Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Farewell my friends

• 55 results
    EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EC2277

I have decided to leave this forum, because I am not satisfied by my posts. I waste a lot of energies in order to write properly what I want say, but rereading my posts I have always the feeling that I have missed the point or my posts are written in an equivocal way. It's like I want write a critical and impartial analysis of the fact, but everytime my posts disregard my purposes, appearing uncritical and partisan.

All this doesn't help to start a good discussion in the forum and I am very disappointed about that.

So farewell and thank you for all.

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
    DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks for all the fish

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@ec2277: I disagree with your self evaluation. I find you to be in an elite club of people who are well thought out and opinionated on this board, while still being able to be humorous and make light of the incredulous situations/announcements and arguments that are sometimes waged on this board. We can't afford to lose logical and strong posters who see both sides of the issues! Not when Supergirl is higher on the forum list!..... (Plus you quote me sometimes and I like when i'm agreed with....)

Anyway...

Please don't go...
    Please don't go...
    EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EC2277

@koays:

Thank'you.

I'm disappointed because I know I'm able to be a better poster and I'm also a little frustrated because there's a lot of interesting topic that I don't follow, only because I don't have the time to write properly my thoughts.

Maybe I'm also frustrated by Marvel and its absurd editorial policy.

About Supergirl forum, which is higher than our I can say a thing: we italians say: «If I get angry, it means I care. If I don't get angry, it means I don't care more» and Marvel should think about that.

Here!

I did it again: I have complained about Marvel and I don't love that.

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
    DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@koays:

Thank'you.

I'm disappointed because I know I'm able to be a better poster and I'm also a little frustrated because there's a lot of interesting topic that I don't follow, only because I don't have the time to write properly my thoughts.

Maybe I'm also frustrated by Marvel and its absurd editorial policy.

About Supergirl forum, which is higher than our I can say a thing: we italians say: «If I get angry, it means I care. If I don't get angry, it means I don't care more» and Marvel should think about that.

Here!

I did it again: I have complained about Marvel and I don't love that.

marvel has really disappointed me lately with the Avengersification of their universe, i feel ya there

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: The weird thing is I don't really care much about Marvels U, outside of the X-Men. I can't invest myself in more of a product that is disappointing me in a distinct but important way. It seems like more runs disappoint from bad writing then anything else, and the lack of editorial oversight means that continuity and characterizations get dragged down whenever a writer decides to go on a tail spin and takes any potentially good ideas with them.

I admit I'm not the best person to say this, but we mustn't give up hope....we can't let Supergirl win....even if the trailer for her show is pretty awesome.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By adamTRMM

Bait attempt:

@ec2277:

If that helps you, I think my English got better naturally, so it's a good place to improve yourself if you feel the need.

I did, and maybe I overrate myself but right now I feel pretty poised, for most of the time at least.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Later buddy! Hope you come back soon!

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@ec2277 said:

I have decided to leave this forum, because I am not satisfied by my posts. I waste a lot of energies in order to write properly what I want say, but rereading my posts I have always the feeling that I have missed the point or my posts are written in an equivocal way. It's like I want write a critical and impartial analysis of the fact, but everytime my posts disregard my purposes, appearing uncritical and partisan.

All this doesn't help to start a good discussion in the forum and I am very disappointed about that.

So farewell and thank you for all.

3 things:

1. I don't think anyone ever got better at trying to express themselves by giving up, so while I can totally identify with wanting to cut forum posting out of your routine, I hope that doesn't mean you'll stop trying to express yourself critically. I honestly feel like the feedback any of us receive writing to a group like the cool community here can help with that, but there's certainly many other avenues to explore in the continuation of such pursuits.

2. While I applaud your desire to try to be critical, I think it's worth remembering that as fans of comic books, what we post here is mostly a form of art criticism and, as such, is bound to be largely a matter of personal taste as much as anything else. So, in a way, there's really only so critical any of us can be in these things.

3. Despite my love for the CV X-men community, getting off the forums is healthy anyway. I did it a few months ago, and it really was the best thing for me at the time. There's everything else in the world to be engaged by to gain new perspectives, any of which can lead to their own profound insights. Could be you just need some of that.

anyway, good luck! :v

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You were one of the best posters here in X-Forums...

Your I put will be highly missed, regardless of what you think of them...

Anyway, it was fun talking to you and your jokes were funny!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

X-Fans need to stick together in these dark times...

No Caption Provided
    EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EC2277

Thank to all of you.

