Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Emma push-training jean, what would happen?

• 56 results
    darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So Emma started training jean. Emma will surely teach jean the different ways of using tp, especially the ones that she had been accustomed to, the dark ways. Scott should have realized that this might be one reason why jean would end up as XORN.

I really don't have a problem with XORN. I think what she came back to do was right on some levels. I just feel that jean would be better off training with PSYLOCKE OR RACHEL. I mean, both have tk and tp. Both have a touch of jean. Rachel being jean's daughter, and psylocke having some of jean's powers.

the upside of training with emma though, is jean might be pushed to be more powerful than she is now or even be pushed to have another feat under her new powerset.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't know but it will be hilarious as hell!!!!

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Emma is on Scott's side, so she's the obvious choice. Then she is the best teacher out of the ones you mentioned, and the most skilled. If Scott wants Jean to master all of her abilities, Emma is the one obvious choice.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Emma is a teacher to boot. As much as I enjoy Psylocke and Rachel, Emma knows what it is to be a teacher, she ran a school, she trained GenX she had both incarnations of the Hellions, and she's the most skilled telepath, no not necessarily the strongest, but she definitely is the most skilled at what she does, so I think her training Jean makes sense.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:

Emma is on Scott's side, so she's the obvious choice. Then she is the best teacher out of the ones you mentioned, and the most skilled. If Scott wants Jean to master all of her abilities, Emma is the one obvious choice.

While agree that Emma is the obvious choice and a good teacher, I don't think she is the best choice. She clearly has too many issues with adult Jean to be 100% trusted with young Jeans training. It's obvious from the last issue, I'm not buying that buddy buddy we are the world crap at the end of the issue. Fact is that during Fear itself Emma was ready to kill Hope because her fear was that she was Jean. Young Jean has seen that she can't separate the two of them even in training. Emma is too devious to train Jean IMO, she may even have other motives since they have been going the Magneto/Polaris route having her link with others with the same power to use as her own. I don't trust her, and she always has an ulterior motive.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: I agree with you. The best friend thing that happened, seems a bit... Forced and happened to quickly. There is way too much drama and history between Emma and Jean that would get sorted during a telepathic battle. It's weird that they've buried the hatchet of a rivalry that STILL continued after one of them died.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Xorn Jean didn't exist. It was a construct made by kid Xavier.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xorn Jean didn't exist. It was a construct made by kid Xavier.

I believe the implication was that she did exist but after the initial battle history changed. Which is why theFuture Brotherhood's original origin no longer fits in with what we saw of them the last time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: The one we saw in BOTA was real, the one when they returned was not

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma is a teacher to boot. As much as I enjoy Psylocke and Rachel, Emma knows what it is to be a teacher, she ran a school, she trained GenX she had both incarnations of the Hellions, and she's the most skilled telepath, no not necessarily the strongest, but she definitely is the most skilled at what she does, so I think her training Jean makes sense.

+1

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the xorn in the 2nd attack was an illusion, the 1st was real

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

while i do agree that this new friendship between emma & young jean maybe forced you have to look at all of the scenarios.

1- since jean's death how many times has she interacted with emma, saving emma, hinting to emma that there was more to come. that emma had to be prepared. of course at the time everyone assumed that was all in reference to Hope but for all we know it went beyond hope and now we have teen jean.

2- emma has tasted the power of the phoenix force, knows what i can do and what it did to jean.

3- emma at the most part has limited control over her powers, with teen jean gaining powers she never had before maybe emma is using jean as a way to reclaim her previous powers as well as amplify them. as of late we know emma has been feeding off of not only teen jean's power but the cuckoos as well, who knows what the long term effects of this will be.

4- between Jean & the cuckoos emma is making sure they are strong enough to handle the telepathic responsibilities that 616 jean, xavier & herself once handled.

