Does anyone else miss Namor and/or Utopia?

#1 Edited by Rebelpunk13 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Never really cared for Namor until he joined the X-men. He was a perfect fit on the team. That dude was a total badass. While Utopia was pretty awesome in its own right. Damn you Avengers...damn you

#2 Edited by McKlayn (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

Utopia? Not particularity

Namor? Hell Yea i do! I bought New Avengers or what ever just for him and its not doing it for me lmao, i want him back in the X camp

#3 Edited by oldnightcrawler (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

having a decent reason to have Namor on the X-men is probably one of the only things I miss about Utopia.

but, now he's on New Avengers (the Illuminati team), which is kind of cooler.

#4 Posted by Rebelpunk13 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I found the new Avengers pretty weak also

#5 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4154 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Utopia but i dont miss namor. Still dont believe the namor/emma thing. Tried to make it into a love triangle but it was just too riddiculous.

#6 Posted by HumanRocket (9361 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want to see if what Black Panther told Namor will come true after Infinity is over and see if he keeps his promise.

#7 Edited by RaggedScarecrow (946 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Utopia but i dont miss namor. Still dont believe the namor/emma thing. Tried to make it into a love triangle but it was just too riddiculous.

Especially considering she lied to him about killing Sebastian Shaw and then he turned up alive on Utopia like a month later.

#8 Posted by Dernman (15763 posts) - - Show Bio

No I didn't like the idea.

#9 Posted by longbowhunter (7722 posts) - - Show Bio

I quite liked Utopia. If I'd been Scott I would have made the same call. "You don't want us around? Fine, we'll be over here out of the way. Don't bother us". I also liked Namor as an X-Man. He really made Magneto look like stable one of the group by comparison.

#10 Posted by Jake Fury (19211 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked Namor as a member of the team. Utopia wasn't a bad idea but never really panned out.

#11 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss both of them.

#12 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4154 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked Namor as a member of the team. Utopia wasn't a bad idea but never really panned out.

Yeah just like how Genosha never worked out :/

#13 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4154 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss both of them.

You liked the namor/emma pairing???

#14 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12592 posts) - - Show Bio

@jake_fury said:

Stop. Genosha STILL hurts.

#15 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@gonnarain said:

I miss both of them.

Oh hell no. I liked their interactions, sure, and Namor was funny as hell when he tried to flirt with Emma, like when she asked him to hold her mutilated arm during Regenesis. But in no way do I like them romantically involved. Flirting, ok, but that's about it.

But I do like Namor as a character, and so I miss him along with Utopia.

#16 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4154 posts) - - Show Bio

@jake_fury said:

Stop. Genosha STILL hurts.

Yet no one brings it up :/

except emma tho but that was a long time ago

#17 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4154 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonnarain said:

I miss both of them.

Oh hell no. I liked their interactions, sure, and Namor was funny as hell when he tried to flirt with Emma, like when she asked him to hold her mutilated arm during Regenesis. But in no way do I like them romantically involved. Flirting, ok, but that's about it.

But I do like Namor as a character, and so I miss him along with Utopia.

I still think emma should find a better person to flirt with then namor. I wonder what bendis would do maybe emma and magneto, they were both in the hellfire club and magneto worked with her way back when she was a baddie.

#18 Posted by Spideysense44 (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want to see if what Black Panther told Namor will come true after Infinity is over and see if he keeps his promise.

This... i really hope he goes through with it

#19 Edited by Emequious_Swerve (1273 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck no. None of it made any sense and Namor is lame. Back to the sea with you, fishman.

#20 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4154 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket said:

what was it?

#21 Posted by Spideysense44 (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideysense44 said:

@humanrocket said:

what was it?

To kill Namor

#22 Edited by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I quite liked that era of the X-Men, starting all the way back from Messiah Complex. The idea of Scott leading (basically) the entire mutant race was cool. He went from a superhero team leader to a general.

#24 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

I quite liked that era of the X-Men, starting all the way back from Messiah Complex. The idea of Scott leading (basically) the entire mutant race was cool. He went from a superhero team leader to a general.

