Do you think the X-Men could take on the JLA or a major team

#1 Posted by blight (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if the X-Men had all their members past & present they could take on anybody. Any line up you want against any line-up of any team who would win?

#2 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the X-Men have enough members that they could pretty much have any and every power on the same team if they wanted.

#3 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Any line up? Sure, they have enough heavy hitters in Storm, Jean Grey, Iceman (those are of the top of my head, there are others) to give the League a run for it's money in terms of raw power. If the Justice League were extended the same priviledge (any past members), it would be hard to call.

#4 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be a glorious fight, that's for sure. I'm sitting here playing scenarios in my head and thinking that the JLA has the advantage in sheer physical power if you consider just Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter. Those three could easily hold off the X-Men tanks if they came to blows.

Flash has a clear speed advantage over any X speedster.

I think that the Martian is more than the equal of Xavier, and might be able to hold him, Jean and Emma off altogether.

Green Lantern would be able to bottle up many of the others, and might be the best weapon against the like of Iceman. If Iceman truly lives up to his omega potential, then the battle might be totally different. The problem is, he usually doesn't.

If we're allowing the JLA to have any past members as well as the X-Men, then that's quite a line-up of Lanterns.

But, are we also allowing for either team's members to be present at their highest levels? If so, then Phoenix may trump all.

#5 Posted by blight (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm talking about the Avengers; Fantastic Four, JSA and any other major team from any comic, and whats your line up of each team.

#6 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

The Authority

WildCats

Possibly Stormwatch: Team Achilles with enough time to prepare and a sneak attack.

#7 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the JLA would take it. Flash alone could take out half of the X-Men before they realize they are being attacked. MM is enough to protect the JLA's minds from mental attacks. And they have the X-Men beat in raw power.

#8 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

The "Detroit Era" League would last all of 10 seconds as it was mostly filled with D-listers. MM was the only really powerful one.

I think three GLs with Kyle as Ion would be tough on their own. John Stewart learned a trick off the Guardians for dealing with telepaths which he uses to rescue the League from Fernus, so him and Ion could easily take on the X telepaths. Add the "Magnificent Eight Era" line up of Aquaman, Flash (Wally), Batman, Superman, MM, Wonder Woman and Plastic Man (already mentioned GL) and you have something the X-Men would be struggling against even on home soil.

#9 Posted by blight (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I ask this question because Marvel changes the power level of the x-men so much that i get confused at times, but yet Marvel makes them to be their most powerful team, but lets say they have a crossover with the Avengers, they make the X-men look like kids tring to be heroes, I feel that your strongest team should be the flagship of That comic universe. For example in DC everybody knows that The JLA is top dog then its JSA and so forth and so forth, why doesn't Marvel get that establihed within its own universe for fan boys like me.

#10 Posted by Golden Boy (19 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think there should be any question over who would win in a fight between the X-Men and the JLA. First you would have to narrow it down to one team of X-Men and one specific team of JLA, but any way you roll it, you're going to have Martian Manhunter, Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman to deal with, and they are going to be ridiculously hard to beat. Throw in the Flash and any Green Lantern at all, theres no contest. I think that the current JLA is probably weaker than a lot of the League's previous incarnations, and that the X-Men might be able to put up a better fight against them, but I just dont see them being a real threat any other time.

#11 Posted by Sanit (308 posts) - - Show Bio

ithe X-men alone ...no

with the brotherhood...more of a chance

the real question is JLA vs Avengers

#12 Posted by Blowout (217 posts) - - Show Bio

I was looking through the old X-men forums, and decided to respond to this post...

For the X-men to take on the JLA it really depend on who they have on their team. If they have people like Jean Grey, Iceman, Storm, Wolverine, etc. then they very well could. It also depends who the JLA has on their team.

What I also wanted to say was that I think if the X-men is going to have so many memembers, then they should become something like X-MEN UNLIMITED (similar to JLU) like when they had X-men Corporations. Don't just have 3 different teams, but one huge X-men team like Legion or JLU. They could bring a few X-men to do one particular mission randomly. It might be less confusing then following three different comics called X-men, with 3 different rosters, and whose stories intersect.

#13 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

if it is also all past Justice League members...it isn't even fair

#14 Posted by Blowout (217 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwingprodigalson says:

"if it is also all past Justice League members...it isn't even fair"

I wasn't saying all past X-men verse all past JLU. i am just saying for the current X-men comics, if the creators want so many members on the X-men, like they have now, then they should make it into a Legion or JLU status kind of team.

