Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Emma Frost or Jean Grey : Who do you like the more

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Edited By time1

Poll Emma Frost or Jean Grey : Who do you like the more (138 votes)

Emma Frost 48%
    Jean Grey 47%

In one of my previous polls, Emma is leading as X-Men best lady. So I have decided to put Emma Frost against the other X-ladies individually. We had Storm and Emma and Rogue and Emma and Psylocke and Emma Frost. Now its Jean Grey and Emma Frost.

Jean and Emma has one of the most popular rivalries in X-Men comics, not just the characters, but the fans as well.

Who do you like more Jean Grey or Emma Frost

• 
    The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Jean

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By EC2277

@somacula said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: the funny part is that all cyke exes end up dead or in limbo without his help :

-Maddie :dead

-Jean : dead

-Lee : limbo

-Collen wing : limbo

-Emma :?????

Oh my God!

Cyclops isn't a womanizer, he is a true sciupafemmine: sciupafemmine is the italian word for womanizer but it is also the union of sciupa (the italian word for ruin) and femmine (the italian word for women). He is literally a man who ruins the women.

P.S. Emma is an escaped prisonier, wanted from the authorities. Not, she is an escaped prisoner wanted from the SHIELD and Avengers.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emma will never get off of jean's shadows. she will never win

Avatar image for willowintiraymi
    willowintiraymi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: Not sure if you know this but that is not Jean grey in the picture that you made with the two of them.. It's Jasmine from the Image comic Spirit of the Tao..

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somacula said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: the funny part is that all cyke exes end up dead or in limbo without his help :

-Maddie :dead

-Jean : dead

-Lee : limbo

-Collen wing : limbo

-Emma :?????

lol and agreed

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have forgotten Psylocke in that list.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

111 votes and jean wins. the percentage is not right though. hahahaha

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: Not sure if you know this but that is not Jean grey in the picture that you made with the two of them.. It's Jasmine from the Image comic Spirit of the Tao..

no its from new x-men from the grant morrison run

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It isn't a problem because Silvestri can drawn only two type of women: women whit long hair and women with short hair. In my opinion he drawn very well, but he cannot drawn two faces different from each other.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Bboyyomama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma frost is way sexier. Like, jean and Emma can't even compare.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma frost is way sexier. Like, jean and Emma can't even compare.

you know what they say: "sex sells"

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

If there is anything I've learned about the X-Men fanbase, it's that you can't reason with Jean Grey fans. I lent my friend the first ultimate collection of New X-Men (the first X-Men comic she's ever read), and she hates Emma Frost and loves Jean Grey. She accused Emma of being a ho, and when I asked her how Jean was any better for kissing Wolverine, she just said, "Well, Jean and Wolverine are both badasses and should be together!" Of course, most Jean Grey fans don't agree with the latter part (most people don't, in fact), but they seem to forget that Jean cheated on Cyclops first.

As I've said before, I don't dislike Jean Grey. When she's written well, she can be pretty cool (like she was in New X-Men). Otherwise, she's boring. Emma's just always been a more interesting character. I just wish Brian Michael Bendis would stop writing her so poorly and give her more to do.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By EC2277

In my opinion that is the great mistake made by Morrison in his run: killing Jean. To due of that, Emma had played in the following run, a role which could be interpreted very well by Jean and now we have a character (Emma), who was a perfect antagonist when she was the White Queen, distorted and a Jean dead without any evolution capable to make her more interesting and died so many times that she has become unbearable.

That's a very pity because I think she is the female character with more potential of all the Marvel Universe.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Jean!

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morrison made a shortcut on jean's evolution. she hasn't even enjoyed the benefits of being able to tap onto the phoenix force, more so when she became a host again. she immediately bonded with the phoenix force making her a god already. after that, there is nowhere else to go.

Clever idea to give the evolution of jean a new path in the form of o5 teen jean

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By EC2277

Yes, but it is been a wrong shortcut because Morrison has made a goddess of Jean, but with in this way he had killed the character and the successors of Morrison had have to use Emma in place of Jean, with the result to upset the White Queen.

I hate these shortcuts.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Emma frost, besides i love blondes.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Shebba

Difficult to decide, but I vote for Emma.

TrekGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean Grey

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan said:

If there is anything I've learned about the X-Men fanbase, it's that you can't reason with Jean Grey fans. I lent my friend the first ultimate collection of New X-Men (the first X-Men comic she's ever read), and she hates Emma Frost and loves Jean Grey. She accused Emma of being a ho, and when I asked her how Jean was any better for kissing Wolverine, she just said, "Well, Jean and Wolverine are both badasses and should be together!" Of course, most Jean Grey fans don't agree with the latter part (most people don't, in fact), but they seem to forget that Jean cheated on Cyclops first.

As I've said before, I don't dislike Jean Grey. When she's written well, she can be pretty cool (like she was in New X-Men). Otherwise, she's boring. Emma's just always been a more interesting character. I just wish Brian Michael Bendis would stop writing her so poorly and give her more to do.

my sister likes wolverine and jean together. i like cyclops and jean. equals catfights, lol.

Bamfsniktbamf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First post..

Having grew up with the impression of jean going nova during the events of her dark phoenix saga. Also one of my first comics, definitely the one that got me hooked till now as a xmen fan, i mean f#%^ the avengers n stuff.

I had since forever idolized jean as the ultimate fic female.

After a rather lengthy break from reading regularly comics (late 90s - 00s), got back recently and starting catching up with all the stuff i missed.. And i got to say.. Emma totally grew up on me. Starting from disgusting her i came to realize how a much more well rounded character she is, extremely complicated, stupidly sexy and like all her fans said so far, a total bitch ( mmmm...)

