brain and become Red Onslaught. I don't understand that plot (they could have use Malloy and his story arc in order to start the event of Axis) and I don't like its evolution: in first it seems it would become a great story, but after a powerful introduction, it became a story predictable and full of interesting possible develop of the characters, drop with the expedient of the inversion.

We italians are used said: «The elephant has give birth to a little mouse», when a thing start from great premises, but the result is very under the expectations. Well it seems to me that Axis is the classic little mouse given birth by an elephant; the Marvel.and yet it was an important event, with a principal title (Avengers & X-Men: Axis), a secondary title (Axis: revolution) and various tie-in. But Axis Revolution was a pointless story and the tie-in didn't add nothing to the principal story arc.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

After reading Axis...

"Battle of the Atom" is my second hated X-Event...

Even AVX was better and in the end, things sort of made sense...

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a complete and utter FAIL, but still better than BotA and OS.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel knights was better

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sucked.

LCanuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So whats the deal with Sabertooth? He's still inverted yet he still feral and murderous in Logan's Legacy...

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lcanuck: I think AXIS is set after The Logan Legacy

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hated it.

Marvel just needs to cool it with these half-assed events.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

x-men were bitched and it annoyed me, i would have love to see BM kick some real ass, and victor alvarez holding with thor was cool, Havok and cyclops finally bad guys(they always wanted them to be, maybe they just go to space together), sabretooth taking on the wolverine legacy is what i would love to see

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gizmorino: where would havok feat in at the xavier school, he was always in hero groups. also im guessing havok and dazzler will be the next x-men couple, lol.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will say as Roboticianist said, CRAP. Everything to me was garbage. But how badly this was written and how badly it ended up. I expected something more, but I guess it would be useless since everything was useless from start to end. So much for waiting and expecting some one to die at the end and no one did. I was expecting Red Skull to die, but he got away with everything. How pointless was this story and I think all this story was made just to retcon the family. I got all the Axis comics and let me tell you I wasn't impressed at all. I can't believe that we are entering in the worse nightmare moment ever. I wish I had never heard about Axis to begin with. It was very dissappointed.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba: whatever happened to ironman saying "you should be happy that i ended cyclops life....blah blah blah"

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: man i really don't know, like they just wanna wreck the x-men, cyclops wasn't enough now havok, this thing is similar to AxV, except only cyclops and phoenix five were affected and hated afterwards(cyclops mainly), now i wanna see iceman's reason for hate. Dazzler and havok would be nice.

Sabretooth "finding the path of the wolverine" would or might be epic.

I think mystique wasn't changed, uncanny avengers is also a must follow.

Marvel's new writers or writer wanna end the x-men, the same thor that alvarez held his own against was the one beating apoc, cyke and havok went out off panel, man it was horrible.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gizmorino: i dont have much hope for secret wars either, lol. XP........after dazzler and havok got me thinking what about emma and havok since hes still inverted :)

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: emma would be with scott since he is already inverted and has been converted to a full villain(probably their plan for some time).

And young scott with vileena is something, two things will happen, either she becomes his villain from heart break or a close friend and join the starjammers, i like her, she seems innocent.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba: whatever happened to ironman saying "you should be happy that i ended cyclops life....blah blah blah"

Did this happened? I just can't seem to remember since I only read it and throw it to the floor next to my desk's chair. I just didn't wanted to remember that any of this happen lol.

shrmntnk62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't think it was as bad as AvX but it certainly wasn't great. I did enjoy the Thor Apocalypse fight. But I hate how it seems like Marvel is trying to ruin the X-Men. The retcon with the Pietro and Wanda is just asinine. I hate the idea of a good Sabretooth. I'm totally not interetted in the new Uncanny Avengers book. I am looking forward to seeing what Havok and Cyclops do next. Are Alex and Janet done? And I guess I missed something, cause I'm not sure what you folks are talking about with Havok and Dazzler.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@roddy010 said:

I can't with Axis...I just can't.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By EC2277
    Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really struggle with AXIS because of how amazing it COULD'VE been. This is coming from someone who finds the relationships between characters really the best thing about comics - like, I love how certain characters bounce off others, and how certain events involving one characters effect others. This event could've been so good in that respect! There's a HUGE list of characters I could list who disappointed me in this way, but that would take ages and I'd end up ranting forever. So, I'll just give one, obvious example - Evan. This was such a great opportunity to explore his relationships with certain characters! But, ugh. No. Of course, the closest thing we get to that is like - what? three? panels with Deadpool making a few loose comments. No no no. I wanted to see Deadpool's reaction to Evan going Apocalypse, considering how close they were! And where did Quire disappear to? Has he even been in this event since issue 3? THAT WAS SUCH A GREAT OPPORTUNITY! How did they miss that? I kinda wanna rewrite this series for them to show Marvel what they SHOULD'VE done!

Don't even get me started on the whole Scarlet Witch thing. I just... No.

I didn't even bother getting the last issue, because I was so done with being disappointed. It's almost as if - like I said in my review of the Logan Legacy - Marvel is just using most of their series (particularly X-titles) to advertise OTHER SERIES! Which it seems is what has happened here too, from what I've heard.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikachunicorn: I would quote you but I am on my phone but...

Assume I did quote you so I will say:

QFT

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly the tie ins were better than the whole dang event. I mean the x men got beat so easily too oh well i guess that should have been expected and if i am suppose to like captain america after this nope still don't. I guess i will wait to see where they go with this villain havok and good guy sabertooth. I shall miss good mystique loki and enchantress though especially mystique she really bonded with kurt while inverted.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't think it was as bad as AvX but it certainly wasn't great. I did enjoy the Thor Apocalypse fight. But I hate how it seems like Marvel is trying to ruin the X-Men. The retcon with the Pietro and Wanda is just asinine. I hate the idea of a good Sabretooth. I'm totally not interetted in the new Uncanny Avengers book. I am looking forward to seeing what Havok and Cyclops do next. Are Alex and Janet done? And I guess I missed something, cause I'm not sure what you folks are talking about with Havok and Dazzler.

bingo.

Betony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A huge waste of time and money.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By adamTRMM

Three damn issues of a lameass fight (and I love battles) with absolutely unimpressive Skullslaught, in exactly the same place, three issues of an attempt to show how unimaginative and parodical the inversions really are, and three issues somewhat the mix of the two previous "plots".

No Caption Provided

This.... this is the culminationof this event.

Now if that was a parody, but it wasn't...

Avatar image for themasterofmagnetism
    TheMasterofMagnetism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Axis no good no good.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's all about that Carnage

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.