Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Do you think Marvel have any plans for Emma Frost.

• 57 results
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Poll Do you think Marvel have any plans for Emma Frost. (27 votes)

No 56%
    Yes 22%
    Maybe 22%

Emma Frost has lived in Cyclops shadows for the past 6 years, she been nothing more than eye candy for Scott. To make matter worse, she follow in the same footsteps as Jean Grey. She been host of the Phoenix force, her daughters have been host of the Phoenix Force. Then Namor join the X-Men, so another guy try to get to get with Cyclops woman.

While Emma has some good moments from Bendis, it still feels like he has no plans for Emma Frost. It’s like Marvel has no intention of doing anything with her character.

Do you think Marvel will do anything with her character.

• 
    poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Now that Storm is the headmistress. And Magik is the new blonde Bombshell. On top of the fact that Emma's powers are whack.. She is kind of a nobody now.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By time1

Now that Storm is the headmistress. And Magik is the new blonde Bombshell. On top of the fact that Emma's powers are whack.. She is kind of a nobody now.

I think the other X-Ladies have had some positive development, not sure about Emma though. Will Marvel do anything with her, now that Jean back.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Koays

Well idk if she's had it nearly as bad as it's been put....but she's going to be a part of the "Who killed the Watcher" event with Hank Pym supposedly. But otherwise most of her character use will probably be in connection to the Stepford sisters for a time.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Well idk if she's had it nearly as bad as it's been put....but she's going to be a part of the "Who killed the Watcher" event with Hank Pym supposedly. But otherwise most of her character use will probably be in connection to the Stepford sisters for a time.

So no then

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@koays said:

So no then

Is Bendis a legitimate answer? .....I put maybe, because she's got students, Cyclops, and the Cuckoo's to interact with, but she hasn't opened her mouth at all in a few issues.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By time1

@koays said:

@time said:

@koays said:

So no then

Is Bendis a legitimate answer? .....I put maybe, because she's got students, Cyclops, and the Cuckoo's to interact with, but she hasn't opened her mouth at all in a few issues.

She not really Bendis main priority. Jean, Scott, Magik and Kitty are.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@koays said:

@time said:

@koays said:

So no then

True. Though she's got a lot going for her in terms of potential within the book.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@time said:

@koays said:

@time said:

@koays said:

So no then

True. Though she's got a lot going for her in terms of potential within the book.

She had some good moments, but I'm not sure Bendis really cares enough for her character,to do something with her. I think that's the case with Marvel. I think Emma should leave Scott team, join the Jean Grey Institute or join Storm team in X-Men. I wouldn't mind seeing her in All new X-Factor. A least Peter David would do something with her character. Emma to tied to Scott. She needs to leave him for good, it's the only way she get a real developement.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Marvel has no plans for Emma, she's pretty much in limbo right now even though she's still being featured.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By time1

@arturocalakayvee said:

Marvel has no plans for Emma, she's pretty much in limbo right now even though she's still being featured.

Why is she still in the comics then.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's sad. That rack must be featured more.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By time1

@arturocalakayvee said:

With Greg Land it did.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Why is she still in the comics then.

Because she's a pivotal character of the X-Men now.

@arturocalakayvee said:

Oh you!

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By Silver_Raven

She needs to leave Scott and be her own woman. She is just a walking prop NOW!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: I don't think escaping Scott is the answer. As of right now with her powers broken, she has very little to offer other books then snark. At the same time, any where else she goes she's just going to be backed into that "former villain, can't be trusted" background she was already trapped in. You can't just change a characters setting and tell new stories, it's not that easy when the most important interactions she's had as a character are within the Uncanny cast.

