Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Expectations from K/Y

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok, K/Y are taking over Amazing, I'm pretty sure with which, most of us are excited. But what exactly do we have to expect from them? Most of their stories were murderwords (with mostly B/C-listrers), which I have enjoyed, but this time they're taking over mostly classic lineup and supposedly about to set a course for this part of the X-polarity.

I just wonder, what do you guys want them to change, or just what do you expect them to establish with their run?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Ok, K/Y are taking over Amazing, I'm pretty sure with which, most of us are excited. But what exactly do we have to expect from them? Most of their stories were murderwords (with mostly B/C-listrers), which I have enjoyed, but this time they're taking over mostly classic lineup and supposedly about to set a course for this part of the X-polarity.

I just wonder, what do you guys want them to change, or just what do you expect them to establish with their run?

Honestly, I'm hoping for stronger character connections among the main cast. K/Y are good for that and Aaron's biggest flaw was the lack of real connections between characters with most of them being interchangeable on panel.

That said, I expect Firestar, Northstar and Iceman to become major players or at least recieve some strong focus, since as you pointed out K/Y have a history with B/C list heroes.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

So far the only thing that's really made this book stand out from the other X-men books has been the focus on Nightcrawler as the main character, and I feel like the plan to bring Colossus back is a step in that direction as well, as it will finally reunite the classic 3 amigos again.

I dig Kyle and Yost, and I dig the members of this cast. Beyond that I really don't know what to expect, which is probably just as well since it means there'll be less chance I'll be disappointed.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Honestly, I'm hoping for stronger character connections among the main cast. K/Y are good for that and Aaron's biggest flaw was the lack of real connections between characters with most of them being interchangeable on panel.

That said, I expect Firestar, Northstar and Iceman to become major players or at least recieve some strong focus, since as you pointed out K/Y have a history with B/C list heroes.

The question is what the lineup will look like in the end, Aaron's was Storm, Iceman, Northstar, Wolverine, Beast, Rachel, Warbird and newly introduced Firestar. Adding to this Colossus makes it 9, and I don't really believe they'll stick with all of these characters and this number.

So far the only thing that's really made this book stand out from the other X-men books has been the focus on Nightcrawler as the main character, and I feel like the plan to bring Colossus back is a step in that direction as well, as it will finally reunite the classic 3 amigos again.

I dig Kyle and Yost, and I dig the members of this cast. Beyond that I really don't know what to expect, which is probably just as well since it means there'll be less chance I'll be disappointed.

Well, the 3 amigos reunion will be kinda short, I think Marvel are making an event this summer about Wolverine's death. I thought it was a prank, but it seems to be real.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Kyle and Yost are in my opinion some of the best Xmen writers. My expectations are that I'll be looking forward to picking up Amazing Xmen now that Aaron is out, so I'll be adding another book to the pull list. And Im almost 100% sure it will be better because, well I'd take almost anyone over Aaron, sooo........ yeah

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My only hope, I can't use the word expectation because that may be unreasonable, is that there is more team building in the form of teamwork/bonding while facing down real threats and not fighting other mutants or heroes. I've had enough of the hero versus hero insanity.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Kyle and Yost are in my opinion some of the best Xmen writers. My expectations are that I'll be looking forward to picking up Amazing Xmen now that Aaron is out, so I'll be adding another book to the pull list. And Im almost 100% sure it will be better because, well I'd take almost anyone over Aaron, sooo........ yeah

Literally my thought process.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@adamtrmm: nuts.

Oh well, the last time I read an X-men book by Kyle and Yost I didn't really care about any of the characters going in, and I still ended up liking it, so I'm sure I'll dig this.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

My only hope, I can't use the word expectation because that may be unreasonable, is that there is more team building in the form of teamwork/bonding while facing down real threats and not fighting other mutants or heroes. I've had enough of the hero versus hero insanity.

Me too especially in AvX and BotA. BotA being worse then AvX.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: I think Storm and Warbird and Rachel might leave the book. Storm mostly because she's going through character development in two books. And Rachel because she's generally treated as the ugly stepchild in the X-books. Though I think Warbird would be very interesting to keep around under Kyle/Yost considering her artist/warrior background.

Still a line up with Beast, Firestar, Iceman, Nightcrawler and Colossus just screams 80's adventure, which is what i think this title is meant to be about

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Yost confirmed that Storm will remain as part of the Amazing X-Men roster (I'm so excited to see her back under his pen). I think we have the ANAD line-up + Northstar and maybe Rachel.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Koays

@koays: Yost confirmed that Storm will remain as part of the Amazing X-Men roster (I'm so excited to see her back under his pen). I think we have the ANAD line-up + Northstar and maybe Rachel.

