Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Emotional Spectrum X

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By adamTRMM

Well, the title speaks for itself. Since this kind of games are always fun timekillers, we won't avoid an opportunity to play it here as well.

The rules are obvious, you all know what Emotional Spectrum is, now it's your job to figure out what X-characters would fit the right spectrum to be its Lanterns and wear its ring! (lol)

Violet/Love : Indigo/Compassion : Blue/Hope : Green/Willpower : Yellow/Fear : Orange/Avarice : Red/Rage
    Violet/Love : Indigo/Compassion : Blue/Hope : Green/Willpower : Yellow/Fear : Orange/Avarice : Red/Rage

(Black and White we're not getting into, but if you still have a suggestion feel free to share it)

A bonus:

What X-character could eventually perform this feat?

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Koays

Charles Xavier for Head of the Blue Lanterns.

When you've seen your best friends turn into terrorist, your son destroy reality, and your students crucified on your front lawn....and yet still you believe that mutants can peacefully coexist with humans and that there's a place for everyone on earth. Your ridiculously hopeful.....

Either that or Green Lantern Prof. X

because he saw his emotionally unstable student possessed by a cosmic entity and attacked by all the heroes of earth AFTER finding out that his girlfriend cheated on him....and his reaction?

No Caption Provided

Put his hands in his pocket and give him a lecture!!!

WILL POWER!

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By adamTRMM

@koays:

Whoa... that would be hard to beat... what was I thinking? I think we have a winner by default. Close the thread!

Well, what about the bonus? :p

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Koays

@adamtrmm: Lol

Honestly....Greed is just hard to find someone for but as much as I hate to admit it, the closest one i can think of is: Storm.

She's got the full range of the spectrum minus Orange thanks to Claremont....smh now the Storm fans can go to the GL page and call her the greatest lantern of all time.

Though Wolverine do to his "I am everything to everyone" status might be a close runner up.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

Lol you love the Storm fans :)

But I agree, the only characters that I can think about having variety of defining emotional aspects are Storm and Cyclops, and still not covering all of them.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@adamtrmm said:

@koays:

But I agree, the only characters that I can think about having variety of defining emotional aspects are Storm and Cyclops, and still not covering all of them.

I don't follow the GL stuff (the last Green Lantern that interested me was Guy Gardener in the late 80's :P ), so maybe I'm wrong about how to interpret these, but..

Doesn't Emma cover the full spectrum? Because I can think of examples of her being/using all of these aspects..

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@koays:

I don't follow the GL stuff (the last Green Lantern that interested me was Guy Gardener in the late 80's :P ), so maybe I'm wrong about how to interpret these, but..

Doesn't Emma cover the full spectrum? Because I can think of examples of her being/using all of these aspects..

Wow...Emma actually does work good here.

Also I was thinking Mystique maybe? Compassion is probably the weakest point here....but yea Emma Frost for White Lantern

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Koays

Though if the White Queen embodies life.....I think it's more then obvious who gets the Black Lantern Ring.

No Caption Provided
    adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By adamTRMM
    @oldnightcrawler said:

This guy just ruined the Red Lantern book....

Fear, Hope and Rage I don't seem to recall..

@koays:

It's funny how Emma and Selene totally fit color-wise.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@adamtrmm said:
    @oldnightcrawler said:

This guy just ruined the Red Lantern book....

No Caption Provided

Guy Gardner? the one true and greatest of all the Green Lanterns?

that is a shame..

Bwa-hahaha!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Selene is basically Marvel's Black hand...

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

That would be Thanos...

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Cyke for G.L,

Mageto for, Yellow, Green.

Wolverine for red( red energy claw would be badass).

Apocalypse for black or white.

Charles for blue.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is a super fun thread, haha. Cool idea! My answers are purely subjective. I know I don't have to point it out, but I just want to make sure anyone who reads this post understands this is based on how I view each character, regardless of how they might be depicted right now:

Violet/Love:

Jean Grey. Everything she's done, has been in the name of it and in all its forms; daughter, sister, friend, lover, mentor and student.

Indigo/Compassion:

Rogue. I could say this is due to her particular mutation, but Rogue has always tried to be the better person, always tried to understand the motivations behind what other people do. It's more than second chances with her. It's about seeing everyone for who they can be, rather than what they present to the world.

Blue/Hope:

Kitty and Nightcrawler. I couldn't choose between the two because they each represent hope so perfectly. Kitty, because she was the first youngest X-Man who was thrown into some nasty situations and still, remains an X-Man. And Kurt is the guy you want to cry onto the shoulder of because no matter how bleak things seem, he will always point out the beauty in you and the world around you. He would never, ever, let you give up on yourself. I want to be an X-Man just so I can have late night talks with him in the mansion's kitchen, slurping away at a bucket of chocolate fudge ice cream...

Green/Willpower:

Cyclops. I could go on and on about strength of character and holding fast for the betterment of others at the sacrifice of one's self, but it might be me preaching to the choir if die hard X-Men fans are reading this. Scott is willpower incarnate in my eyes.

Yellow/Fear:

I might get some slack for this, but I'll place Beast in here for now. He's always worried about the effects of others, always worried and trying to understand everything and getting answers under the impression it can save and protect the world. That's fear to me, not accepting things as they are and always thinking there is an answer for everything when the problem might just be a matter of changing one's self. Sometimes, you can be in the wrong. Accepting that is scary.

Orange/Avarice:

Magneto. He wants things right, and he wants things right, right now. It's all or nothing, take everything and then some. Not knowing where to draw the line is kind of hard for this guy.

Red/Rage:

This might come off as a cop out, but bear with me. I going with Logan here. Rage isn't always a bad thing, kind of like a forest fire burns away the dead trees and brush that hinders growth of young, strong sprouts. Wiping away all the garbage of yesterday to make way for tomorrow is a good thing, and Wolverine was all about protecting and ensuring the next generation had it better than he did. Being as old as he is, I think it makes him a good judge of what mistakes the past is full of. Getting mad and obliterating relics is okay, sometimes.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By adamTRMM

@ms-lola:

The yellow ring is about imposing fear :) I liked the explanation behind your decision, but I think this is not how the fear concept works. It's the more you scare people, the more power you have.

Also, nice one about Magneto. Never thought about him this way.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@ms-lola:

The yellow ring is about imposing fear :) I liked the explanation behind your decision, but I think this is not how the fear concept works. It's the more you scare people, the more power you have.

Also, nice one about Magneto. Never thought about him this way.

I swear, if CV was a person I'd step on its toe. I didn't get this notification until now. Sorry!

Yes, you're right about the yellow ring. I would just prefer it be that way, haha. (:>)

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering the fear that mutant inspire in humans in general they would all be good candidates for the yellow ring.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering the fear that mutant inspire in humans in general they would all be good candidates for the yellow ring.

Good one!

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green: Cyclops. He stands behind his convictions, has failed and taken accountability but he does not let feat drive him.

Indigo: Jubilee. From Wolverine, baby Illyana, to the current stray, she wants to care for others.

Blue. Kitty. She wants all to be well even after all she has been through. She is more of a support than a front liner.

Pink. Emma, she is always looking for love and is terrified when she gets it. Love is a driver for her.

Yellow. Illyana. She gives fear just from her presence much of the time.

Orange. Storm. She has always tried to steal the spotlight, meddlesome in affairs she has no need being in, and will do anything to gain a title (goddess, headmistress, leader, queen). Her thirst is real.

Red. Rogue. She has a lot of pent up anger. When she blows she has always blown big. Now that she has a pacifist inside her she is even more conflicted and angry.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.