Uncanny probably has the most to offer her now, she has post break-up issues with Scott, feuding with Kitty without her powers, students to teach, and a relationship with the Cuckoo's to define. And other then being evil, these are literally all the major stories for the character. The only problem is that Bendis is failing to balance the characters and plot within Uncanny and it takes for ever to explore the characters.....I mean look how long it took for him to tell how Cyclops feels about the O5 and he's the main character.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cloakx14

@arturocalakayvee said:

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

For fugs sake. Get this woman away from Scott Summers and his band of attention-seeking miscreants. She is the White-bloody-Queen. She is better than this. So much better than this.

I mean, if possible, could someone tell me what she's been doing in Uncanny for the past 20 issues other than engaging in character-demeaning nonsensical retorts coupled with apathetic bonding-time with the Cuckoos ? (and you can get out of here with that issue where she trained Deeds. That was absolutely nothing special)

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@time: I don't think escaping Scott is the answer. As of right now with her powers broken, she has very little to offer other books then snark. At the same time, any where else she goes she's just going to be backed into that "former villain, can't be trusted" background she was already trapped in. You can't just change a characters setting and tell new stories, it's not that easy when the most important interactions she's had as a character are within the Uncanny cast.

Uncanny probably has the most to offer her now, she has post break-up issues with Scott, feuding with Kitty without her powers, students to teach, and a relationship with the Cuckoo's to define. And other then being evil, these are literally all the major stories for the character. The only problem is that Bendis is failing to balance the characters and plot within Uncanny and it takes for ever to explore the characters.....I mean look how long it took for him to tell how Cyclops feels about the O5 and he's the main character.

I still think more could be done with character if she left Cyclops team. There hasn't been much interactions with her and Kitty. Bendis is not doing anything with her and Jean Grey, in terms of interactions.

I also feel a lot of the other x-ladies have had some real development over the last 30 years, but it still feels like something missing with Emma Frost character. It's like she not reaching her real potential. She can't always be X-lady that everyone hates.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For fugs sake. Get this woman away from Scott Summers and his band of attention-seeking miscreants. She is the White-bloody-Queen. She is better than this. So much better than this.

I mean, if possible, could someone tell me what she's been doing in Uncanny for the past 20 issues other than engaging in character-demeaning nonsensical retorts coupled with apathetic bonding-time with the Cuckoos ? (and you can get out of here with that issue where she trained Deeds. That was absolutely nothing special)

I agree with you completely.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@koays said:

I still think more could be done with character if she left Cyclops team. There hasn't been much interactions with her and Kitty. Bendis is not doing anything with her and Jean Grey, in terms of interactions.

I also feel a lot of the other x-ladies have had some real development over the last 30 years, but it still feels like something missing with Emma Frost character. It's like she not reaching her real potential. She can't always be X-lady that everyone hates.

True, but that's because i think she was written into a corner. She's basically spent the last decade trying to get the X-Men to trust her, and yet she's never been fully accepted. Now that the X-Men have been proven right(in their eyes), she doesn't have very much left to do except interact with the few characters on her side...and she's not doing that.

Bendis isn't using her, but he wasn't using Magneto either and all it took was one issue to reestablish interest in the character. Though i'd think that joining up with Magneto would be the only interesting thing for her outside the team.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By HAWK2916

I like the idea of her leaving Scott's team right now. She is in limbo though in the book. She gets nothing and Bendis should just let her go if he wont use her. Im intrigued by time's idea of her joining X-factor. Or she could restart the Hellfire Club or the Hellions but make them a force for good. Basically another option for the x-kids.

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Let her run a new X-Corporation. She has the skills, the savvy, and the money to get that organization up and running again. She needs to be a head bitch in charge again of something important to her. Let Scott have his mid-life rebellion, and let Emma get back to her own business. Living the high life.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@time said:

@koays said:

True, but that's because i think she was written into a corner. She's basically spent the last decade trying to get the X-Men to trust her, and yet she's never been fully accepted. Now that the X-Men have been proven right(in their eyes), she doesn't have very much left to do except interact with the few characters on her side...and she's not doing that.

