Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

February 2016 X-Men Solicitations UPDATED

• 47 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-old-man-logan-meets-awesome-hulk-in-marvels-february-2016-solicitations

No Caption Provided

EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #7

JEFF LEMIRE (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)

• As one team of X-Men stages a daring rescue mission in Weirdworld, another team stages one in the psyche of their teammate!

• Something happened to Nightcrawler that left his mind in turmoil. Determined to bring their friend back to sanity, Storm and Jean Grey enter his mind…but are they prepared for what awaits them there?

• Meanwhile, Old Man Logan, Colossus, Iceman and Magik discover just who it is they’re on a mission to rescue in the wilds of Weirdworld…and the truth might tear the team apart!

No Caption Provided

ALL-NEW X-MEN #4 (NOV150892)

DENNIS HOPELESS (W) • MARK BAGLEY (A/C)

STORY THUS FAR VARIANT COVER BY TBA (SEP158784)

DEADPOOL VARIANT COVER BY TBA (NOV150887)

CLASSIC ARTIST VARIANT COVER BY TBA (SEP158785)

“FLESH WOUNDS” STARTS NOW!

• Reunited at last, the All-New X-Men hit the road on a mission to write their own futures and be the heroes they believe mutantkind needs most.

• But for one X-Man, being a hero means perpetually leaping into harm’s way, even when it means suffering grievous injury.

• When the unstoppable All-New Wolverine runs up against the immovable Blob, will her self-destructive instincts get the better of her?

No Caption Provided

ALL-NEW X-MEN #5

DENNIS HOPELESS (W) • MARK BAGLEY (A/C)

• Which is more stubborn: A teenage X-Man or a homicidal villain whose power is literally to render himself immovable?

• Find out here, when the ALL-NEW X-MEN take on THE BLOB!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

OLD MAN LOGAN #2

JEFF LEMIRE (W) • ANDREA SORRENTINO (A/C)

VARIANT COVER BY MICHAEL CHO

VARIANT COVER BY TBA

• For Old Man Logan, home is a wasteland in the distant future, one overridden by hillbilly Hulks who extort and torture civilians for fun.

• But now, mysteriously finding himself in the present, Logan is hellbent on preventing that future from coming to pass.

• And the best way to keep the Hulk population from surging in the future is to eliminate them altogether in the present...starting with Amadeus Cho, the Totally Awesome Hulk!

No Caption Provided

UNCANNY X-MEN #3

CULLEN BUNN (W) • GREG LAND (A/C)

VARIANT COVER BY GREG LAND (NOV150890)

• With mutantkind in extinction's crosshairs once more, Magneto leads a team of the deadliest X-Men to fight for the fate of their species!

• But can the Master of Magnetism curb his killer instincts long enough to find out who's trying to speed up mutantkind's descent into the grave?

• Plus: Fantomex! Triage! And an X-Man you probably thought you'd never see again...

No Caption Provided

ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #5

TOM TAYLOR (W) • DAVID LOPEZ (A)

Cover by BENGAL

VARIANT COVER BY MICHAEL CHO

JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF A CLONE

• Wolverine will have to go where she's never gone before in order to save the lives of her mysterious three "sisters!"

• Along her journey, Laura will have to team up with an ally she never expected, and one who has seemingly sworn off the life of a super hero...

• Say hello to the original Wasp, the one and only JANET VAN DYNE!

No Caption Provided

X-MEN: WORST X-MAN EVER #1 (OF 5)

MAX BEMIS (W) MICHAEL WALSH (A/C)

Bailey Hoskins has just discovered he's a mutant. For someone who's never been special, never stood out, discovering he's "gifted" is truly a gift—entry into the halls of Xavier's School for Gifted Children and into the ranks of the world-famous X-Men! Unfortunately...Bailey might just be the worst X-Man ever. Max Bemis, frontman of the band Say Anything, kicks off his first Marvel miniseries by teaming with stellar artist Michael Walsh (SECRET AVENGERS, HANK JOHNSON) to bring us the story of a misfit among misfits.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- What do you think happened to Nightcrawler? Maybe it has something to do with having no soul.

- Who do you think the X-Men are trying to rescue in Weirdworld?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

@sprior93 said:

- What do you think happened to Nightcrawler? Maybe it has something to do with having no soul.

- Who do you think the X-Men are trying to rescue in Weirdworld?

Exactly what I was thinking after reading that whole post, the other books dont interest me none sadly. I have no idea with the nightcrawler thing, not having a soul would be an interesting twist. As far as who they are rescuing i can only hope Cyclops, hes the only X man who might cause some sort of team turmoil i think. If not him then a mutant villain maybe Shaw for example (sinister or juggernaut would be interesting but neither or mutants) Also possibly Bishop since he might still have the whole kid killer stamp on him thats hard to shake lol. But ATM ill bet Sebastian Shaw!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: Nichtcrawler traded his soul to live again, right? I can never remember this stuff.