5- teen jean is a timebomb.... why would emma want anyone else teaching her. yes there are other telepaths out there that are stronger than emma was but not all of them have the fine-tuning and control emma has. the only other telepath that emma would have felt comfortable enough with training teen jean is xavier but he is dead

6- we have seen that the O5 can directly effect their present counter-parts in certain ways, maybe emma feels that establishing a friendship with teen jean will change her & 616 jean's stance/friendship should she ever return or atleast if the O5's return to their original place in time does change the present surrounding the x-men/mutants maybe it will better emma & jean's or even scott's relationship

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Psy_chrometer

Jean will become powerful, kick her butts for sleeping with Cyclops, and then destroy her. Emma need to go find herself a team and become a teacher for the next Hellions. I truly miss the Hellions. I want the Hellions team back. Emma is better of with her own.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xspectre28:

1- since jean's death how many times has she interacted with emma, saving emma, hinting to emma that there was more to come. that emma had to be prepared. of course at the time everyone assumed that was all in reference to Hope but for all we know it went beyond hope and now we have teen jean.

I was under the impression that she as telling her to prepare for the Phoenix coming to Earth, especially since they decided to have Emma as a host.

2- emma has tasted the power of the phoenix force, knows what i can do and what it did to jean.

It didn't do anything to Jean. Emma and Mastermind set the stage for the Dark Phoenix manifestation.

3- emma at the most part has limited control over her powers, with teen jean gaining powers she never had before maybe emma is using jean as a way to reclaim her previous powers as well as amplify them. as of late we know emma has been feeding off of not only teen jean's power but the cuckoos as well, who knows what the long term effects of this will be.

This I can see being a reason.

4- between Jean & the cuckoos emma is making sure they are strong enough to handle the telepathic responsibilities that 616 jean, xavier & herself once handled.

Maybe, but I don't believe it especially if #4 is accurate.

5- teen jean is a timebomb.... why would emma want anyone else teaching her. yes there are other telepaths out there that are stronger than emma was but not all of them have the fine-tuning and control emma has. the only other telepath that emma would have felt comfortable enough with training teen jean is xavier but he is dead

With Cable alive and considering Jean taught him everything about telepathy, he would be the best teacher for her to become the level of psi she is supposed to become.

6- we have seen that the O5 can directly effect their present counter-parts in certain ways, maybe emma feels that establishing a friendship with teen jean will change her & 616 jean's stance/friendship should she ever return or atleast if the O5's return to their original place in time does change the present surrounding the x-men/mutants maybe it will better emma & jean's or even scott's relationship

Trying to change things between past Jean and Emma is not possible unless past Emma is also changed since it was her fault that she ever even crossed paths with Jean. She still kidnapped and tortured her friends, which lead to their original confrontation. Jeans beef with Emma didn't start with a petty fight over a man, it was because Emma helped a man mind rape her, hurt her friends and then dared to fight her about it. And if they return and change anything won't it simply become an alternate reality?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For all we know Emma is training Jean to get a backdoor into her mind so that she can kill her off, disrupting the time stream. Emma swore vengeance on the Jean/Phoenix, she wants 616 adult Jean to come back so she can fight, what better way then to try kill her young self.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For all we know Emma is training Jean to get a backdoor into her mind so that she can kill her off, disrupting the time stream. Emma swore vengeance on the Jean/Phoenix, she wants 616 adult Jean to come back so she can fight, what better way then to try kill her young self.

Not only is Emma not stupid enough to screw with the timeline, she also doesn't kill children even if it is Jean Grey.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That moment when you realize that Emma was right and people will probably always see her as evil....

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

honestly, I think its as simple as Emma doesn't hold a grudge against young jean....she makes snippy comments, but that's just they way she is. To my knowledge most of her issues with young jean stem from the O5's disruption of the time stream, which is completely reasonable.

as for people always seeing her as evil....at least in universe most characters seem to accept that she has changed. She still has an attitude that makes most people dislike her though

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

honestly, I think its as simple as Emma doesn't hold a grudge against young jean....she makes snippy comments, but that's just they way she is. To my knowledge most of her issues with young jean stem from the O5's disruption of the time stream, which is completely reasonable.

