Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Do you think X-Men will get better or worse.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

With the changes coming to X-Men comics, do you think X-Men will get better or worse ? I know, a strange question too ask and it's too early to ask this question. Let's look at the teams and titles coming up.

1) Cable and the X-Force, this is one of the titles I'm looking forward to. Cable is reunited with Domino and leading a X-Force team again, which is how it should be. It looks they be hunted, you know on the run from something or someone.

2) Psylocke and her Uncanny X-Force. So Psylocke will be leading a team of killers and looks like Storm will be a member of this team. Which makes no sense at all. They will encounter Bishop too.

3) All new X-Men - with the past X-Men returning and it looks likes they will be going to the Jean Grey institute.

4) Wolverine and the X-Men- will be the title still going, although we are unsure, who will be leading the X-Men after Cyclops, will it be Wolverine or Storm or someone esle.

5) Cyclops future is pretty uncertain, it looks like he be leading his own team, away from the X-Men. Will have to wait and see .

6) Uncanny Avengers - Rogue, Cannonball and Havok will be joining the Avengers and looks like the Avengers will be trying to make things better for the Mutant race.

7) Then we have Wolverine title and Gambit title etc.

What do you guys think, will X-Men comics get better or worse, with these changes and do you think your be more interested in the X-Men comics with these changes?

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not sure about the directions of these new books, but just the fact that they are going to back to smaller set teams is a huge improvement. So many characters have been lost in the background for so long it will be nice to see a storyline not revolve around Cyclops / Emma / Wolverine.

After reading AvX and it's leadup, can it really get worse?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

As long as they try to focus on the characters' developments and not do too many events in the future, I think this might be good, although I don't like the idea that this is started up because of AvX.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Brazen_Intellect:

Pretty much this. And I admit a lot of the stories have been too Cyclops/Emma/Wolverine involved.

My perspective on the issues.

I am really looking forward to Cable and the X-Force.

December solicits for All New X-Men have me excited for the book. (Wicked Cyclops covers if you haven't seen them yet.)

Uncanny X-Force. I still need to catch up on Remender's run. So basically issue 13 and up which is a lot. I'll possibly give the new book a try since I like Psylocke but I am completely unsold on the rest of the roster so far. I have little interest in Spiral and Puck and I can't stand the idea of Storm on X-Force. They will need a really good reason for Storm to be on the roster otherwise I only see her being a nag and a hypocrite.

WATXM I'll probably still check out.

Uncanny Avengers, I'm not really sold on the premise anymore. It's like they are just sub grouping the X-Men into the Avengers. There really won't be any X-Men anymore, just Avengers.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @god_spawn said:

@Brazen_Intellect:

Pretty much this. And I admit a lot of the stories have been too Cyclops/Emma/Wolverine involved.

My perspective on the issues.

I am really looking forward to Cable and the X-Force.

December solicits for All New X-Men have me excited for the book. (Wicked Cyclops covers if you haven't seen them yet.)

Uncanny X-Force. I still need to catch up on Remender's run. So basically issue 13 and up which is a lot. I'll possibly give the new book a try since I like Psylocke but I am completely unsold on the rest of the roster so far. I have little interest in Spiral and Puck and I can't stand the idea of Storm on X-Force. They will need a really good reason for Storm to be on the roster otherwise I only see her being a nag and a hypocrite.

WATXM I'll probably still check out.

Uncanny Avengers, I'm not really sold on the premise anymore. It's like they are just sub grouping the X-Men into the Avengers. There really won't be any X-Men anymore, just Avengers.

This is probably the big thing that I am worried about.  What happens if all the X-Men members join the Avengers?  Will there be anymore X-Men left?  I don't think that Marvel would let something like that happen, but it's still a possibility.
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Rabbitearsblog: They can still call themselves X-Men maybe when by themselves, but is that enough if they do though? Which is my point. They are bridging a gap but under the title of Avenger.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hareil0079

@time said:

With the changes coming to X-Men comics, do you think X-Men will get better or worse ? I know, a strange question too ask and it's too early to ask this question. Let's look at the teams and titles coming up.

1) Cable and the X-Force, this is one of the titles I'm looking forward to. Cable is reunited with Domino and leading a X-Force team again, which is how it should be. It looks they be hunted, you know on the run from something or someone.

I'm looking forward to this!!

2) Psylocke and her Uncanny X-Force. So Psylocke will be leading a team of killers and looks like Storm will be a member of this team. Which makes no sense at all. They will encounter Bishop too.