Reading your post I understand it isn't a problem of how I express my thoughts, but more simply and more sadly it is a problem of disappointment caused by the current stories, that don't give me any satisfaction and I don't love that.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope you decide to stick around. Yes, the current X-Men stories are low quality for the most part, but there is a lot of interesting conversations to be had here and in the General Discussion board. I've taken breaks before when work and personal life got too busy, but always left the door open to come back when more breathing room opened. You should do the same.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Don't leave!!! You have great ideas and profound insights. Your criticisms were on point as well. Plus Italians are like some of my favorite people so the sayings helped a lot.

As it is I'm here solely for the commerodary and discussions on these boards. The stories and current state of things is extremely disappointing. In fact a small part of me holds out hope that if we fans are vocal enough we just make some difference. Of course that's a Pipedream but its nothing better than dreaming with my brothers and sisters on this forum. I'm currently just existing on these forums and not really reading anything but the old stuff. But taking a break is cool. I've certainly toned down the amount of post from my end but many times I just read the forums and don't even post because I get so frustrated with the current state if things that everything comes out negative. So I understand wanting to step back. But me being selfish says please don't go!!!!

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

X-Fans need to stick together in these dark times...

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeperson said:

no im the best!!!! lol xp anyways his comments made me look smart

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Koays

@awesomeperson said:

no im the best!!!! lol xp anyways his comments made me look smart

No Caption Provided

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Koays
    AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Of course, you do deserve the throne!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeperson: Yes I agree! Fight by my side and when I am King, I will make you a knight of X-Table(trademark) and it will be illegal for anyone to be as awesome as you....and i'll give out cookies!

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

snyderman567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whatever

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dman1366

fine fine, ill take the throne

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ciao

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By adamTRMM

@koays said:

@awesomeperson: Yes I agree! Fight by my side and when I am King, I will make you a knight of X-Table(trademark) and it will be illegal for anyone to be as awesome as you....and i'll give out cookies!

Oh boy, Rob Stark level mistakes detected.

Which is a shame since I stopped sympathizing with Starks ;)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:
    @koays said:

Oh boy, Rob Stark level mistakes detected.

Which is a shame since I stopped sympathizing with Starks ;)

LOL... No need to worry my friend, In House Koays we play from a strict "Anti-Stark" playbook which includes tenants such as-

1) Never marry your kids off to psychotic incest babies.
    2) If you suspect someone of being a psychotic incest baby(or in our case, supporting Ultimate Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver) mind your damn business!
    3) Never marry yourself off to cross a bridge.
    4) Never marry someone else after you cross the bridge
    5) Never ask for help from someone who's daughter you didn't marry after crossing a bridge.
    6) If someone uses the phrase "I was theirs and they were mine" avoid them.
    7) Never marry your uncle to someone who's bridge you crossed and daughter you didn't marry.
    8) FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Never go to a color themed wedding!

By following these tenants I'm certain that one day a member of House Koays will be King! Join me my brother and we can end the reign of "Elderly Nightcrawlers" and "Hop(e)ing for the future"!

Also I'm thinking of changing my sides name from House Koays to House Cyclops, just so I can say "Summers is coming" at the end of every argument...hmm

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366 said:

fine fine, ill take the throne

No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

LOL... No need to worry my friend, In House Koays we play from a strict "Anti-Stark" playbook which includes tenants such as-

1) Never marry your kids off to psychotic incest babies.

2) If you suspect someone of being a psychotic incest baby(or in our case, supporting Ultimate Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver) mind your damn business!

3) Never marry yourself off to cross a bridge.

4) Never marry someone else after you cross the bridge

5) Never ask for help from someone who's daughter you didn't marry after crossing a bridge.

6) If someone uses the phrase "I was theirs and they were mine" avoid them.

7) Never marry your uncle to someone who's bridge you crossed and daughter you didn't marry.

8) FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Never go to a color themed wedding!

By following these tenants I'm certain that one day a member of House Koays will be King! Join me my brother and we can end the reign of "Elderly Nightcrawlers" and "Hop(e)ing for the future"!

Also I'm thinking of changing my sides name from House Koays to House Cyclops, just so I can say "Summers is coming" at the end of every argument...hmm

That's one on target strategy bruh, especially when you want your "Summers" motto to have a certain reputation:

No Caption Provided

See what I did there?

(I really wanted to spoil the fun with mentioning how much I miss K/Y writing ;)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Dude low blow....though were also considering "House Summers, We turn S&M fetish fanservice chicks into house wives" and "House Summers, We Made Utopia"...though we're still in a searching period.

Also, when is mentioning Kyle and Yost run ever ruining the fun in anything?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By adamTRMM

@koays said:

Dude low blow....though were also considering "House Summers, We turn S&M fetish fanservice chicks into house wives" and "House Summers, We Made Utopia"...though we're still in a searching period.

