Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Does Quicksilver earth 1610 have a slower reaction speed?

Dark_Conflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I would think that they would be pretty much the same, but in one of the first Ultimate X-Men Comics, # 3 I believe, he gets his trash kicked by Cyclops, filled almost immediately by a blow from Wolverine. The Quicksilver I know would be able to avoid both attacks fairly easily, which makes me think he must either be less in control of his power, or just slower. I haven't read all of the Ultimate comics, but if believe there are several other times something like this happens. This makes me think that characters capable of surprising him could easily take him out, such as Nightcrawler. Thoughts?

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I would think that they would be pretty much the same, but in one of the first Ultimate X-Men Comics, # 3 I believe, he gets his trash kicked by Cyclops, filled almost immediately by a blow from Wolverine. The Quicksilver I know would be able to avoid both attacks fairly easily, which makes me think he must either be less in control of his power, or just slower. I haven't read all of the Ultimate comics, but if believe there are several other times something like this happens. This makes me think that characters capable of surprising him could easily take him out, such as Nightcrawler. Thoughts?

well, any character can be taken out by a surprise attack, QS should just be harder to surprise..

but I don't think he's meant to be slower. In later comics like The Ultimates and Ultimatum, he's essentially invisible whenever he's using his powers, to the point that characters don't even realize he's there. Which actually makes him seem faster than he's generally portrayed in the 616 comics.

Dark_Conflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Thanks, that really clears it up. I'm still fairly new to most X-Men series, but I loved the original Uncanny X-Men.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@dark_conflux: More then Likely beating a dead horse but im also fairly certain cyclops has nailed QS with optic blast several times in 616, i dont have any scans off hand to back it up but yea i know its happened lol. So i dont think thats much of a downgrade from his traditional depiction

Dark_Conflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dark_Conflux
    @mcklayn said:

@dark_conflux: More then Likely beating a dead horse but im also fairly certain cyclops has nailed QS with optic blast several times in 616, i dont have any scans off hand to back it up but yea i know its happened lol. So i dont think thats much of a downgrade from his traditional depiction

No Caption Provided

Thanks for the response. After looking, I found a time that cyclops hit Quicksilver, but it says here that it was a lucky shot.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Ultimate QS is actually more impressive than the regular.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.