People seem to forget the violent acts storm committed over the years with out a second thought, ripping out Marrow's heart was one of them and I doubt back then that her and even marrow knew she had 2 hearts. So with that said, I think it'll be an interesting dynamic and see what darker aspects will be exposed from Storm

3) All new X-Men - with the past X-Men returning and it looks likes they will be going to the Jean Grey institute.

I'm actually pretty excited about this.

4) Wolverine and the X-Men- will be the title still going, although we are unsure, who will be leading the X-Men after Cyclops, will it be Wolverine or Storm or someone esle.

Meh, I've been keeping up with it and I'm still be going to.

5) Cyclops future is pretty uncertain, it looks like he be leading his own team, away from the X-Men. Will have to wait and see .

I pretty much seeing him trying to survive in a world where he and emma are now public enemies number 1, I'm calling it now like I did on CBR:Forums... "Dark X-Men" 2013!!! I think Cyke will get a wake up call from Teen Jean and his younger self, go on a sabbatical and come back making a team and it'll be all about redemption, despite what fans want, it's more like what marvel is most likely going to do.

6) Uncanny Avengers - Rogue, Cannonball and Havok will be joining the Avengers and looks like the Avengers will be trying to make things better for the Mutant race.

I'm playing the "wait and see" game with this one.

7) Then we have Wolverine title and Gambit title etc.

Never cared for either.

What do you guys think, will X-Men comics get better or worse, with these changes and do you think your be more interested in the X-Men comics with these changes?

I have high hopes, since AvX is shifting the status quo away from Cyke's PoV I wonder in this new era who'll be the leader and who's PoV we will see. Perhaps Teen Jean or Logan? Don't know but I'm interested. So i'm rather in differently to if things are "worse" or "better" I'll say this much.. that the new focus of X-Men Legacy seems interesting as hell.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By PowerHerc

Worse, as usual.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By theTimeStreamer

the only book i care about is wolverine and the x-men. the rest can flock off.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10  Edited By lorex

1) Cable and the X-Force: Cable is one of my favorite characters so I will be interested to see what happens with him now that the techno organic virus is removed from his body. I am hopeful his powers are intact and not diminished like X-Man's were when he bacame part of New Mutants. Also looking to see Domino in regular action again.

2) Psylocke and her Uncanny X-Force: This book have been very good throughout the entire Remender run so I am sad to see him leave the title. I am hopeful that the new team will be good and am willinig to give it a chance. I do wonder about Storm being on a team labeled killers and it it seems they needed a place to put Storm and now that Wolverine is not on the team then need another big name character.

3) All new X-Men: I am still dubious that this concept can work in the long term because at some point they have to go back to the past. I am willing to give it a shot.

4) Wolverine and the X-Men: I was actually enjoying this title before it was derailed by AvX. I hope it can get back to good self contained storied and actually give some time to the students not just the teachers.

5) Cyclops: Well I think Marvel is testing the waters with making Cyclops a villian in AvX but I do not know if they are going to build him back up like Captain America and Iron Man of completely tear him down and make him a full time villian.

6) Uncanny Avengers - More X-Men in the Avengers. I see this book as an Avengers book with the work Uncanny in front of it. This is billed as a combined book bringing the Avengers and the X-Men together but I am still not clear asside from some X-Men being on the team what part the of the book will be influenced by the X-Men. I think Marvel is just using this as an execise to pit the Avengers against X-Men villians, thus stealing more X-Men history to prop un the Avengers.

7) Solo books: Wolverine has has been pretty good and so far Gambit has been really good, I have high hopes for it. 

8) X-Men Legacy: I know some people are critical of this premise but I for one am looking for ward to this book. Legion is among the top tem most powerful (mortal it least) characters in the Marvel universe. Of course the down side is the very real multiple personalities he has to deal with. I hope this book will be interesting.

As for how do I feel about the X-Men going forward. I still do not like the fact that there is a clear editorial push with Schism and later AvX to remove Cyclops as leader of the X-Men and replace him with what looks to be Wolverine. Also those same editorial people seem to be making all their decisions with an Avengers first attitude. Now its looking like the Avengers won the X-Men will have to answer to them in some way. The revemped line up doesnt look bad but that what we said when it was revemped in Regenesis just after Schism happened as reciently as last year.

mzultan17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By mzultan17

Uncanny Avengers has me worried too, I just don't see it being that great AVX made me really start to hate the Avengers so the X-men joining the Avengers won't be my most anticipated book but since it Remender I'll give it a shot. The only other titles that I feel won't be that great are Psylockes x-force and Gambits ongoing, Psylockes team roster isn't that great and Puck seems a random character to use and Gambits series has been sadly disappointing Issue 1 was ok but 2 was boring and didn't give me any reason to pick up issue 3 which is bad because I was really hoping they could finally make a good Gambit series.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @lorex said:

1) Cable and the X-Force: Cable is one of my favorite characters so I will be interested to see what happens with him now that the techno organic virus is removed from his body. I am hopeful his powers are intact and not diminished like X-Man's were when he bacame part of New Mutants. Also looking to see Domino in regular action again.

