Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Do you think the Xmen need some new Villains?... If so

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

A lot of us frequently discuss the feeling that the X-books have gotten a bit stagnant when it comes to the villains. It seems like every villain is becoming an xman and the X-men are reduced to fighting each other since there are no villains around. I would love to see some new villains and not the same old recycled ones. By the way I would also bring villains like Exodus and Mondo and Emplate. Maybe I'd bring Hyperstorm into the universe as well but I would like to see some new ones.

So if you had to create a new villain, what would you do?

The first thing that came to my mind would be to tell a story about Dr. Kavita Rao. Since her history is kind of unknown. I would make it so she maybe abandoned her kids or was run off by her husband because of her work with mutants and that being her focus. She would have had a son who is now grown and a great scientist/doctor as well as an extremely rich man, maybe married into a royal family or just well accomplished. This son would be completely against mutants and would be looking to eradicate them completely and in any possible way.

That's one of mine. Any thoughts? Who would you create or even reinvent or bring back?

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

the x-men just fight each other because marvel has no concept of what a hero is anymore. It has nothing to do with a lack of villians.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Something "fresh" is always appreciated when thrown into a classic mix! But execution of the villain or villains needs to be strong!

nerdSmokeja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!! BRING ON THE NEW VILLAINS

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
    The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what ever happened to mr. sinister who killed kate and took her place???

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Make Magneto a bad guy again, leading some new villains.

nerdSmokeja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i've noticed though that x-men have always had new villains whom simple never stick

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
    The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdsmokeja:@stmichalofwilson:

is anyone sick of mystique escaping or get killed or going to jail and escaping......why is it that villains like mr. sinister dies instead of going to jail?????

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

@the_goddess_of_chaos: Yes. Really hoping they do something more for the character. As for Sinister, I dunno...make him a warlock or something (I know that's stupid).

Urban_Spaceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alchemy who popped up in Legions X-Book could make for a sick new villain if he was given the right shift in that direction, dude's practically Molecule Man junior, he can make Admantium out of thin airrrrr or turn X-men into thin air with a touch. Also there's a bunch of villains unaccounted for post M-Day, the Nasty Boyz appeared in like 5 issues of X-Factor then disappeared back in the 90's, Abyss is unaccounted for, etc, they have plenty of material already to work with yet we just keep seeing infighting like the writers want to jack off as many different moral dilemmas as possible.

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New, interesting villains with good back stories and more than dimensional motives would work.

Magneto was more than just a bad guy.

There's not a lot of substance out into the new villains. And no strong ties to the X-men other than being Villain A or B. Even Mystique is losing her depth.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.