Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Epic Fail ( ANXM 25 )

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, the much-hyped about 25th issue turns into nothing more than a few artists' drawings + the Beast being told by The Watcher that he's a douchebag and majorly messed up ( I agree ) ?

I mean, C'mon man. We expected a little more from the story. The art and extra stories could have easily been placed on the artists' tumblr or something. Most disappointing 25th issue ever.

Edit : Yes, the entire issue can be summed up in only ONE damn sentence : The Watcher appears and tells adult Hank that he's disgusted with him and he majorly messed up the timestream.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strangely enough.....its all i've been asking for with Beast. Just a little bit of karma.

And i hope this makes Beast a major suspect for the death of the watcher, since he apparently stopped all of these timelines from ever happening.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Strangely enough.....its all i've been asking for with Beast. Just a little bit of karma.

And i hope this makes Beast a major suspect for the death of the watcher, since he apparently stopped all of these timelines from ever happening.

It won't make Beast a suspect, because no one except Beast knows about Watcher's visit to him.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: Probably not. But if Beast is the last person to see him alive i'll be sticking with that vote until the reveal.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@koays said:

@avenger85: Probably not. But if Beast is the last person to see him alive i'll be sticking with that vote until the reveal.

Why would beast kill him anyways ? The Watcher cannot do anything at all. He can just tell about upcoming events and changing realities. Even Beast knows that nothing that happened or might happen is influenced b Watcher's death in any way.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Why would beast kill him anyways ? The Watcher cannot do anything at all. He can just tell about upcoming events and changing realities. Even Beast knows that nothing that happened or might happen is influenced b Watcher's death in any way.

Again probably not gonna happen. But no one really has a reason to kill the watcher. Unless someone wants to see what his eyes can see...which idk if thats even a thing, but hey who knows.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@avenger85 said:

@koays said:

Again probably not gonna happen. But no one really has a reason to kill the watcher. Unless someone wants to see what his eyes can see...which idk if thats even a thing, but hey who knows.

Well going with Bendis' pace, I'm sure everything will be quickly resolved with Beast getting whats coming to him and O5 going back to their time by 2045.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@avenger85 said:

@koays said:

Well going with Bendis' pace, I'm sure everything will be quickly resolved with Beast getting whats coming to him and O5 going back to their time by 2045.

LOL truth

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edit : Yes, the entire issue can be summed up in only ONE damn sentence : The Watcher appears and tells adult Hank that he's disgusted with him and he majorly messed up the timestream.

I am ok with this. Because it's about damn time a cosmic power told Hank that he seriously f***ed up.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85 said:

I am ok with this. Because it's about damn time a cosmic power told Hank that he seriously f***ed up.

LOL do you really think there will be serious repercussions for Hank ? Absolutely not. Not with Hank playing a major role in the new DOFP movie. This is gonna be glossed over just like UXM 19 where everyone simply forgot that the Shiar kidnapped Jean.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@avenger85 said:

LOL do you really think there will be serious repercussions for Hank ? Absolutely not. Not with Hank playing a major role in the new DOFP movie. This is gonna be glossed over just like UXM 19 where everyone simply forgot that the Shiar kidnapped Jean.

There will be no repercussions not cause Hank is gonna be in DOFP. He didn't get anything special when he was starred in First Class, it will be cause the Watcher bites it causing no one to care about Hank.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Ugh. Told my LCS that though i originally wasn't going to get this, decided to get it as i thought it'd have some relevant information in it. Lmao. How wrong i turned out to be.

Anyways....NIGHTCRAWLER CAME OUT TODAY! BY CLAREMONT :D:D:D:D

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

This issue was a good prelude to Original Sin in that I don't think there's ever been another comic that made such a strong argument for dragging Uatu out onto the moon's surface and murdering the douche.

"I can interfere just enough to deliberately piss you off, but not enough to do anything worthwhile."

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@saren: That's kind of the point, he was purposely being a douche to someone who deserved it.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Saren

@papinacho said:

@saren: That's kind of the point, he was purposely being a douche to someone who deserved it.

Which is silly. Beast may deserve it, but the Watcher has nothing better to do than to make that clear for him? I mean, what was the start of that conversation like?

"Psst, Beast. Wake up. I need to tell you how terrible you are."

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By adamTRMM

It began very promising (am I the only one who realized it is the Watcher since the beginning?), then turned into a typical Bendis issue, BUT that panel was damn worth it all!

No Caption Provided

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I am glad that I dropped the book.It didn't hold anything interesting for me so I made the right decision.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk why you're so butthurt over this series. overall its not bad. But every issue you have some post saying how much you hate bendis or how much you hate this book but yet you read every single issue. Seriously stop reading or stop complaining

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Are people on here seriously going to get into the Original Sin story coming up?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So beast will try to get the o5 back to there time any way possible. No wonder he went villian in the future from BotA. I'm actually get tired of the o5, just send them back aready before they mess up the timestream like the watcher said. Also i dont want to see teen jean go evil for the millionth time, lol

@koays said:

@avenger85 said:

@koays said:

Best Answer of the Year :) lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Personally I liked the whole 'you disgust me' bit enough that I wasn't too annoyed by it.

Avatar image for noteworthington
    Noteworthington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Studies have concluded that in 2014, the only way to actually 'Epic Fail' is to utter the phrase 'Epic Fail.' This comment will implode in 3 ... 2 ... 1.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I'm tradewaiting. Avengers vs. X-Men, Battle of the Atom, and Forever Evil have left me suspicious about events in general, and my experience with Aaron as a writer has been lackluster (didn't/don't like WatXM and the aforementioned BotA). The art I've seen of it looks amazing though.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raggedscarecrow

I'm still looking forawrd to x-men:no more humans

@noteworthington said:

Studies have concluded that in 2014, the only way to actually 'Epic Fail' is to utter the phrase 'Epic Fail.' This comment will implode in 3 ... 2 ... 1.

lol

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@saren: Well yeah, unlimited cosmic omniscience; limited ability to affect anything. Anyone would be petty.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So beast will try to get the o5 back to there time any way possible. No wonder he went villian in the future from BotA. I'm actually get tired of the o5, just send them back aready before they mess up the timestream like the watcher said. Also i dont want to see teen jean go evil for the millionth time, lol

@avenger85 said:

@koays said:

@avenger85 said:

@koays said:

No he wont be able to send them back. And here his descent into full-time villainy can begin.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@avenger85 said:

@koays said:

@avenger85 said:

@koays said:

No he wont be able to send them back. And here his descent into full-time villainy can begin.

lol, really??? but everyone loves Beast. hahahahaha. They have to go back eventually because its the right thing to do and once the stories run out(BotA,Trial of jean grey, etc)

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I wonder what huge f**k up Beast has pulled to get the Watcher's attention. That's what happens when you mess with the timestream irresponsibly with no remorse. Hopefully it does have a connection to Watcher's death, though I'm doubtful of this. It would be pretty interesting.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the artworks were not even good

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the artworks were not even good

It was decent. But really, just 1 or 2 pages of real story.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By adamTRMM

Bendis is such a troll... and he successfully trolled us with each and every panel of that issue.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Bendis is such a troll... and he syccesfully trolled us with each and every panel of that issue.

true and his books are really, really slow pace especially uxm and anxm

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.