#15 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Blowout says:

"Nightwingprodigalson says:
"if it is also all past Justice League members...it isn't even fair"

I wasn't saying all past X-men verse all past JLU. i am just saying for the current X-men comics, if the creators want so many members on the X-men, like they have now, then they should make it into a Legion or JLU status kind of team. "

it was meant to some of the first posts

#16 Posted by Titan3510 (432 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck yeah.

The X-Men have Jean, Storm, Iceman, Professor X, Cyclops, Wolverine, Colossus. The X-Men are a force to be reckoned with when they are at full power and with at least 30-35 members.

The X-Men have lots of diversity in power, meaning they can take down each member of the JLA specifically with their unique powers rather than duking out with their power of super strength, flight, and super speed. It's very boring and repitive. Super strength is way overused. Anyway, the X-Men need all the help they can get with the JLA.

It'll be a really good fight to see J'onn go against Charles. But I doubt he can stand up to the combined force of Jean, Rachel, Emma and Charles or manage psi-shields strong enough to keep out two maybe three Omega-level telepaths and a highly skilled telepath and fight off other X-Men. Can he use his other powers while invisible? But with Psylocke immune to telepathy and a powerful telekinetic. No. He can hold off maybe Rachel and Psylocke who are very powerful, are also quite inexperienced in their respective psi powers. Emma, Charles and Jean are totally different.

Flash is way too overhyped. I could say the same about Wolverine but hey. The strength of the X-Men lies within their telepaths and key characters such as Psylocke, Shadowcat, Lady Mastermind, Wolverine, Colossus, Cyclops, Rogue, Storm, Mystique, Cannonball, Iceman, Polaris, Magneto, Longshot, Jubilee, Dazzler, Mimic, Nightcrawler, Havok and Beast. Can I include the New Mutants and the New X-Men since they are technically X-Men mini-mes. Do I include X-Force and X-Factor? If not, oh well. Superman is very dangerous but Rogue is a key character in that fight. Polaris and Magneto's magnetokinesis are more than enough to handle Wonder Woman. Throw Mystique, Cannonball and Jubilee in that fight and she is out.

Lady Mastermind can take Superman, Batman and Elongated Man by herself. Their multiple issues are like a neon yellow post-it-note against mahogany wood. The GL's are different. I think that Iceman is the key in that battle and Dazzler too. Storm can handle Black Canary, Green Arrow, Vixen, Black Lightning and Red Tornado on her own.

The X-Men's main problem is Zatanna. Colossus' armored form is the essential for that battle and with Beast's and Cyclops' heads together they can take her down. Hawkman and Hawkgirl are real threat. Kitty can just phase through them and disable their Nth metal weaponry rendering them defenseless fools with fake wings on their back.

If they can take the JLA, the FF and the Avengers can't really put up a fight. They are better than the Teen Titans outright and the JSA are the next challenge.

#17 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

If you put together all the Omega-level mutants at the height of their powers, it's no contest. I don't read a lot of Justice League, so I'm fuzzy on MM's powers, but come on. Phoenix at the height of her power could devour a star. Professor X can manipulate an untold number of minds simultaneously. Ice Man, if he pulled out all the stops, could kill almost all the members of JLA. Got fluid in you? Got blood? Not anymore. Green Lantern, meet Dazzler and Banshee (yellow laser cannon anyone?). Northstar can synch himself with the earth's gravimetric pull, putting him WAY past Flash's speed. Add Quicksilver with Isotope E just for kicks and they've got him double-teamed. If you put Magneto into the game (he WAS leader of the X-Men for a while) it becomes a slaughter. The only member I'm not sure about is Superman, but if someone like Cable or Forge got their hands on some Kryptonite, he's done for. Not sure how you'd find kryptonite in the Marvel U, but if you could Magneto could probably find it and encase Supes in it. If not, kryptonite in the hands of one of the speedsters (Northstar, Quicksilver) circling him; while he focuses on them, BAM kypto-bullet to the brain. Again, not sure how that works as I'm mostly a Marvel reader. And for anyone that thinks Batman has any place in this battle...well, you're just wrong. ANY Omega-Level mutant could take him out solo. Same with Wolverine. I hate to say it, but someone would take him out, hurl him into the sun or the next country or something.

#18 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

you guys are talking alot of IFs that favor the x-men as oposed to all

the facts about the JLA. if if if VS a JLA team thats fully of heavy

hitters. I think the best and most fair way to look at this is to

choose your basic core of each team and then you well have the JLA just

too strong. soooo lets move on to whats a better fight!

Avengers VS Xmen!! now I say this is a real close one! and all will

come down to capatin Americas leadership VS cyclops's leadership. but

then gain Thor might just go ape and win the whole thing!. no matter

what I wanna know what side wolverine would be on. I mean who is he

more loyal to Cap or cyclops?

