Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

does colosus still have the cytorax?

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

do you think he is more powerful than hulk with his cytorax powers?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

current status: No, colossus lost that when he gained phoneix powers and then he lost those too and now is powers are kinda broken but not in any practical sense, more of a "can't totally go human" sense. He's also now nailing domino.

compartive strength: Hulk is strongest there is.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By adamTRMM

@fodigg said:

Thanos disagrees from there.

It is a damn missed opportunity Jugerlossus vs. Hulk... I mean the real hulk.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I wish Colossus would get those powers back. There was so much that could have been done with that

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

current status: No, colossus lost that when he gained phoneix powers and then he lost those too and now is powers are kinda broken but not in any practical sense, more of a "can't totally go human" sense. He's also now nailing domino.

Actually, he retained those powers when he had the Phoenix powers as well and retained the Juggernaut abilities after he lost the Phoenix force. He lost the...curse of Cytorak when his sister broke the bonds by taking him to Limbo and using her soulsword on him. Which shows that she could have freed him at any time and turns it into one of the worst things Magik has ever done to Colossus.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@numi said:

@fodigg said:

Actually, he retained those powers when he had the Phoenix powers as well and retained the Juggernaut abilities after he lost the Phoenix force. He lost the...curse of Cytorak when his sister broke the bonds by taking him to Limbo and using her soulsword on him. Which shows that she could have freed him at any time and turns it into one of the worst things Magik has ever done to Colossus.

Oh yeah, I remember they tried to get Cyttorak to give him the boot when the phoenix showed because that's what went down with the serpent but he was like "lol, continuity?" and then that happened.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never completely understood that... was she just trying to teach him a lesson, that she can fend for herself and that she is powerful in her own right and not in need of his babying her and protection? or was she just being evil and crazy?

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the idea was to show him what its like to be "damned" to have a supposedly tainted soul.

Peter was always looking out for her and trying to understand her. So she allowed him to accept and keep Cyttoraks power. in Uncanny when we see the two interact after losing the phoenix force, Collosus realizes that no matter what he tries to do with his power, it turns out bad, that he was a monster who did not deserve to live.

That's when Illyana freed him. Because he finally got his wish to understand her.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I had completely forgotten Collosus was Juggernaut for like 5 minutes. Where's Cain Marko anyway?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordmordor: Thanks. So i guess him wanting to kill her was jist his reaction to such a harsh lesson?

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LordMordor

Yeah, her goal was to show Peter that she was beyond saving, the little sister he remembered died in hell, and that he should not throw his life and soul away trying to bring her back. Once he understood, she freed him.

Though she does regret having to do it and does miss her brother.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the idea was to show him what its like to be "damned" to have a supposedly tainted soul.

Peter was always looking out for her and trying to understand her. So she allowed him to accept and keep Cyttoraks power. in Uncanny when we see the two interact after losing the phoenix force, Collosus realizes that no matter what he tries to do with his power, it turns out bad, that he was a monster who did not deserve to live.

That's when Illyana freed him. Because he finally got his wish to understand her.

Also Peter did say if he ever saw illyana again he would kill her. Then she told scott if peter find out that he killed the prof.x then peter would kill scott but i think she just said that because Scott wanted to find peter and help him. She scared scott into dropping finding peter

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

Yeah, her goal was to show Peter that she was beyond saving, the little sister he remembered died in hell, and that he should not throw his life and soul away trying to bring her back. Once he understood, she freed him.

Though she does regret having to do it and does miss her brother.

I'm interested in seeing how their next meeting is going to be handled. I can't imagine they can avoid it for too long.

Will Illyana ever tell Kitty exactly what she did to her brother? She points to it a bit in All New X-Men 18 but we can see that Kitty's still pretty much clueless, whereas it's eating away at Magik. If Piotr did show up in All New or Uncanny X-Men... it'll make for some fireworks, that's for sure.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea. This is what is making it hard for m to jump onboard with some people's line of thinking that Colossus will join Uncanny when the Xforce crossover is done. His reaction to Cyclops and Magik is a mystery to me

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Yea. This is what is making it hard for m to jump onboard with some people's line of thinking that Colossus will join Uncanny when the Xforce crossover is done. His reaction to Cyclops and Magik is a mystery to me

I always thought he would join uncanny but then he joined x-force which makes no sense to me.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish we'd get an arc with him where he makes a deal with Cytorak again in order to save someone's life, maybe Kitty's or Domino's and ends up keeping that power while constantly fighting the influence

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I wish we'd get an arc with him where he makes a deal with Cytorak again in order to save someone's life, maybe Kitty's or Domino's and ends up keeping that power while constantly fighting the influence

that's basically backtracking to exactly the position he was in prior to AvX. Ever since he got the Juggernaut power in fear itself he had been struggling with its influence. Better to move him onto something else imo

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HAWK2916

That wasnt explored enough imo. We barely got much of it and now we need to just move on to something else?! Something like what? Imo that was one of the most interesting things that was done with the character since forever. I actually think going back to it especially with him knowing the situatiin from before could be very profound and really add even more depth to the character. He basically would get to be the new Jean Grey

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By westy206

Keep it away from him. I like Collosus and I like the X-Men but I don't like them so powerful it's almost bullying if they beat someone up. Heroes don't need to keep getting power upgrades, it does my head in that Thing and Collosus are now apparently 100tonners or the Spiderman is at the 25t stage as when I use to read his comics every villain could more or less hold his own like Kingpin for example. Stupid power upgrades will be the death of marvel.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Nah. That thing...or w.e it is, was poison for the character. Lost his iconic hair and lost his personality just so he could fit in Marvel's 'edgey' clique. He benefited nothing and as it's been removed, he's doing much better in life.

Gillen really wasted his time with that, just like the rest of his Uncanny run.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Gillen's xtinction team idea was pretty interesting in and of itself. Im not sure he was really given time to hit his stride prior to being sucked into the AVX story

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@hawk2916 said:

I thought Gillen's xtinction team idea was pretty interesting in and of itself. Im not sure he was really given time to hit his stride prior to being sucked into the AVX story

Interesting idea, poor execution. Through and through.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.