Do you think the Avengers are Anti-Mutant?

  • 106 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

In light of recent events, many X-Men have said they think the Avengers hate them and this is why they're trying to stop the Phoenix Force. In X-Men Legacy 266, Iceman says that the Phoenix Force could bring them back from the brink and the Avengers obviously don't want. Do you think the X-Men who think they're hated are right?

Personally I think they're being a little over-dramatic. They've been ignored by the Avengers before, but I would never say openly hated. And this that's not what the fight is about.

Anyway, your thoughts, opinions.

#2 Edited by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they're racists. Violent racists who like to beat up relatively defenceless children for their own amusement.

Think you're big now, She-Hulk, do you?

#3 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

I think they're racists. Violent racists who like to bet up relatively defenceless children for their own amusement.

Someone read Legacy today lol.

#4 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@John Valentine said:

I think they're racists. Violent racists who like to beat up relatively defenceless children for their own amusement.

Someone read Legacy today lol.

I wish I hadn't. It put me in a bad mood for this afternoon. A mood not even WaTXM, Uncanny X-Force, Green Lantern and Walking Dead could appease.

#5 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@John Valentine said:

I think they're racists. Violent racists who like to beat up relatively defenceless children for their own amusement.

Someone read Legacy today lol.

I wish I hadn't. It put me in a bad mood for this afternoon. A mood not even WaTXM, Uncanny X-Force, Green Lantern and Walking Dead could appease.

Can we agree though Moon Knight deserved the beating he got from Frenzy? I mean he looked like he was with the KKK, and said You people to a black woman with a temper. That's asking for a beating.

#6 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@John Valentine said:

I think they're racists. Violent racists who like to beat up relatively defenceless children for their own amusement.

Someone read Legacy today lol.

I wish I hadn't. It put me in a bad mood for this afternoon. A mood not even WaTXM, Uncanny X-Force, Green Lantern and Walking Dead could appease.

That issue was not good. They tried so hard to make the Avengers they had with them come off as huge assholes, which bothered me. Their actions bothered me too. Granted both sides could kinda be blamed since someone had to egg on the mentally unstable guy in a white hood. Stupid issue.

#7 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: Hey don't talk crap about She-Hulk poor thing floats around in comic limbo and now SHES the bad guy. Besides a giant flaming exo skeleton was coming at her how was she supposed to know it was a student let alone not a defense mechanism of the school. It was over kill, but that story was as bias against Avengers as AVX has been toward X-Men.

To anwser the orginal question I don't think they hate mutants, but I do think sending three Avengers to the school was a bad move. Honestly I think it was just a good excuse to pull Rouge onto Scotts side. Just my opinion however.....

#8 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@John Valentine said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@John Valentine said:

I think they're racists. Violent racists who like to beat up relatively defenceless children for their own amusement.

Someone read Legacy today lol.

I wish I hadn't. It put me in a bad mood for this afternoon. A mood not even WaTXM, Uncanny X-Force, Green Lantern and Walking Dead could appease.

That issue was not good. They tried so hard to make the Avengers they had with them come off as huge assholes, which bothered me. Their actions bothered me too. Granted both sides could kinda be blamed since someone had to egg on the mentally unstable guy in a white hood. Stupid issue.

It was a joke.

Haven't enjoyed any of these Legacy issues, the book's just not very good and I'm not wasting my money on it anymore.

Hellion got screwed over again. Thank you, Cage.

#9 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@John Valentine said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@John Valentine said:

I think they're racists. Violent racists who like to beat up relatively defenceless children for their own amusement.

Someone read Legacy today lol.

I wish I hadn't. It put me in a bad mood for this afternoon. A mood not even WaTXM, Uncanny X-Force, Green Lantern and Walking Dead could appease.

Can we agree though Moon Knight deserved the beating he got from Frenzy? I mean he looked like he was with the KKK, and said You people to a black woman with a temper. That's asking for a beating.

Really? Not a good idea Moon Knight, never a good idea

#10 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@John Valentine: Hey don't talk crap about She-Hulk poor thing floats around in comic limbo and now SHES the bad guy. Besides a giant flaming exo skeleton was coming at her how was she supposed to know it was a student let alone not a defense mechanism of the school. It was over kill, but that story was as bias against Avengers as AVX has been toward X-Men.

No excuse. They came to the school looking for a fight.

If she identifies someone/something she doesn't know coming towards her it's probably a child. What's fire going to to to a Hulk anyway? Unnecessary force for someone looking for a peaceful solution, especially when the nutter in the white hood threw the first punch. Let's hope she doesn't go the way she went in Disassembled, if she does, someone needs to put her down for good.

#11 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@John Valentine said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@John Valentine said:

I think they're racists. Violent racists who like to beat up relatively defenceless children for their own amusement.

Someone read Legacy today lol.

I wish I hadn't. It put me in a bad mood for this afternoon. A mood not even WaTXM, Uncanny X-Force, Green Lantern and Walking Dead could appease.

That issue was not good. They tried so hard to make the Avengers they had with them come off as huge assholes, which bothered me. Their actions bothered me too. Granted both sides could kinda be blamed since someone had to egg on the mentally unstable guy in a white hood. Stupid issue.

