Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13409 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Extraordinary X men 02 Discussion (Spoilers!)

• 54 results
    McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

@koays said:

@mcklayn: lol it's a lot of work to be this militant...I'm thinking 2 Star General in the X-Board Rebel Army

/salute!

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@koays: you have been on edge these last few months.

For me. I am thinking.... X-Boards Clarity Totem?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366 said:

@koays: you have been on edge these last few months.

For me. I am thinking.... X-Boards Clarity Totem?

I can get behind that!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: On Edge??? Pfft...everyone's questioning my sanity lately, like I'm not leading us toward the bright Avenger and Inhuman free future that was promised in the X-Board Toems.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@dman1366: On Edge??? Pfft...everyone's questioning my sanity lately, like I'm not leading us toward the bright Avenger and Inhuman free future that was promised in the X-Board Toems.

I have never questioned your sanity, only your dedication and ability to make the hard decisions when the time comes. if anything i might wonder if your too sane to lead the revolution

zdub327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By zdub327

Pros:

-- art is decent

-- the team seems awesome! Personally I hope that Lemire focuses on really developing his core group and exploring their relationships with one another. Maybe this team will rival Morrison's or Whedon's. I like that so far it's focusing on the professors more than the x-students. I like all of the characters except for Old Man Logan (I haven't been following him so I don't know anything about him). Cool dynamic so far, all in all.

-- I like that Sinister was introduced so quickly, that Nightcrawler is missing, and that X-Haven is being threatened. Two issues in, and interesting shit is already happening. My biggest problem with bendis' runs was that his characters had good dialogue, but there was never any action of consequence. Lemire seems set on correcting this, which I appreciate.

-- character development: I like the Jean wanting to be normal storyline. I think it makes a lot of intuitive sense, after coming to the present and learning her future. And I like how quickly she was reminded that prejudice against mutants isn't just preventing her from living a normal life -- it's the reason she's an X-Man. I think Storm's storyline is showing promise. I agree with everyone who pointed out her shitty leadership and self-doubt in the first couple of issues, but I have a feeling that the reason Lemire is having her start so shaky and uncertain is so that he can give her a transformative, hero's journey sort of story arc. I have a feeling she's gonna do some cool shit. I'm digging Colossus' grumpiness, and Yana is always a welcome presence. Little to say about Iceman and Forge so far, but hopefully we'll get more from them in the future.

Cons:

-- the action and character development are fun, but so far the big picture/hook just isn't there. What is this run about? Mutants on the brink of extinction once again? That isn't new, and it's no longer all that interesting. My sole hope is that maybe The X-Men and the Inhumans will go to war and it will be an epic, bloody battle between two civilizations, like the Iliad! That would be cool. Especially seeing the X-Men do some evil stuff in order to stay alive in battle! I'm not very familiar with the Inhumans story though.

-- the art feels immature, and even though the storyline is meant to be intense, it all feels sort of fluffy to me. I'm enjoying myself, but so far it seems like this run will be entertaining but somewhat inconsequential.

-- I agree with everyone who complains about the contradicting attitudes towards Scott Summers. I wish the guy would be treated better. I'm missing Emma, too. Hopefully they'll both show up in Uncanny X-Men? I'd like to see Scott with Psylocke and Emma with Archangel.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.