Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

DOFP Movie causing reboot in X-Men universe?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I was wondering about something. I heard this rumor that the Days of Future Past movie will cause a reboot in the X-Men comics or something to that degree. Is this true or did they meant that it was going to cause a reboot in the movie universe, which I think is more plausible.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

doubt it will effect the comics. professor x will probably come back to life or something though

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@kriminal said:

doubt it will effect the comics. professor x will probably come back to life or something though

Yeah it's not gonna reboot the comics. I disagree with Professor X though. Thick his death is going to be one of the few that sticks for a longgggg time. They weren't doing anything with him for a while and nobody really seemed to care.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@kriminal said:

Alright, I was just curious since I can't see the movies really affecting the comics at all, unless it could make them lots of money.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I thought about this too, although it's implied X-force & Apocalypse will be the be the next movie... So Maybe it's both? A reboot, yet only certain characters are rebooted?? Think like the animated series when they played with time travel. Storm and Wolverine lost their memories, but Shard and Bishop kept theirs.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lykopis

The only thing the movies managed to do was make Wolverine taller.

Besides that they better leave the comics alone. Bad enough we are having the Avengers infiltrate the X-Men and look like the good guys. (no offence to Avengers fans, just my opinion).

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I don't think that DOFP will change the X-Men comic books.It may alter the movie timeline or just reboot something.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CTG

You guys are putting way too much thought into this.

DOFP will affect X-Men movies going forward. That's it.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By oldnightcrawler

Yeah it's not gonna reboot the comics. I disagree with Professor X though. Thick his death is going to be one of the few that sticks for a longgggg time. They weren't doing anything with him for a while and nobody really seemed to care.

yeah, I like Xavier, he's one of my favorites, but unless he's one of the main characters in a story (like he is in the movies), his presence doesn't really add that much to what I like about the X-men. I actually miss his presence on the Illuminati more than the X-men, though I'm liking Beast in that role too, so.. yeah. He's actually effected the story more with his death than he did with the last 10 years of him being alive.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I actually hope that DOFP reboots the movie franchise. This way following movies can try and get it right.

Avatar image for ultimatejonathan
    UltimateJonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More of the film franchise than the comics.

Jeanniebird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kriminal said:

I hope so. Let's not forget he was shot in the head in Messiah Complex as well and he didn't stay dead for long. But I really hope you are right and he will be dead for good this time. Don't get me wrong, I like Xavier, but I don't think he adds that much to the comics if he is alive than when he's dead.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kriminal
    @peppeyhare said:
    @kriminal said:

I hope so. Let's not forget he was shot in the head in Messiah Complex as well and he didn't stay dead for long. But I really hope you are right and he will be dead for good this time. Don't get me wrong, I like Xavier, but I don't think he adds that much to the comics if he is alive than when he's dead.

he can always come from the past to get his original x men back. I like where the x books are now but always a chance

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14  Edited By McKlayn

@kriminal said:
    @jeanniebird said:
    @peppeyhare said:
    @kriminal said:

he can always come from the past to get his original x men back. I like where the x books are now but always a chance

Yea i dont think he was ever planned to be DEAD in messiah complex, just make readers think OH FUCK they do that alot, this time hes dead and i am pretty sure (and hoping) he will be that way for well i wouldnt mind forever but thats silly thinking, but at least the better part of a decade

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.