2) Psylocke and her Uncanny X-Force: This book have been very good throughout the entire Remender run so I am sad to see him leave the title. I am hopeful that the new team will be good and am willinig to give it a chance. I do wonder about Storm being on a team labeled killers and it it seems they needed a place to put Storm and now that Wolverine is not on the team then need another big name character.

3) All new X-Men: I am still dubious that this concept can work in the long term because at some point they have to go back to the past. I am willing to give it a shot.

4) Wolverine and the X-Men: I was actually enjoying this title before it was derailed by AvX. I hope it can get back to good self contained storied and actually give some time to the students not just the teachers.

5) Cyclops: Well I think Marvel is testing the waters with making Cyclops a villian in AvX but I do not know if they are going to build him back up like Captain America and Iron Man of completely tear him down and make him a full time villian.

6) Uncanny Avengers - More X-Men in the Avengers. I see this book as an Avengers book with the work Uncanny in front of it. This is billed as a combined book bringing the Avengers and the X-Men together but I am still not clear asside from some X-Men being on the team what part the of the book will be influenced by the X-Men. I think Marvel is just using this as an execise to pit the Avengers against X-Men villians, thus stealing more X-Men history to prop un the Avengers.

7) Solo books: Wolverine has has been pretty good and so far Gambit has been really good, I have high hopes for it. 

8) X-Men Legacy: I know some people are critical of this premise but I for one am looking for ward to this book. Legion is among the top tem most powerful (mortal it least) characters in the Marvel universe. Of course the down side is the very real multiple personalities he has to deal with. I hope this book will be interesting.

As for how do I feel about the X-Men going forward. I still do not like the fact that there is a clear editorial push with Schism and later AvX to remove Cyclops as leader of the X-Men and replace him with what looks to be Wolverine. Also those same editorial people seem to be making all their decisions with an Avengers first attitude. Now its looking like the Avengers won the X-Men will have to answer to them in some way. The revemped line up doesnt look bad but that what we said when it was revemped in Regenesis just after Schism happened as reciently as last year.

I agree with everything you said! I just hope that they actually develop the characters and not put another event that would ruin the storylines that the series were trying to develop like how AvX just interrupted the effects of Schism.
    slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By slimlim

Cable back in X-Force sounds interesting. I'm not all that familiar with Hopeless's work, but hopefully (heh) he'll be able to do the team justice. tough act to follow though.

Psylocke's X-Force just sounds like they're trying to flog a dead horse. No Remender = No Uncanny X-Force for me

All New X-Men MIGHT be interesting. But i dont see how this can be a long-term thing...

WATXM... although its a fun book, i never found the idea of Logan as headmaster very correct. feels like a watered down saturday morning cartoon version of the x-men. fun, but not true.

Cyclops... sigh. Only time will tell.

Uncanny Avengers... In Remender I trust!!!

As much as i loathe Cap and the Avengers right now, Uncanny Avengers might actually be the title to watch! I'm loving that Remender likes Havok and will be very interested to see how he is treated. For too long now has Alex Summers been under-used. perhaps he can do for Havok what Whedon did for Cyclops.

X-Men Legacy

Psyched! Rogue has been boring for a while. Without her "flawed" powers, she's become rather dull. So i'm glad the focus is shifting to LEGION.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Blood1991

Cable's X-Force- I'm going to follow if anything to see what they do with Colossus

X-Force- Storm and Psylocke are my favorite X-Women, but Storm doesn't belong on a kill squad and no one is going to convince me otherwise. From there Spiral and Puck are pretty meh in my opinion. At least the first arc sounds interesting.

WATX- I love this team so this is the one I'm feeling most so far.

Uncanny Avengers- I'll try it, but I'm not excited about it.

All New X-men- Bendis is evil, but I will give it an arc and decide from there.

Legacy- I just don't care enough to pick it up.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By John Valentine

The core X-titles (Uncanny X-Men, WaTXM) have been great for the last year or so and the satellite X-books (X-Factor, Uncanny X-Force) have been great for years.

