Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

DOFP To Right The Wrong Of Last Stand

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Reeebooooot. :P

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

From that article, it doesnt sound like they are fixing any of the actual issues. For one thing, focus needs to be taken off of Wolverine. Really, Fox missed a HUGE opportunity to reboot with First Class, which was superior to every other X-Men film.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

The article doesn't really say that the events of DoFP will undo what was in Last Stand, only that it has to do a better job of telling an equally classic story; there's no reason to assume that means it's a reboot.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: @deaditegonzo: Obviously it's a reboot considering Apocalypse takes place in the 80s and nobody mentioned any end-of-the-world scenarios in the present day movies.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: @deaditegonzo: Obviously it's a reboot considering Apocalypse takes place in the 80s and nobody mentioned any end-of-the-world scenarios in the present day movies.

I'm not saying that it won't be a reboot, I'm saying that there's nothing in that article to support that claim.

Hotshotters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doesn't reboot usually mean all new actors and usually a new origin story? such as, the spider-man reboot, the superman reboot, the batman treboot, punisher, etc.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doesn't reboot usually mean all new actors and usually a new origin story? such as, the spider-man reboot, the superman reboot, the batman treboot, punisher, etc.

Generally. I mean, the origin stories are rarely changed much, but other wise yeah.

I can't think of any examples of when that wasn't the case.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont think its actually a reboot, I think it is a hastily stitched together, inconsistent universe. I imagine a most of the plot from X1-3, and possibly even the 2 Wolverine films will be in some way "referenced".

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldnightcrawler

I dont think its actually a reboot, I think it is a hastily stitched together, inconsistent universe. I imagine a most of the plot from X1-3, and possibly even the 2 Wolverine films will be in some way "referenced".

sounds like the universe I live in.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

that's still a reboot

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

that's still a reboot

No a reboot would erase or redo current continuity. This movie is universe building.

A reboot is like Amazing Spider-man vs Raimi Spider-man.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

that's still a reboot

No a reboot would erase or redo current continuity. This movie is universe building.

So how exactly is completely changing the timelines so the future doesn't happen and instead Apocalypse appears NOT a reboot?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Because the future thats being changed, at least according to the sources we currently have, isnt one from the movies anyway. From whats been said in interviews and what not, the films (Xmen 1, Xmen 2, Xmen 3, etc) are notbeing erased. The future where its an all new Xmen team featuring Kitty and Sunspot and Bishop, etc is the future that is being erased. Not the events of Last Stand or X-2 or The Wolverine. I definitely thought they would AT LEAST erase some deaths (like Cyclops), but from what Singer said, he didnt have time in this movie to do that.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

that's still a reboot

So how exactly is completely changing the timelines so the future doesn't happen and instead Apocalypse appears NOT a reboot?

people generally have a different meaning of reboot when it comes to movies and comics. the reboots don't acknowledge previous films at all. first class did that, but then they tied them all together, they are all connected and because of that so is the Apocalypse story, even if history rewrote itself it was because of something done by the previous movies that are all connected to each other. Amazing spider man and spiderman 1 2 3 are not connected in any way what so ever, and that in most cases is what people consider a reboot, same goes for the batman films.

I am not saying you are wrong but it's clear that the term reboot has different meaning to different people on here

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Well clearly that's not true since Age of Apocalypse is being set in the 80s and that never happened in the original time line

@w0nd said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

that's still a reboot

people generally have a different meaning of reboot when it comes to movies and comics. the reboots don't acknowledge previous films at all. first class did that, but then they tied them all together, they are all connected and because of that so is the Apocalypse story, even if history rewrote itself it was because of something done by the previous movies that are all connected to each other. Amazing spider man and spiderman 1 2 3 are not connected in any way what so ever, and that in most cases is what people consider a reboot, same goes for the batman films.

I am not saying you are wrong but it's clear that the term reboot has different meaning to different people on here

First Class referenced Wolverine so there's a connection. Also people still call the New 52 a reboot even tho Batman, the Flash, the Legion and the Trinity of Sin all remember the pre-Flashpoint stuff and have referenced it.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Well clearly that's not true since Age of Apocalypse is being set in the 80s and that never happened in the original time line

@w0nd said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

that's still a reboot

First Class referenced Wolverine so there's a connection. Also people still call the New 52 a reboot even tho Batman, the Flash, the Legion and the Trinity of Sin all remember the pre-Flashpoint stuff and have referenced it.

i figured the first class was going to be a reboot but they went ahead and connected them so yes you are right about that. that's why i don't consider it a reboot

And I don't consider new 52 a reboot because the majority of batmans history remained the same, as well as GL's DC screwed themselves with that, the times and math didn't add up, so he had each robin for a shorter period of time and some of them were aged.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

The comic book equivalent of a reboot would be like Ultimate Spider-Man, or something, which is the same as the difference between Raimi's Spider-man and the Amazing Spider-man, really.

Star Trek (2009) would be another example of a reboot; even though it does acknowledge the old franchise as a parallel universe, it restarts the story at the beginning in such a way that it can't be part of the same story.

I had thought that might be what they were doing with this one, and in a way it still could be if the future they prevent is the one that the original trilogy exists in, but that would actually make First Class the reboot and not this one.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

It would be interesting to see if Days of Future Past will reboot the X-Men movie universe or just be built upon from the original trilogy. I'm still a little confused about what direction they want to take the X-Men franchise. I know that the First Class cast will be the ones who will appear in the Apocalypse movie, so I guess this is FOX's way of trying to make the X-Men film franchise be more consistent than it was before.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I hope they do something about X3. The story was not good and certainly didnt live up to X1 and X2. I agree with a previous statement that they can take some of the focus off of Wolverine too and just make a good movie. A reboot is fine with me and a complete new cast is as well. (been playing around with recasting in my spare time lol). I dont really understand what type of universe Fox is trying to put together either though. In fact in addition to whatever they are doing with the Xmen, I still dont understand why they are rebooting Fantastic Four. Its not as if there is a huge demand for it and I think even the comic was down at like 75-80 out of 100 in the rankings. I just dont see it honestly. I guess its no different from Marvel with GOTG which is also baffling to me and something I dont think I'll be spending money to see

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm so done with xmens timeline

Avatar image for cyclops_was_right
    CYCLOPS_WAS_RIGHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we just have cyclops back??

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.