It was a joke.

Haven't enjoyed any of these Legacy issues, the book's just not very good and I'm not wasting my money on it anymore.

Hellion got screwed over again. Thank you, Cage.

I hoped so, but I always prepare for the worst! You can never tell on these forums....

Anyway, it seriously scares me they're going to make the Avengers act like huge buttholes now. I'm pretty sure I'm done with this series.

Why did Hellion seem like he was a kid again? Kind of stupid. He's got experience.

#12 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@John Valentine said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@John Valentine said:

I think they're racists. Violent racists who like to beat up relatively defenceless children for their own amusement.

Someone read Legacy today lol.

I wish I hadn't. It put me in a bad mood for this afternoon. A mood not even WaTXM, Uncanny X-Force, Green Lantern and Walking Dead could appease.

Can we agree though Moon Knight deserved the beating he got from Frenzy? I mean he looked like he was with the KKK, and said You people to a black woman with a temper. That's asking for a beating.

Really? Not a good idea Moon Knight, never a good idea

Plus, when Frenzy decided to watch him and the Avengers, she drew a line in the dirt and Moon Knight decided to be cocky and talk about her rap sheet, to which reversed on him causing him to lose his cool to which she hit the living beejesus out of him cause he crossed that line.

#13 Posted by stormphoenix (945 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: WOAH!!! woah what happen what did the avengers do? AND to answer the questions I say yes I mean cyke does have a point how come the Avengers didn't help the mutants when they were being hunted down EVERYDAY by huge robots. AND Cap calls it "Respecting You".......hmmm. I love you cap, but.....seriously?

#14 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

I hoped so, but I always prepare for the worst! You can never tell on these forums....

Anyway, it seriously scares me they're going to make the Avengers act like huge buttholes now. I'm pretty sure I'm done with this series.

Why did Hellion seem like he was a kid again? Kind of stupid. He's got experience.

Again, not only does a writer decide to abuse him, they also drastically mischaracterise him.

This book seriously pales in comparison to today's WaTXM which was genuinely good.

#15 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX: Were all of the Avengers that.....jerkish?

#16 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

I hoped so, but I always prepare for the worst! You can never tell on these forums....

Anyway, it seriously scares me they're going to make the Avengers act like huge buttholes now. I'm pretty sure I'm done with this series.

Why did Hellion seem like he was a kid again? Kind of stupid. He's got experience.

Again, not only does a writer decide to abuse him, they also drastically mischaracterise him.

This book seriously pales in comparison to today's WaTXM which was genuinely good.

Doesn't always? WaTXM and Uncanny X-Force are all I need.

#17 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: Moon Knight started it yes, but Frenzy provoked the fight in the first place. Yes She-Hulk was excessive, but while fire may not have hurt her Falcon and Moon Knight are bascally useless in a fight with anyone there. Outnumbered in a stressful situation I pardon the action and she apologized though the kids were hurt pretty bad I do hope that she does more to make it up to the school, but after all of this she will probably vanish again. I think the whole situation was handled very poorly, but I would rather not argue this with you any further since you can be..... excessive lol. Just my thoughts on the matter.

#18 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: Were all of the Avengers that.....jerkish?

She-Hulk wasn't perfect, but she wasn't as crazy as Moon Knight. Falcon was the only reasonable Avenger there, and when She-Hulk unintentionally hurt students who were charging her (she didn't know they were kids...still no defense), Rogue and the Staff fought them which forced them to call Stark for help.

#19 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@John Valentine said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

I hoped so, but I always prepare for the worst! You can never tell on these forums....

Anyway, it seriously scares me they're going to make the Avengers act like huge buttholes now. I'm pretty sure I'm done with this series.

Why did Hellion seem like he was a kid again? Kind of stupid. He's got experience.

Again, not only does a writer decide to abuse him, they also drastically mischaracterise him.

This book seriously pales in comparison to today's WaTXM which was genuinely good.

Doesn't always? WaTXM and Uncanny X-Force are all I need.

Good calls. Those two, Uncanny and X-Factor are the only X-Books worth reading at the moment. X-Men, New Mutants and Legacy are garbage.

Captain America had to also send the lamest Avengers to the school too. Go away Falcon, you were taken down with ease by a dying Cable.

#20 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@BlackArmor said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: Were all of the Avengers that.....jerkish?

She-Hulk wasn't perfect, but she wasn't as crazy as Moon Knight. Falcon was the only reasonable Avenger there, and when She-Hulk unintentionally hurt students who were charging her (she didn't know they were kids...still no defense), Rogue and the Staff fought them which forced them to call Stark for help.

That sounds almost as bad as the premise of AVX itself...

#21 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@BlackArmor said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: Were all of the Avengers that.....jerkish?

She-Hulk wasn't perfect, but she wasn't as crazy as Moon Knight. Falcon was the only reasonable Avenger there, and when She-Hulk unintentionally hurt students who were charging her (she didn't know they were kids...still no defense), Rogue and the Staff fought them which forced them to call Stark for help.