Same. I liked Cyclops leading the entire mutant race

#25 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (946 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

It was definitely fun to read a mutant nation. Such a shame they completely dropped it and all the characters. I miss Mayor Sinclair and how completely out of her depth she was in the spandex business. I wonder if we'll ever see anymore of the Breakworlders living in San Fran or if that'll be forgotten about. I was hoping the Utopian age would last longer but once Schism happened I knew it was only a matter of time.

#26 Posted by McKlayn (1120 posts) - - Show Bio
@batmannflash said:

@veshark said:

It was definitely fun to read a mutant nation. Such a shame they completely dropped it and all the characters. I miss Mayor Sinclair and how completely out of her depth she was in the spandex business. I wonder if we'll ever see anymore of the Breakworlders living in San Fran or if that'll be forgotten about. I was hoping the Utopian age would last longer but once Schism happened I knew it was only a matter of time.

i thought i was the only one who liked this lol but yea i enjoyed that run

#27 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (16464 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#28 Edited by gor724 (839 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor was badass. He would bang your wife, video tape it, and show you just to see your reaction.

#29 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4154 posts) - - Show Bio

@gor724 said:

Namor was badass. He would bang your wife, video tape it, and show you just to see your reaction.

lol wasnt namor suppose to go after storm and anger black panther even more?????

#30 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

I never liked Namor or Utopia... the idea of Utopia was cool for a team of maybe 10 or 12 but not for the entire mutant race. The x-Men belong in their mansion!! As for Namor, the guy is exceeding annoying and is too superficial for my taste.

#31 Edited by SupremeHyperion (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is best off on his own where he can piss off everyone equally... although he fits in pretty well with the X-men and avengers, swimming solo is where he excells.

#32 Posted by mechem_93 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

No and Hell No!

#33 Posted by poisonfleur (3136 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope and NOPE

I still don't count him as a mutant

#34 Posted by BrokenSpear (189 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my favorite scenes of Namor.

#35 Posted by phisigmatau (556 posts) - - Show Bio

utopia was a pretty cool idea. i like it.

#36 Edited by adamTRMM (2096 posts) - - Show Bio

Bringing Namor to be an X-man was a good idea, he was the first known mutant, but has never expressed an interest in human/mutant affairs because of, well nothing 'surface' ever intersts him as long as it has nothing to do with his home and his people, and he doesn't consider his 'brothets of the atom' as his people. So Fraction handled this all pretty good, the way they brought Atlantis to Utopia as well and made this partnership mutually beneficial as they opposed Osborne. Utopia was one of the really few things (maybe even the only) that were good about Fraction's run.

#37 Posted by desmond006 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss both, namor is one of my favorites when written well.

#38 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor was one of the worst additions to the X-Men if not the worst. Didn't serve much other than to provide yet another cliche love-triangle with Frost and Scott (though that Nation X issue where Storm scolded him was nice). He's gone now and nobody seems to care all that much. Time to move on.

#39 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

And the concept of Utopia was handled better by Wood in Ultimate Comics X-Men. It reached its potential as a formidable sovereign nation free from dependence and diplomatic irrelevancy. Fraction's run was Scott, Emma, Wolverine and the wallpaper x-men while Gillen's run was kind of a snooze-fest.

#40 Posted by DEGRAAF (7913 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah i liked Namor on the X-Men. I never liked him before that. Also i though Utopia was a great idea (except for the piling all your eggs in one basket thing for people to attack you)

#41 Edited by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't miss Namor but I did like Utopia as a fortress against the world as a safe haven for mutants. I thought it was cast asside too easily in AvX.

#42 Edited by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss both immensely

#43 Edited by God_Spawn (38320 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

Moderator Online
#44 Posted by MaccyD (5111 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Namor as separate rather than as a member of the x-men. I dislike the way Marvel try to shoehorn everyone into either being X-men/Avengers...

#45 Posted by TDK_1997 (15081 posts) - - Show Bio

I can never miss Namor and I never will but Utopia was an interesting idea so I miss that at least.

#46 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

I never really cared for the Utopia idea and as for Namor, I can't really say since I barely read any stories with him in it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.