Ahh. Still, Beast isn't in any of the books so they'll likely throw him and Firestar in probably as well....maybe instead of Rachel. Maybe we'll get a mix of everyone, I trust these guys with a large cast.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By PapiNacho

What I want is: Wolverine, Storm, Firestar, Iceman, Beast, Colossus and Nightcrawler. The rest I don't care about, they can be on or off the team for all I know.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

Ahh. Still, Beast isn't in any of the books so they'll likely throw him and Firestar in probably as well....maybe instead of Rachel. Maybe we'll get a mix of everyone, I trust these guys with a large cast.

Me too. Yost and Kyle are such talented writers and have shown a lot of passion for writing the X-Verse characters. And that's likely very true about Beast and Angelica being on this roster.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@oldnightcrawler: I agree that having Wolverine, Colossus and Nightcrawler back in one group is awesome to see! I can't wait to see these three bond together again! Although, if the rumors about Wolverine actually dying are true, then that might put a wrench in the famous friendship.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I agree that having Wolverine, Colossus and Nightcrawler back in one group is awesome to see! I can't wait to see these three bond together again! Although, if the rumors about Wolverine actually dying are true, then that might put a wrench in the famous friendship.

eh, only for as long as he actually stays dead.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tomasmaclgh

@rabbitearsblog said:

eh, only for as long as he actually stays dead.

I seriously doubt that he is going to die. He is going to die at the end of an issue and come back to life in the next one. Way I see it, when he dies, whatever remainder of the virus dies and his healing factor kicks in back again and he comes back to life.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously doubt that he is going to die. He is going to die at the end of an issue and come back to life in the next one. Way I see it, when he dies, whatever remainder of the virus dies and his healing factor kicks in back again and he comes back to life.

Was thinking the same thing. I have no interest in this story because if he lives it was silly to make such a big deal out of it, and if he dies it will just cheapens death because he'll be back before the funeral lets out.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I've been away from comics for quite awhile now because of the lack of interest... But seeing as how Kyle and Yost (the masterminds behind New X-Men) are coming on board, I'm hoping for them to bring in the students from the New X-Men series! Take out some of these heavy hitters and fill the spots in with some younger X-Men-to-be's. G-d knows there having so much fun being backdrops and fillers...

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By adamTRMM

Yep a spotlight for New X-Men is one of my main expectations, but I don't really think it'll be more than a couple of cameos.

The ANAD kind of reunion will make sense with Warpath and Siryn, replacing their relatives. I want Warpath on X-force, but if it's K/Y I'm 100% OK with even a less bloody Jimmy :)

@koays said:
    @tomasmaclgh said:

Was thinking the same thing. I have no interest in this story because if he lives it was silly to make such a big deal out of it, and if he dies it will just cheapens death because he'll be back before the funeral lets out.

Cheaper than it already is? ;)

A year long "death", like with Spider-Man (for a popular character) is seems to be achievable and would be refreshing for the X-verse. IMO

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Would love to see Siryn and Warpath back and featured. I must admit though that I've had Warpath pegged as a member of my current dream Uncanny Xmen cast as an outlaw with Scott, Magik and Emma. Siryn I wasnt so sure about but she'd be great there as well. That said what PAD did to her in Breaking Points has to be reversed in some way and that seems to be right up the Amazing Xmen's alley. Warpath would be great anywhere but I want him with Scott though not under Bendis' pen (ugghhh!!!)

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By adamTRMM

@hawk2916:

True, Warpath fits all of those places lol Hope after the movie they'll start to use him more.

Breaking Points is the arc where she becomes Morrigan? I only know this, and I want to read that story! I guess she's too overpowered in this mode to be on a team?

(sh!t I have to move to work now, see you guys in a few days.)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah thats where it happens. She could be on a team though, I guess she's about as overpowered as Magik

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Koays

@adamtrmm: Yea but come on Nightcrawler just came back and their trotting out another death/resurrection story. Im sure there are other comic angles they could come up with for him.

Plus honestly the world without Logan doesn't seem that appealing. It's not like he's as all over the place as he was even last year so its not much extra space within the current books. Wolverine is finally at a good place in terms of exposure, all this makes me feel is that were going to be attacked with 6 wolverine titles when he comes back.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the x-world will be fine without Wolverine. He's not really doing much now anyway but constantly growling and bitching about the other side. He hasnt been written well for quite a while so yeah he should be put on the shelf until someone learns how to play with him without messing everything up

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I agree with this. It would be nice to see how the X-Universe can survive without Wolverine, therefore giving us stories centering around the other X-Men.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.