That sounds almost as bad as the premise of AVX itself...

Pretty much.

#22 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: The synopsis is that The X-Men at the school are decieding whether they want to fight with Scott or not when Falcon, She-Hulk, and Moon Knight showed up to moniter the X-Men to keep them from joining Scott Rouge allowed it if they kept of the campus. Frenzy went to their position and egged on Moon Knight who hit her than got his skull bashed in by Frenzy which caused She-Hulk and Falcon to be dragged in before 3 students came to aid Frenzy and got Thunder Clapped by She-Hulk who was taken by suprise. Rouge then went ape Sh!t and the Iron Man came.

#23 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio

This is an event run by Bendis, of course the characters are all gonna be a$$holes that seems to be the only way he wants to write Avengers. The tie in books are just maintaining that image

#24 Posted by stormphoenix (945 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: so why the hell Moon Knigh hit frenzy ugh see that makes me so ANGRY

#25 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: She called him a Psycho after he said you people to her....

#26 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix said:

@Blood1991: so why the hell Moon Knigh hit frenzy ugh see that makes me so ANGRY

Because she has stupid hair.

#27 Edited by stormphoenix (945 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: OK see right there MK didn't need to hit her AND yes that idiot frenzy should have said nothing, but again MK had no righ to hit her PLUS she was a women AND black at that lol hahaha. One more thing how did She Hulk get taken by surprise and why Rouge go ape sht

#28 Posted by stormphoenix (945 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: well hahaha that shouldnt be a reason.

#29 Edited by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix said:

@Blood1991: so why the hell Moon Knigh hit frenzy ugh see that makes me so ANGRY

Dude looking back, If I was Falcon, I would have smacked him too.

#30 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix said:

@John Valentine: well hahaha that shouldnt be a reason.

It was a complete justification in Marc Spector's eyes. Falcon then unleashed the remote-controlled Iron Man suit on Rogue because he hated the recent scarf incorporation into her costume.

#31 Posted by stormphoenix (945 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX: I know that I just did not know he said "you people" but then again he could have said you people as in mutants not blacks

#32 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: I know that I just did not know he said "you people" but then again he could have said you people as in mutants not blacks

Then he shouldn't have worn his white suit. I hear Ronin's suit is still available.

#33 Posted by stormphoenix (945 posts) - - Show Bio

hahaha woa wait why the hell is 3 avengers there to keep some xmen children from joining there friends. You dont see any xmen going to a member of an avenger and keeping him/her from joining there team. I'm really starting to not like the avengrs anymore

#34 Edited by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Colossonaut breaks into Avengers Academy and kills every single enrolled superteen in the place as revenge (save for X-23, she can live).

#35 Posted by stormphoenix (945 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: I know right

#36 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

I hope Colossonaut breaks into Avengers Academy and kills every single enrolled superteen in the place as revenge (save for X-23, she can live).

Then what is Shaw gonna do after his Dark Phoenix Wolverine sewer moment?

#37 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@John Valentine said:

I hope Colossonaut breaks into Avengers Academy and kills every single enrolled superteen in the place as revenge (save for X-23, she can live).

Then what is Shaw gonna do after his Dark Phoenix Wolverine sewer moment?

Oh, that should suffice. I hope he tears Quicksilver's legs off. Pietro Maximoff deserves no mercy.

#38 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O this has gotten quite violent damn some X-Men fans are XTREME

#39 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@John Valentine said:

I hope Colossonaut breaks into Avengers Academy and kills every single enrolled superteen in the place as revenge (save for X-23, she can live).

Then what is Shaw gonna do after his Dark Phoenix Wolverine sewer moment?

Oh, that should suffice. I hope he tears Quicksilver's legs off. Pietro Maximoff deserves no mercy.

Gene traitor that he is, always blaming daddy for his own ineptness.

#40 Posted by stormphoenix (945 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Nah I agree with him pietro deserves no mercy

#41 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: I meant the students there I like them :( I could care less about QS

#42 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

O_O this has gotten quite violent damn some X-Men fans are XTREME

I know, isn't it fun!

#43 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

Quicksilver is an arrogant, potentially-incestuous, race traitor.

#44 Posted by stormphoenix (945 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: I agree

#45 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

Quicksilver is an arrogant, potentially-incestuous, race traitor.

Not only this, but he finds it okay to take advantage of the severely mentally ill in order to alter the fabric of reality. Not cool, Pietro, not cool.

#46 Posted by War Killer (20285 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-Men need to get over themselves.

#47 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

The X-Men need to get over themselves.

The Avengers need to stop beating up and imprisoning children. Just sayin'.

#48 Posted by stormphoenix (945 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: And the Avengers

#49 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@War Killer said:

The X-Men need to get over themselves.

The Avengers need to stop beating up and imprisoning children. Just sayin'.

This made me laugh. xD

#50 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@John Valentine said:

@War Killer said:

The X-Men need to get over themselves.

The Avengers need to stop beating up and imprisoning children. Just sayin'.

This made me laugh. xD

Marvel needs to stop letting Bendis rape their characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.