I have mixed feelings about the integration of the X-line with the Avengers books, but, in all honesty I'm quite excited for some of the newer titles, for example, Cable's X-Force, Uncanny Avengers, All New X-Men and the AvX: Consequences mini. And, by the sounds of it, X-Men Legacy's no longer a Rogue solo book! Even better, it's got a focus on Legion. Awesome.

It's a shame that great books like Uncanny X-men and Uncanny X-Force are coming to an end, but at least they're ending on a peak.

Side-note - the new Uncanny X-Force books sounds crap.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I'd like to imagine that the X-Men cannot possibly get worse than they've already gotten.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Blood1991

@AgeofHurricane said:

I'd like to imagine that the X-Men cannot possibly get worse than they've already gotten.

It got better after Schism, but I'm very skeptical of the directions of some characters going into Marvel Now.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Blood1991 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

It got better after Schism, but I'm very skeptical of the directions of some characters going into Marvel Now.

Me too. I hope they don't plan on turning anymore X-Men characters into villains.
    DurararaFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By DurararaFTW

What IS the core title now? Legacy will be solo adventures with Legion. Wolverine and the X-Men will continue to have it's focus narrowed to Logan, Quintin, Evan and Idie. X-Force (both of em) will be seperated from the rest of the community and working undercover, that's what X-Force is all about.

Are Uncanny Avengers the main X-men team now? Or Is All-New X-Men gonna deal with all X-Men that aren't Wolverine's class pets, Legion or X-Force in addition to focusing on classic Original Five?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@DurararaFTW said:

What IS the core title now? Legacy will be solo adventures with Legion. Wolverine and the X-Men will continue to have it's focus narrowed to Logan, Quintin, Evan and Idie. X-Force (both of em) will be seperated from the rest of the community and working undercover, that's what X-Force is all about.

Are Uncanny Avengers the main X-men team now? Or Is All-New X-Men gonna deal with all X-Men that aren't Wolverine's class pets, Legion or X-Force in addition to focusing on classic Original Five?

Bendis' X-Men. lol.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By fodigg

1) Cable and the X-Force: I think this title was a long time coming. I like almost everything I've seen about it except for Dr. Nemesis' rebranding as some sort of generic GI Joe knockoff.

2) Psylocke and her Uncanny X-Force: This seems like an unusual move. I feel like this should still be a Storm-led "response team", not an X-Force team.

3) All New X-Men: The way the Marvel Multiverse works, any time characters from another timeline, past or present, stick around long enough, they get their own Earth-NUM designation and suddenly it's a different reality deal. So the idea that this is the "original" team would mean that they'd have to be short-lived for this timeline. So that tempers any excitement. I certainly don't count it as bringing Jean back, but I kinda like the idea of our current status quo being seen as the "horrible dystopian future" for once.

4) Wolverine and the X-Men: This title was the best thing to happen to the X-Men franchise in a long time and then, as usual, Marvel derailed it with a line-wide event book. This is why people dislike events!

5) Cyclops: They need to rehab Cyclops pronto as a victim of the Phoenix Force or something, but the whole AvX storyline was poorly handled at his expense. So I dunno. Whatever at this point, right?

6) Uncanny Avengers - I think it's long past time these teams merge into new combinations. There's no reason we can't have X-Men in the Avengers or even Avengers on the X-Men. That said, it's a little odd that Marvel seems to be going this route now that the films have a legal barrier between these characters. Are they trying to steal properties over to the Avengers titles? Oh, and why is Havok suddenly off X-Factor again? They did literally nothing with him there. X-Factor is another great title getting jerked around. At least it doesn't seem to be canceled, unlike New Mutants.

7) Solo books: I haven't read a Wolverine book that really entertained me in a long time. Same old same old, even as they're retconning the crap out of his history once again. Gambit has been entertaining and I was a fan of his old solo title, but I don't feel like it's going anywhere. The premise is that he got bored. That's not much of a call to action. Deadpool I'm excited for, but his titles are always hit or miss by creator.

8) X-Men Legacy: We just get through AvX and they want to give us an ongoing title starring another reality-altering force? Ugh. I liked Age of X, but this sounds troublesome.

I think it's clear that the name of the game with Marvel these days is that Avengers are the plan, so get everyone involved with them and give the Avengers access to everyone else's toys. I'm not sure that's a good thing for the line, but hey, at least Bendis is finally moving away from the Avengers stuff. He's been there too long.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.