X-MEN would beat

Titans

Outsiders

& JSA (if they dont have Kingdom come Superman)
Post Edited:2007-11-26 16:09:46

#19 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

With X-Men vs. Avengers I think there are even more "ifs". As for Wolverine, it depends on why the battle is being fought in the first place.

#20 Posted by gambit_1972 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets see Im a die hard X fab so Ill do my best to be unbiased,Wolverine can match Batman at hand to hands skills and he has the adamantium and healing factor so he wins that,Wonderwoman and Rogue match up pretty nice as there powers are pretty simular there both super strong both can fly and there both invulnerable but all it takes is one touch for Rogue to scramble her head and steal her powers fighting abilities so i give Rogue that fight.Jean Grey or profeesor X could match well with Martian Manhunter.that could go either way if jean doesnt tap into the phoenix force also MM is defintly stronger than either of them.Green Lantern would also be a force to deal with..honestley i think it would boil down to who matched with who and how well they meshed as a team.I see both teams as pretty much equal i dont think the same team would win every fight.ther are caharacters on both teams that could defeat characters on the other.The only trump card I can see is Superman,Im not sure who could effectivly deal with him.most likley one of the telepaths by making his ming think hes exposed to Kryptonite or maybe Rogue by stealing his powers.I gues the win goes to the better prepared team.

#21 Posted by lordraiden (7144 posts) - - Show Bio

Take them on, yeah! beat them, prob not!

#22 Posted by Titan3510 (432 posts) - - Show Bio

speedlgt says:

"you guys are talking alot of IFs that favor the x-men as oposed to all the facts about the JLA. if if if VS a JLA team thats fully of heavy hitters. I think the best and most fair way to look at this is to choose your basic core of each team and then you well have the JLA just too strong. soooo lets move on to whats a better fight! Avengers VS Xmen!! now I say this is a real close one! and all will come down to capatin Americas leadership VS cyclops's leadership. but then gain Thor might just go ape and win the whole thing!. no matter what I wanna know what side wolverine would be on. I mean who is he more loyal to Cap or cyclops? X-MEN would beat Titans Outsiders & JSA (if they dont have Kingdom come Superman)
Post Edited:2007-11-26 16:09:46"

Okay. Let's choose a core team of 12 people.

X-Men: Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Colossus, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Rogue, Iceman, Shadowcat, Bishop, Northstar, Psylocke

Justice League: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Vixen, Black Lightning.

Does anybody have anything to say to that.

#23 Posted by MrMysterious (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be an overall stalemate cause it would eventually come down to superman vs wolverine

#24 Posted by All Pro_95 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends which characters are on both teams, for instance superman would do a lot of damage, but if colossus was on the team he also would do a lot of damage.

#25 Posted by gambit_1972 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

As big a wolverine fan as I am I have to admit that Wolverine has no way of dealing with Superman,unless theres kryptonite involved.

#26 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Elemental says:

"X-Men: Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Colossus, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Rogue, Iceman, Shadowcat, Bishop, Northstar, PsylockeJustice League: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Vixen, Black Lightning."

right... ignoring the rest of the JLA for the moment...

aside from Jean's telepathy, i don't see anyone in that list that would even cause Hal to sweat in a fight...

M

#27 Posted by Unicorn (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Heres My x-men team that I would put togeather and if they win they win...

Magneto

X-man

Colossus

Storm

Jean Grey

#28 Posted by Methias (437 posts) - - Show Bio

The main part of the problem is superman. DC created him simply to see how many powers they could give someone before people stopped reading the comic. WW, MM, and GL would be tough as well. Batman and Hawkeye would be worthless. Flash and Hawkman would be cancelled out by Quicksilver and Angel.

The X-Men lineup I would pick would be: Phoenix, Rogue (would she be able to steal Supe's power? If so then game over right there), Cable, Juggernaut, Wolverine, Emma Frost, Quicksilver, and Angel.

#29 Posted by kuchiku (4070 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Elemental says:
"X-Men: Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Colossus, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Rogue, Iceman, Shadowcat, Bishop, Northstar, Psylocke Justice League: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Vixen, Black Lightning."
right... ignoring the rest of the JLA for the moment... aside from Jean's telepathy, i don't see anyone in that list that would even cause Hal to sweat in a fight... M"

neityher did i name the good x-men you fools!!!!

#30 Posted by blazinasian112 (899 posts) - - Show Bio

xtinction team would give any team a run for their money.

#31 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it hard to compare power levels between universes, because a writer could simply say that a new mutant/hero comes onto the scene, and can instantaneously destory everything.

But then again, from my limited knowledge on comparing both universes, I'll simply say this:

Phoenix.

#32 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I don't think so.

#33 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

everybody dies from a speed-blitz by flash

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.