I don't think this will be the case, but I hope they're rescuing Emma.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@mcklayn: who knows with Nightcrawler. I'm hoping its something with Maddie Pryor or some dark dimension whatever.

I think you are right about Cyclops or Bishop

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@sprior93 said:

@mcklayn: Nichtcrawler traded his soul to live again, right? I can never remember this stuff.

basically? but it was so he could save the X-men. It was a forgettable return.

I don't think this will be the case, but I hope they're rescuing Emma.

me too.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God Ramos art sucks! And this is really good, for his standards. He managed to upgrade to just being awfull.

I wonder if people are going to start complaining about the new "Wolverine" (gags) taking center stage now, or if they'll control themselves for awhile, feingning suport for diversity...

Just when I thought that stupid Old Man Logan book couldn't get any worse, we have the obligatory Hulk guest apearance. Is Lemire just filled with original ideas or what? It's Bargain Bin Wolverine against Bargain Bin Hulk. What's not to like, except everything?

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Thunderscream
    Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Nightcrawler remembered that time they pretended to make him a priest as part of a mutant hate conspiracy....that always throws my mind into turmoil

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok extra x-men went stupid

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ugh nightcrawler no wonder his book failed lol

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kinda surprised it's just Storm and Jean going into to Kurt's mind instead of Logan, Colossus, and Jean.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kinda surprised it's just Storm and Jean going into to Kurt's mind instead of Logan, Colossus, and Jean.

I'm not. It's a small team and judging by the way the first issue is set up it seems like they've got alot of ground to cover

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightcrawler comically looks like he is being raped and the X-Men are fighting Blob, you know, that brand new, interesting villain from 1964.

Make mine Marvel!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nightcrawler comically looks like he is being raped and the X-Men are fighting Blob, you know, that brand new, interesting villain from 1964.

Make mine Marvel!!

Uh yeah...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: You have a dark mind :)

I think it's more funny that we're supposed to accept Blob as a credible, threatening villain.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@cattlebattle: You have a dark mind :)

I think it's more funny that we're supposed to accept Blob as a credible, threatening villain.

didnt jean beat the blob like 2 months ago but oh its 8 months later and jean is now in college so shes like at least 18 yrs old now

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's Uncanny?!

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

Blob was, at one time, actually a threat. During his time with Freedom Force he fought strong versions of the Hulk, was able to pummel Colossus with ease and even beat the crap out of serious threats like The Vision. I think he even defeated Wonder Man once when Freedom Force fought the West Coast Avengers. The 90s unfortunately turned him and characters like Pyro into characters with as much credibility as Hydra agents.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And an X-Man you probably thought you'd never see again...

I think it's safe to say this will be Archangel. I wonder who the Uncanny team is fighting.

It seems like X-23 and OML will be interacting with everyone but the X-Men in their solo books. If that's the case, then I won't be picking them up.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93:@koays

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

ok extra x-men went stupid

?

ugh nightcrawler no wonder his book failed lol

>:O

i didnt get this message damn u comicvine.....anyways didnt storm's book failed thanks to secret wars that no one cares for.......does anyone know if secret wars sales are any good, i hope not, take that marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i didnt get this message damn u comicvine.....anyways didnt storm's book failed thanks to secret wars that no one cares for.......does anyone know if secret wars sales are any good, i hope not, take that marvel

I think NC's book just wasn't very good, unfortunately. I liked Storm's, though; it was alright.

I think in both cases they just weren't popular enough. X-men have become less and less popular over the last decade anyway, and most of their characters have always been less popular on their own; even at the height of the X-men's popularity, most of them couldn't support a solo for any length of time.

Even Wolverine has become less popular, apparently. I've heard that's why they replaced him with OMLogan: because OML trades were the only Wolverine book that was still selling anymore.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immolation: I hope so, it was the most interesting thing he's done since...............................................................................................um.......................................................Yea.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Wow if that's true that is horrible reasoning. Did they ever stop to think that the more recent characterizations of Wolverine is why it wasn't selling well? Or the fact that the Xmen always work better as a team since that's how they were introduced and its different from something like the Avengers in which its basically Justice League and a bunch of solo characters coming together to fight a huge threat.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: oh for uncanny 3 i think its either emma frost will show up or cyclops.....i go with emma

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler: Wow if that's true that is horrible reasoning. Did they ever stop to think that the more recent characterizations of Wolverine is why it wasn't selling well? Or the fact that the Xmen always work better as a team since that's how they were introduced and its different from something like the Avengers in which its basically Justice League and a bunch of solo characters coming together to fight a huge threat.

well, I'm getting this from talking to a few different retailers, online and in person, but the way I've heard it described was that every time there was a new X-men book, Wolverine included, it would sell alright for a few issues and then drop off pretty drastically. Even back issues and trades (of X-men and/or Wolverine) weren't selling as well as Old Man Logan trades.