as for people always seeing her as evil....at least in universe most characters seem to accept that she has changed. She still has an attitude that makes most people dislike her though

i see it this way too. Emma is a bitch. It's why we love her (or love to hate her). It is clear her anti-Jean grudge is against the Dead Jean. And teen Jean isn't copping Emma's attitude any more or less than any of the new students. (perhaps more than the other O5 - but really, only teen Jean has done anything of them, oh ok Cyclops got to go space pirating with Corsair, and Angel might be hooking up with X-23, but still... jean has the spotlight)

Emma, i don't feel, was ever "evil." I think that whilst responsibility for the actions she chose to take most definitely lie with her... her circumstances, background, and personality are all major factors in her acting in evil ways. Her passion for teaching is outright contradiction of her being Evil. From her Massachusetts Academy Hellions, through Gen x and the New Hellions/Young X-Men... we've seen that Emma is a truly good person, wanting nothing but the best FOR and FROM her students. Her heart is just wrapped up in a narcissistic, ruthless, preppy bitch with grandeur issues (not delusions of tho, she is Grand).

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Just on the Cable thing... you are aware that he is virtually powerless at the moment, and currently dying literally every day...? He's definitely NOT a candidate. And considering how farqed up Hope is... and she has NO powers of her own... letting that train wreck of a man anywhere NEAR an impressionable teen Jean would be insane. Emma would never allow that - Cyclops would never allow that.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Just on the Cable thing... you are aware that he is virtually powerless at the moment, and currently dying literally every day...? He's definitely NOT a candidate. And considering how farqed up Hope is... and she has NO powers of her own... letting that train wreck of a man anywhere NEAR an impressionable teen Jean would be insane. Emma would never allow that - Cyclops would never allow that.

Emma is virtually powerless too, but I didn't know he was dying. He would still make a better teacher IMO than Emma because he has good history with Jean and was trained by her when he was child. It can be argued that Emma shouldn't be anywhere near impressionable teens either, with her track record of getting them killed.

@lordofallhumans said:

Not only is Emma not stupid enough to screw with the timeline, she also doesn't kill children even if it is Jean Grey.

She is screwing with the timeline by training Jean and even interacting with the time displaced O5. Does she see a child when she is with teen Jean, or does she just see Jean? Her fear let us know that she will kill a child just because she thought it was Jean, her name was Hope.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she was heavily under the influence of the serpent. After trying to break into the serpent-empowered juggernauts mind she was instantly knocked out. When she woke in the hospital next to hope she had a glazed over look in her eyes, was hearing voices and was rambling. When Namor snapped her out of it she was so confused she thought he was Scott and only then realized what she was doing. Safe to call being under the influence of a fear god "not in your right mind"

they cant send the O5 back. she tried going behind scotts back and called the JGS since he wanted to let them stay, while she thought they should go. Since sending them back isn't possible there really isn't a choice when it comes to interacting with them. They already know far to much about their future, and the alternative is to let them wander the world unprotected.

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma push-training Jean? This can turn out bad IMO. I'm sure we all know why I'm saying this.

JCG79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone wake me after 20 issues or so when Bendis might start to make anything of this development. For now the O5 is off to an extended stay in the Ultimate Universe, so no training will be forthcoming for quite some time.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate it when people say that Emma is not a good teacher because of the dead students. Like if it was Emma who killed them!

Emma and Xavier are the best teachers in the X-Universe, both when it comes to telepathy or other subjects. Just look at Morph for a recent example of how good is Emma at teaching and helping her students to reach their potential. She's the best candidate as a teacher for Jean Grey and she's shown in more than an issues that her rivarly with Adult Grey isn't altering her lucidity towards Jeen(remember when she ordered the Cuckoos not to bully Jeen?).

Rachel isn't a great teacher, she's average at best. Psylocke? Not that skilled as a telepath, and I see her more as a " combat trainer" than a teacher. Same for Cable(who's currently dying so..), he is a great soldier and a great trainer but we've never seen him teaching TP.

Emma has been teaching and training Telepaths for years now, she's the best candidate to teach Jeen. And if she teaches her some "unusual" telepathic trick that Xavier would never dare to teach her, then it's better for Jeen.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i disagree with rachel not being a good teacher. she was trained by both xavier and emma. she pushes the kids to their limits, trying to prepare them for the worst future. even logan thinks she's pushing the kids too hard. she knows everything that xavier knows telepathically.

