Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Example of good X-men story arcs

Steps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Steps

Okay so I've been reading a lot of X-men recently and I'm trying to get a friend into it since he also just started reading comics again. Now he always liked the X-men through the cartoons and the movies but I want to suggest him some X titles that majority of the users consider to have a good connection with the characters.

I'm already prepared to give him my New X-Men collection because I did think it was pretty good but I'll hold up on giving him others until I get the majority opinion (because I only recently realized that maybe some of my choices has bias in them). And what titles/arcs should I avoid as to not turn him off of X-men?

Doveland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Doveland

X-Men: Phoenix Endsong is by far my favorite X-men story arc. It's accessible to new readers, the art is gorgeous and it really focuses on some of the main X-team.

Underwaterlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Underwaterlad

Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men, in case you hadn't already thought of that. Very character oriented arcs there.

As for what not to go for, I'd stay clear of the big events like Second Coming and whatnot; they're all really action-oriented and are pretty difficult to get into for one who hasn't read much X-Men.

Pbott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pbott

Both X-Force and Uncanny X-Force have been consistently the best x books over the past several years, also X-23 has been really good!

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Billy Batson

Heard Morrison's run was good.
    BB

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Edgeworth_11

I always say if they want to start reading recent stories, Blinded by the Light. Than work the way up to the current story. That's what i done just last year believe it or not and I am hooked :D
    TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men.
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

The Dark Phoenix Saga if your friend is a first time X-Men reader.  Also, Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men is another great way to start off the X-Men series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.