Sorry bro, I was actually trying to be supportive!

That's cool, what position will ya save for your hommie right here? (GoTX, remember?)

It becomes the second you realize how crappy our current comics are... see, I did it again haha

Jay_Alam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reason for leaving is so foolish, but Adios who ever you are.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:
    @koays said:

Dude low blow....though were also considering "House Summers, We turn S&M fetish fanservice chicks into house wives" and "House Summers, We Made Utopia"...though we're still in a searching period.

Sorry bro, I was actually trying to be supportive!

That's cool, what position will ya save for your hommie right here? (GoTX, remember?)

It becomes the second you realize how crappy our current comics are... see, I did it again haha

Lol Clearly you'd be the King's Hand (since that seems to be the only other important leadership role in the show other then Rebel Leader) in large of laying out and enforcing the rules of the board...like Never antagonize a Rain Drop/Droplet and always give praise to the New X-Men...unless it's Morrison's New X-Men, in which case take every oppurtunity to call out the insanity.

Well thats true though i thought that, while still a bit mediocre overall, it was a great few months for Amazing and XX-Men in terms of just being better then they had been for the 4 or 5 months before their current arcs. I mean Bendis drove his car off the cliff in terms of cred, but it's a big improvement from when Aaron was the number two....Things are getting better....sure would suck if someone were to start a reboot event or some kind of secret war.

@jay_alam said:

The reason for leaving is so foolish, but Adios who ever you are.

He's a friendly and clearly well liked poster who left for reason which include diffculty with a foreign language. You.... you are just kinda rude.

Jay_Alam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Did I sounded Rude? Really? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be kinda rude at all. Just thought it was silly because reading his post, he write ok to me. However, I'll wish him luck.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_alam: Hey it's cool by me, it just came off kinda negative for someone to say they're having difficulties and to get the "Bye Felicia" treatment after their gone. But if it's not intended then my bad.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By adamTRMM

@koays:

Deal. Lethal game's right here, but risk is my second name (or any other second-rate filled with pathos sentence that fits this kind of fic lol)

Aaron at least had a creative alternative, currently we don't posses any. Thinking about it, Amazing was just a whacky time killer with predictable resolution. If you enjoyed that it's fine of course, but that just wasn't Colossus I expected to see post AvX.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Lol let it be known on this day a great alliance was formed....long live the Night's Watch...er.. I mean House Summers!

I thought Cable and the X-Men kinda covered alot of the Post-AvX Colossus development. Your right about Amazing just being a time filler, though I feel like it could've been a strong foundation to build on for the JGS camp. Aaron just sort of twiddled his thumbs post AvX with no real substance in the stories

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@adamtrmm: Lol let it be known on this day a great alliance was formed....long live the Night's Watch...er.. I mean House Summers!

I thought Cable and the X-Men kinda covered alot of the Post-AvX Colossus development. Your right about Amazing just being a time filler, though I feel like it could've been a strong foundation to build on for the JGS camp. Aaron just sort of twiddled his thumbs post AvX with no real substance in the stories

Unfortunately even a lifelong House Summers supporter like me has to realize that the house Summers' time is up. Especially given the current circumstances :(

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Unfortunately even a lifelong House Summers supporter like me has to realize that the house Summers' time is up. Especially given the current circumstances :(

also i have summers in my name so there goes that theory, lol

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Till we meet again.

Beata

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85 said:
    @koays said:

you know what.....screw you guys, when I rule this board there's gonna be changes.....starting with peoples Usernames

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
    @hopesummersforthefuture said:
    @avenger85 said:
    @koays said:

you know what.....screw you guys, when I rule this board there's gonna be changes.....starting with peoples Usernames

dont get kicked off cv

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

And that's where K/Y, at first, made me suspicious, but eventually completely lost me, as they announced to stay true to Aaron's tone, credibility and respect he absolutely didn't deserve. Dam, it's f@cking annoying how at times I can see a successor writer decimates every buildup and subplot his predecessor has left, completely changing the tone of a certain good book, but then when it's actually needed in a not-so-good one these "revolutionaries" are nowhere to be found.

Cable and X-force was a shallow, mediocre comic pulp, I can't call any "development" out of this book worthy enough to be mentioned. All cliche, all predictability, all nonsense - all right there. But I stopped with that book at some moment, so maybe you want to prove me wrong? lol

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By adamTRMM

@avenger85 said:

Current circumstances you say?

Summers it's life.

Summers.....

No Caption Provided

Summers will be....

No Caption Provided

Seriously though, Cyclops lives post-SW, confirmed pretty much.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.