JCG79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel is a bad fit for such a role. Having the O5 in the 616 present is already a big pill to swallow. Having them interact with offspring from future alternate timelines pushes to silliness far over the limit. There's a reason Bendis does not want to touch Rachel. Well, beyond that one panel to illuminate the absurdity off it all.

Beyond the convolutedness their interaction would also lack drama and be relatively boring. Except perhaps for hardcore Summers/Grey family fans.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha:Psylocke has just as much skill as Emma and telepathic combat is just as important as anything else.:P

@jcg79 said:

Rachel is a bad fit for such a role. Having the O5 in the 616 present is already a big pill to swallow. Having them interact with offspring from future alternate timelines pushes to silliness far over the limit. There's a reason Bendis does not want to touch Rachel. Well, beyond that one panel to illuminate the absurdity off it all.

Beyond the convolutedness their interaction would also lack drama and be relatively boring. Except perhaps for hardcore Summers/Grey family fans.

I agree with this and I think its unfortunate this opportunity will never happen because besides that Rachel would be an excellent teacher for Jeen. It would give her a chance to bond and influence her mother in much better ways than Emma imo. That's not to say Emma isn't a great teacher, just that her being the "perfect" candidate seems a bit of a stretch to me. She will be a bitch but I can definitely see her grooming Jean to be a skilled psi. However Jean has the capablities to go above and beyond what Emma can do, which is why I say Rachel is the better fit.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: being skilled or powerful isn't the same thing as being a good teacher.

And Psylocke has never displayed the degree of skills Emma has :P (but let's not start the telepathic feats debate again hahaha).

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By devilsgrin81

@roddy010 said:

@veitha:Psylocke has just as much skill as Emma and telepathic combat is just as important as anything else.:P

@jcg79 said:

I agree with this and I think its unfortunate this opportunity will never happen because besides that Rachel would be an excellent teacher for Jeen. It would give her a chance to bond and influence her mother in much better ways than Emma imo. That's not to say Emma isn't a great teacher, just that her being the "perfect" candidate seems a bit of a stretch to me. She will be a bitch but I can definitely see her grooming Jean to be a skilled psi. However Jean has the capablities to go above and beyond what Emma can do, which is why I say Rachel is the better fit.

Rachel has shown Zero teaching skills. She'd be a decent study-buddy, but she's in no way a teacher. Emma is the ONLY candidate. Heck it's not even an interview process. She's literally the ONLY true telepathic instructor of mutant-kind still alive. Teen Jean and Rachel can't bond like mother and daughter thats just freaking weird to suggest. CREEEEEPY. Also... Rachel isn't the most normal or stable of individuals.... her influence would be a questionable thing. Emma is actually a very good role model. She fell to darkness, found her passion, sought and fought for, then found redemption among her former enemies. She's selfish, but she's also utterly selfless. She's fiercely independent, but also a dedicated team-mate and leader. "Be yourself, but remember, you aren't alone. With Great power comes great opportunity, but also great responsibility."

Sorry... Betsy is not as skilled as Emma. It's not even close. As powerful now, sure, but no-where near the skill level of The White Queen. She's good, sure, indeed at the moment isn't she like the No. 2 or No. 3 telepath on earth? But she's no Emma Frost. When the world needs a top tier telepath - and Jean and Charles are dead - the first person they turn to is Emma Frost. Like Betsy, Rachel is also no-where near as skilled as Emma. We saw that ON-PANEL when Emma psi-spanked her hard.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:

@roddy010: being skilled or powerful isn't the same thing as being a good teacher.

And Psylocke has never displayed the degree of skills Emma has :P (but let's not start the telepathic feats debate again hahaha).

