Don't all hate me....

#1 Posted by MitMan (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been away from the X-Titles for ages but everytime I look there seems to be more and more titles to pick from. I thought after M-day the number of comics might die does a bit.

Don;t get me wrong I LOVE Marvel's Merry Mutants it's just that... well... there's just too many titles about them now.

If they shunk it down to just say 4 titles again the number os storylines they could use would growm. Some times it looks like they are tracking over old ground. They dug up Rev Stryker again.

Just have Uncanny X-men, X-men, X-factor, Wolverine. Maybe have a comic that handels mutants not in the teams in little mini stories like SPOTLIGHT did with the Avengers.

What does anyone else think?

#2 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry mate, you've forgotten an essential one in your list: Astonishing Xmen. It's by the all time great Joss Whedon so it's gotta be on the must have list. Other than that, I don't read Xmen. The whole house of M killed it for me. I'm more of a DC girl really.

#3 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is no one trying to find the Scarlett Witch? Make her reverse the House of M.

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

Billy and Tommy are but they got sidetracked in the whole Civil War thing, I think

#5 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, that is, Speed and Wiccan from Young Avengers. They're sort of my only other Marvel diversion. I dabble a bit in that but only when I get bored of Supergirl's new artist who is driving me INSANE! Ahem, sorry, totally off topic

#6 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

One more post and your at 100, nice job triple digits.

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

And here it is! Post 100! Okay, sorry mate, I'm messing up your thread. But no, I definitely think Astonishing is the only decent Xmen title at the moment

#8 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course its got Emma Frost in it.

Moderator Online
#9 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

And Kitty! and Peter! I love those two. Also Joss does the interaction between them all to perfection. I love the first issue with Wolverine complaining about the tights in the uniform!

#10 Posted by G-Man (30642 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Why is no one trying to find the Scarlett Witch? Make her reverse the House of M."

Hawkeye did find her in New Avengers #26. She has no recollection of her past life.

Staff
#11 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she's too bananas to redo it or reverse it. I agree, by the way-the only one I read is Astonishing X-Men and maaaaaaybe an X-Men or an X-Factor every once in a while.

#12 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

I have one really old X-men but that's the only one I've read and the only reason I have it is because the cover is a really fabby picture of Magneto looking all masterful and such. It was quite good but I really do prefer the way DC do their comics, I find them easier to read, if that makes sense.

#13 Posted by MitMan (21 posts) - - Show Bio

What I was meaning was that there should be two main teams, X-factor to keep their investigation company going. And keep the bad guy out of the teamd. Mystique and Sabretooth belong as bad guys.

Does anyone else miss the old blue and gold teams?

That was the kind of title split I was trying to find out if anyone wanted.

#14 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant stand X-Factor, I liked it better when Havok was running the team. But I agree, when you have to many X-titles you end up with another Shi'ar story, and another freak'in Summers, really there everywhere.

Moderator Online
#15 Posted by Liverwurst (881 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I cant stand X-Factor, I liked it better when Havok was running the team. But I agree, when you have to many X-titles you end up with another Shi'ar story, and another freak'in Summers, really there everywhere."

since you like Gambit so much you should know he was originally intended to be a Summers sibling

#16 Posted by G-Man (30642 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget X-Treme. He was supposed to be a Summers too.

Staff
#17 Posted by Shatterstar (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the worst for the x-titles was around 97-98 where nearly every individual character had their own mini-series, one-shot, series, crossover books, in addition to the half dozen on-going series. A mini-series can be great if it actually does something to flesh out the character or has a compelling story but most at that time looked like an excuse to make a quick buck by Marvel, no creativity involved and the pointless retcons were flying.

#18 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

That's all we need. Another stinking Summers brother. Please kill Cyclops first at least.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.