I do agree that the X-men are meant to be more of an ensemble, greater than the sum of it's parts kinda thing. But some parts are always going to be more popular than others, and if one part is more popular than the rest combined, it would also seem ill-advised to ignore that, I suppose.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immolation said:
    @hopesummersforthefuture said:
    @sprior93 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Secret Wars is selling very well.

for real? i didnt even buy one

With the exception of last month secret wars has been the number one selling comic each month since it started.

hahahahahahahahaha @koays lollollol

But Seriously had anyone really looked at that book? It is literally missing large chunks of story without telling you where to find it.

People will buy anything even if they don't understand it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immolation: I would almost buy it to figure out what BS tie in issue the rest of the dam plot was put in. Smfh.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immolation: @koays: This is exactly why a change in format for the delivery of comics us what is needed. It was just make things more cohesive. The way it is now, it just seems like a bunch of kids in their toy box trying to seem like they are smarter than everyone else and all the mystery and slight of hand and the unknown is just so *kewl*

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@immolation: @koays: This is exactly why a change in format for the delivery of comics us what is needed. It was just make things more cohesive. The way it is now, it just seems like a bunch of kids in their toy box trying to seem like they are smarter than everyone else and all the mystery and slight of hand and the unknown is just so *kewl*

I can't even lie. Secret Wars is the best Marvel Event in years. The build up, and delivery and the actual consequences all make it more relevant and important then Axis, Age of Ultron, and AvX. But the problem is that it still seems so unnecessary because of the huge hiatus we got. I'm no fan of the alt universe characters all over the place but if they had to do it, they did it in a interesting way. So why is it that Marvel can't stream line this idea? Why can't we get a 2 part graphic novel? Hickman's build up leads to book 1 at the end of June and we get a month (6weeks tops) of tie ins before book 2 drops and finishes the story.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
    @hawk2916 said:

I can't even lie. Secret Wars is the best Marvel Event in years. The build up, and delivery and the actual consequences all make it more relevant and important then Axis, Age of Ultron, and AvX. But the problem is that it still seems so unnecessary because of the huge hiatus we got. I'm no fan of the alt universe characters all over the place but if they had to do it, they did it in a interesting way. So why is it that Marvel can't stream line this idea? Why can't we get a 2 part graphic novel? Hickman's build up leads to book 1 at the end of June and we get a month (6weeks tops) of tie ins before book 2 drops and finishes the story.

Simple. The tactic Marvel uses WORKS. Have you seen statistics of the previous month? Marvel dominates and overshadows DC in a way it's not even funny. Of course, Secret Wars and rebranding/renumbering play its role, but then again - SW sells 200+K each issue.

We can complain all we want, but even with those terrible, even unprofessional delays and what I think is disrespect for their audience, they still dominate. There's not much to hoping for changes when it's a success.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: They can still dominate and make the same if not more money. Its just a matter of getting paid in installments or getting the whole lump sum. The way I see it, if they were to do something like what @koays just described they could actually crossover into another genre if you will and make even more money. Say they release part 1 in graphic novel format...that covers what you make on the comics but then at the same time something that's become an outlet for those that really don't like to read or for those who don't have the time is audio books. I think the company GraphicAudio is doing basically comic book movies now complete with sounds effects and different characters and all. They could even release something like the Marvel Knights motion comics stuff to also coincide with the release of the novel to pull in even more "readers". Or do a cartoon movie straight to Netflix sort of like a pay per view deal, which makes money as well. Now I'm not saying it won't cost a bit to do all this but the return would be massive and would reach more people thus netting more profit and maybe more loyal customers. Plus everybody's happy... The Marvel big wigs pulling in the money, The writers and artist being given time to properly perfect their craft, and the consumer who gets a decent story or event without all the pointless and unprofessional delays and what not. Then later the trades could encompass the event plus the tie-ins but in the order it was meant to be read etc.

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Literally none of these are interesting

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Takeshi55

Isn't the "worst" X-Man already a thing though? How can your powers get much worse than being able to breathe underwater or having slugs for a digestive track?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

I remember when you suggested that idea. It was when No More Humans came out IIRC (damn.. f@ckin time) and I'm not disagreeing with you I just literally can't see how it can possibly be adopted as even when they keep messing up and dismissing all complaints, they still get the results positive. That's what I wanted to postulate. And if the results are such, why even bother with creative revisions and new structural changes? The machine is working, and it makes as much money as one could hope. Everyone being happy doesn't seem to be their prerogative lmao

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@hawk2916:

I remember when you suggested that idea. It was when No More Humans came out IIRC (damn.. f@ckin time) and I'm not disagreeing with you I just literally can't see how it can possibly be adopted as even when they keep messing up and dismissing all complaints, they still get the results positive. That's what I wanted to postulate. And if the results are such, why even bother with creative revisions and new structural changes? The machine is working, and it makes as much money as one could hope. Everyone being happy doesn't seem to be their prerogative lmao

This made me sad.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncanny X-Men, and Worst X-Man Ever look good.

And Laura' face looks very masculine in that image, so I thought it was Daken at first. Anyone else agree? Coincidental or intentional?

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.