Yes but having extended knoowledge on a subject does make one a great teacher and this is something both Besty and Rachel have. I'll be making a thread soon on the X-worlds most skilled telepath, I'll be sure to tag you. Lol

@devilsgrin81: You do know that Rachel has lead an entire group of people under the alias Mother Askani, teaching them the ways of the Phoenix? If she can impact an entire group of people, I'm sure her teenaged mother wouldn't be any different. What you may find "creepy" others see potential stories and character development. Jean and Rachel share a much more intimate bond than her and Emma. Jean and Emma's wanna be frenemy fiasco is more forced than the premise of the Cleveland Show. Child please.

Also Emma being a good role model is laughable on all accounts. If you want me to educate you on how much of a beast Besty truely is, I will gladly tag you in the thread as well :)

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

@veitha said:

Yes but having extended knoowledge on a subject does make one a great teacher and this is something both Besty and Rachel have. I'll be making a thread soon on the X-worlds most skilled telepath, I'll be sure to tag you. Lol

@devilsgrin81: You do know that Rachel has lead an entire group of people under the alias Mother Askani, teaching them the ways of the Phoenix? If she can impact an entire group of people, I'm sure her teenaged mother wouldn't be any different. What you may find "creepy" others see potential stories and character development. Jean and Rachel share a much more intimate bond than her and Emma. Jean and Emma's wanna be frenemy fiasco is more forced than the premise of the Cleveland Show. Child please.

Also Emma being a good role model is laughable on all accounts. If you want me to educate you on how much of a beast Besty truely is, I will gladly tag you in the thread as well :)

tag me in sure.

Current Rachel isn't Mother Askani tho...

Cleveland Show reference... i surrender... you win. lol. can't not debate tho... so... intimate bond, and yet they said boo to eachother like once. Intimate bonds can be a bad thing tho... especially in a teacher-student relationship. Emma would always be objective, and challenging to her students. Rachel... might want to be too friendly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: please tag me too you know I love that stuff lol

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel was around the same age as now when she started clan askani. she didn't have much tp knowledge then than she does now. she is the perfect phoenix-to-be teacher. She was able to keep the phoenix power and not even use it till, really needed. she had perfect control over it.

Though i also think that she'd be more careful and friendly with teen jean unlike emma who would be more pushy and would once in awhile try to hurt jean just for the sake of it. If there is something that rachel and emma have in common, it is teaching and telling people what to do.

I also just realized that both are good tacticians too. it has always been given that emma is intelligent and is a very good tactician. Rachel recently has been showing leadership skills and intelligence too. Something she might have inherited from cyclops. Though she has admitted in the askani rising arc that she wished that she had her father's leadership skills and not her mother's hot temper.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: Yeah there "making peace with each other" did seem a little forced. but at least it would show something new happening.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By devilsgrin81

@darthphoenix: Rachel never held the full power of the Phoenix, she held but a fragment.

I think Teen Jean needs an antagonistic, challenging style of instruction. No hippy love-ins for that girl. She's going bad ass. Emma is the better choice.

Never seen even a glimmer of Rachel being a decent teacher, at the age she is now. What Mother Askani does in the future... that's different entirely. She showed no leadership skills recently, she just challenged a leader. There's a difference. She's a follower.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: Rachel never held the full power of the Phoenix, she held but a fragment.

I think Teen Jean needs an antagonistic, challenging style of instruction. No hippy love-ins for that girl. She's going bad ass. Emma is the better choice.

Never seen even a glimmer of Rachel being a decent teacher, at the age she is now. What Mother Askani does in the future... that's different entirely. She showed no leadership skills recently, she just challenged a leader. There's a difference. She's a follower.

Amen.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel had the full access to the phoenix power during her excalibur days. she used it to defeat both galactus and necrom. she would'nt have defeated necrom if she didn't have the phoenix's full power. she used it to overload necrom. she said that the phoenix's power is infinite and she made it flow right through her to necrom's body making him explode and killing herself at the process. The Phoenix force restored her body though

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she was heavily under the influence of the serpent. After trying to break into the serpent-empowered juggernauts mind she was instantly knocked out. When she woke in the hospital next to hope she had a glazed over look in her eyes, was hearing voices and was rambling. When Namor snapped her out of it she was so confused she thought he was Scott and only then realized what she was doing. Safe to call being under the influence of a fear god "not in your right mind"

they cant send the O5 back. she tried going behind scotts back and called the JGS since he wanted to let them stay, while she thought they should go. Since sending them back isn't possible there really isn't a choice when it comes to interacting with them. They already know far to much about their future, and the alternative is to let them wander the world unprotected.

