Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Emma Frost and Cyclops reading recommendations?

Avatar image for cyclopsofthex-men
    CyclopsOfTheX-Men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi, I want to get into the X-Men comics and I was wondering which series feature Emma and/or Scott? I saw that there was an Emma Frost series some years ago and there's the Ultimate Collection which collects it, and Cyclops now has a solo title.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cyclopsofthex-men: Astonishing X-Men by a Joss Wheadon is pretty good, and has some great Scott and Emma moments...

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DaymarePrime

Rise of the Phalanx TPB (Now called the Origin of Generation X..I think), gives a good voice to Emma and how much she can care for the next generation. There is also a run in Uncanny/X-men from the 90's where she is inside Bobby's body and you realize how Alpha she really is when her powers were working. It was also the start of Bobby really getting an increase with his powers.

Cyclops has had many great stories (and some major boogers). I think the end-song of the Original X-factor (before Havok's team) is a good arc.

The New X-men (Morrison) is the catalyst that set them together as a couple. There were reasons behind the move, but if you enjoy them and want to see go through the motions of starting an affair while Morrison wrecks Cyclops' marriage to elevate Emma, this is the place to go (that is not a statement meant to antagonize either. He admitted it and it is obvious when rereading now. I am a huge fan of both Cyclops and Emma...actually never so much of Jean).

Whedon had a good handle on the banter but there seemed to be an excessive amount of formication and making out for it to be so fresh for a grieving widower and the rebound.

I think they are stronger apart than together.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

x-men divided we stand, messiah complex and avx

amoretpax199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dark X-Men: The Confession.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.