Also i came to believe that her addition to the team, evolved the whole thing for all the xmen that used to be such goody two shoes, especially during the claremont run (hey thats where i come from..).

Scott would never be a real person while he was in the shadow of jean and i always felt bad for him, never being a whole person for himself. Emma did this for him, in a way he made a man out of him, boosted and acknowledged him. i totally prefer them together.

Jean seems to be the ghost that haunts the xmen for all these years since the 80s. Never remotely humane (some would argue that she is a comic book mistress but hey im projecting here)

Emma

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean hands down. Emma can't compare.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

[…]

Jean seems to be the ghost that haunts the xmen for all these years since the 80s. Never remotely humane (some would argue that she is a comic book mistress but hey im projecting here)

Emma

Birne said in an interview that Jean was usefull like the spare wheel of the Blackbird.
    If an author write a story starting from this idea, it is very hard make a good characterization of a character.

Bamfsniktbamf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ppl seem to be so overwhelmed by the awesome power of the jean-phoenix-greys-whatever and all the hype coming from both the writers and fans alike concerning her-them.

Jean- teenager (in pretty much all her incarnations)

Emma - full grown woman

Personal taste aside (red-blonde, greys or cuckoos, what have you) this vote is pretty much a study in comics demographics

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its who do you like more jean or emma. I like emma to but i like jean more

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This. I'll be all over Emma when she's able to make diamond weapons.................i would scream.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

This. I'll be all over Emma when she's able to make diamond weapons.................i would scream.

how would she make diamond weapons like turn her hand into a spike and then back to a normal hand????? like iceman but with diamonds?????

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bamfsniktbamf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Bamfsniktbamf

ok so it gets down to who has the bigger weapon i take it?

cause in the case of jean that would be her popularity, got not a lot more going on for her..

like, i would love to see you jean guys naming one of her defining personality traits. lets see: she is an innocent fragile girl in constant trouble trying to keep her awesome power in check, struggling not to be consumed by a power cosmic... also gets to be a bit cranky from time to time.

the stereotypical empowered comic female actually but a bit boring and tiresome as a person? (never really stayed around much to grow up to be one)

No Caption Provided

Emma on the other hand may be outgunned but still her means of competing is her personality, a rather unique one and in fact she is the truly fictional character, cause you would never, ever find all of her contradictions in one box. better clothing choices also

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Emma Frost more.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By EC2277

After a long thought I have made my decision: my vote is for Jean because the Emma who we talking about, isn't the original Emma but only a blondie and a little slutty Jean.

I think in fact the "real Emma" was a dominatrix, a manipulator, a woman capable to humiliate the man with is body and is mind. The following dialogue taken from Classic X-Men 34 (Double Negative) explain perfectly what I mean.

There isn't. She isn't the White Queen, she is the Jean Grey that would always be have to be (except for the slutty attitude), but she has never been.

Some writer have tried to make Jean more human, for example Nicezia with the supposed affair between Scott and Betsy, or Simmons telling about the attraction between Jean and Logan. But Marvel said: «No! Jean is Jean: the faithflul wife, the pure girl, the loving mother of a child to another woman» and Jean was imprisoned in a not human stereotype.

The same Morrison was able to make a very human Jean when she found out the Scott's adultery, but after he reminded Jean have to take the abilitation to practice ad a Goodness and Jean had to fall into line.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok so it gets down to who has the bigger weapon i take it?

cause in the case of jean that would be her popularity, got not a lot more going on for her..

like, i would love to see you jean guys naming one of her defining personality traits. lets see: she is an innocent fragile girl in constant trouble trying to keep her awesome power in check, struggling not to be consumed by a power cosmic... also gets to be a bit cranky from time to time.

the stereotypical empowered comic female actually but a bit boring and tiresome as a person? (never really stayed around much to grow up to be one)

No Caption Provided

Emma on the other hand may be outgunned but still her means of competing is her personality, a rather unique one and in fact she is the truly fictional character, cause you would never, ever find all of her contradictions in one box. better clothing choices also

have you read emma frost origins when she as a teenager was suppoes to have pimples and be way too skinny. Also in origins she said she didnt wanted to become her father and then at the end she was like "i guess im my father's daughter after all"???

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Ends in sex.

Bamfsniktbamf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture:

Ok..i dont get your point you trying to make.. Eventually we all grow up to see ourselves more or less becoming all the things we dislike (or worse) about our parents, so whats the big deal with her admitting that? See came to terms with it much faster that she was supposed to, but its the natural way of life..

Come to think of it, Frost-daddy was the perfect father figure for the Emma we now know, arrogant and manipulative, but without her sence of humor, which is i guess her addition to the frost gene pool

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its a tie will this poll ever end ?????

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

47% + 47% = 94% with 6% missing?. Hopefully this will stay as the emma vs jean official flame war thread

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somacula said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

47% + 47% = 94% with 6% missing?. Hopefully this will stay as the emma vs jean official flame war thread

Totally

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Jay_Alam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Jay_Alam

Despite that I like them both, I'm with Jean in this one.

morrigan_2575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love Emma, never liked Jean.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@time lol emma burn

No Caption Provided

this pic is pretty cool

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_alam said:

Despite that I like them both, I'm with Jean in this one.

:)

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I loved that story, Storm told Emma to insult her until the sun goes down and the first thing that came out of Emma's mouth was "shut up and drink your god damn tea woman" I giggled XD

PurePleazure4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Emma Frost more than Jean. Even though, I like Jean as well, but not more than Emma.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.