The fact remains her fear was Jean coming back as Hope. Jean Grey was her fear. The fear god did not create her fear.

How is this relevant?

My point remains that Emma is just the obvious choice to train Jean, that does not mean she is the best, she hasn't done anything to make me think she should be trusted with Jean Grey. Jean has natural talent in telepathy, she would benefit from any teacher in the field that has at least basic knowledge.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By darthphoenix

even Magik is scared of the thought of emma training one of the most powerful mutants in the planet.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma is one of the best teachers, this coming from a Jean Grey fan, but I am a bit concerned about Emma and her true motives... Before any of you jump at me, we're talking about Emma Frost, she always has motives... However, she does care for her students and has been deeply troubled and guilty about the death of the students (as shown is astonishing...)

Emma is a great teacher but I don't think she should be training Jean... I can't think of a suitable substitute(s)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: pretty sure that was just comic relief. Like when the gf and mother in law start becoming buddies, the guy will be like oh thats scary thats not right

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know, but i'm sure it was half meant or there's a subliminal reason for saying it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: with the alarmingly high number of jokes per issue, i kind of doubt it lol. But we'll see in time!

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: pretty sure that was just comic relief. Like when the gf and mother in law start becoming buddies, the guy will be like oh thats scary thats not right

LOL

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans:

only brought it up because you were referencing Fear itself. And while Emma might have been afraid about Jean returning, and lets be honest, everyone should be nervous if she comes back all things considered, she would not have tried to kill the girl in her sleep, and in fact didn't even know she was doing it until Namor snapped her to her senses. That was a god of fear in her head and pushing whatever fear was in her to the point of near insanity.

what WOULD she have to do to make you think she can be trusted? She has been an X-man for years now. One of the most consistent things about her has been that her passion is teaching, she is good at it, and she loves her students.

I haven't seen anything point to Rachael or Psylocke being exceptionally good teachers. Sure they could teacher her, but Emma is the one who is best it. Even if both Psylocke and Rachael were there, Emma would still be the best choice IMO.

Emma did not steal Teen-Jean's man, and Teen-Jean is not the one who has been the shadow looming over Emma and Scotts relationship. The idea that they SHOULD hate each other is honestly stupid.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Koays

@lordofallhumans:

only brought it up because you were referencing Fear itself. And while Emma might have been afraid about Jean returning, and lets be honest, everyone should be nervous if she comes back all things considered, she would not have tried to kill the girl in her sleep, and in fact didn't even know she was doing it until Namor snapped her to her senses. That was a god of fear in her head and pushing whatever fear was in her to the point of near insanity.

what WOULD she have to do to make you think she can be trusted? She has been an X-man for years now. One of the most consistent things about her has been that her passion is teaching, she is good at it, and she loves her students.

I haven't seen anything point to Rachael or Psylocke being exceptionally good teachers. Sure they could teacher her, but Emma is the one who is best it. Even if both Psylocke and Rachael were there, Emma would still be the best choice IMO.

Emma did not steal Teen-Jean's man, and Teen-Jean is not the one who has been the shadow looming over Emma and Scotts relationship. The idea that they SHOULD hate each other is honestly stupid.

QFT

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordmordor:

I referenced it because it's relevant to the Jean/Emma relationship. We know the fear god pushed her, but the fear god does not create fear, and her fear was Jean all the fear god did was exploit that.

Let's keep it real, she was not teaching Gen X, more than she was an administrator. Banshee was the real teacher. She didn't even know that M had a teacher in Gateway and was surprised the girl was a telepath.

I said Rachel or Betsy would make better teachers? I have not argued that Emma is not a good teacher, I just don't think she is the best teacher for Jean. She has issues with Jean. I said if Jean needs a teacher why not the man that she raised and taught all about telepathy...Cable

What?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.