Bendis isn't using her, but he wasn't using Magneto either and all it took was one issue to reestablish interest in the character. Though i'd think that joining up with Magneto would be the only interesting thing for her outside the team.

What do you mean by ' Now that the X-Men have been proven right(in their eyes)', don't a lot of the X-Men trust her and accept her now.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@koays said:

@time said:

@koays said:

What do you mean by ' Now that the X-Men have been proven right(in their eyes)', don't a lot of the X-Men trust her and accept her now.

No. At least not to my knowledge. Most of them were hostile to her prior to the Phoenix Force incident. If they were friendly afterwards then that makes little sense considering she was much worst with handling it then Scott and everybody blames him for AvX.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Come to think of it, i'm now beginning to conclude that Jean was surreptitiously getting back at Emma for the telepathic affair by pushing her into this very predicament! Lmao. Nice one, Jeannie gurl.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By time1

Come to think of it, i'm now beginning to conclude that Jean was surreptitiously getting back at Emma for the telepathic affair by pushing her into this very predicament! Lmao. Nice one, Jeannie gurl.

Well that's nice way to look at it.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

i think Bendis has plans for her, not sure when we will see them (he seems to move sooo slow) and im pretty sure whatever he does 90 percent of the people on this forum will hate cause he did it lol

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

You know how much I love Emma but nothing is being done with her due to writers. I'm kind of over it, just a waste for a character that used to be so strong and independent.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HAWK2916

@mcklayn: and I would say 90% of the people would be right. Bendis is really getting close to garbage status imo. Im glad someone else feels like his pace is ridiculously slow. Im sure the company loves him though because well damn the content its about money. If we knew the final payoff would be worth it then the pace might not be such a huge issue. But history tells us the payoff wont come. Some will list all this stuff that supposedly has happened but really his whole twenty issue run so far could have been done in 5 or 6 issues.

@silver_raven: That would be awesome!!!! I think this is my new preferred role for her. Who would you have join her?

@koays: joining Magneto was something I had hoped for when I heard he was leaving. I'd love to see that as well.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny that someone came up with this thread of Emma.

Poor Emma...I have a feeling she's gonna end up like Magneto. From villain to hero and from hero to villain. What if I say she will probably be better off with Magneto and join him in believing his cause? Seeing her going no where...facing limbo is the least I want for her. If she leave Cyclops (like Mag did) only because Bendis have other plan for Jean, then, what make you guys think she will be the hero on her own...when I don't think she ever fit in those heroes shoes anymore. And speaking of Emma joining Magneto...I found an article of Magneto issue #5...here's the quote...that put me to think.

"Magneto continues his crusade of safeguarding the future of mutantkind by what ever means he deems necessary, all the white pursued by agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. But now someone new is hot on the trail of the Master of Magnetism someone with ties to his past. Will she be his greatest ally or his downfall or both?"

Now...I'm not saying it might be Emma...obviously it can be anybody. But What If? What if "she" might be Emma? I can't get too hope up thinking the reason for Bendis not doing anything with her characterization because someone like Cullen Bunn might have use for her. And to be honest I will love to see Emma joining Magneto. Can you imagine her in the new incarnation of the ACOLYTES?

And one thing I would love to see beside Emma...Spiral...will be the best yet. She need to appear in this badass issues with Mag...lol.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma is pretty much done now.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cutter

Emma is pretty much done now.

That's why I think she would be better off with Magneto. I think that would be a better place for her now.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time:

Now that this thread mentioned it, emma hasnt had any interaction with jean yet and they go to the same school, weird. Also jean had interactions with cyclops but not emma, I guess bendis wants you to keep buying his books for the suspence

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By HexThis

Emma is having the same problems as Mystique currently, a lot of writers are misinterpreting her complexities as damning flaws. They take one facet of Emma and make it everything, usually it's her snobbishness or her jealousy or bitchiness. She comes in, pisses off the nearest girl with a catty remark, cozies up to Scott, and proposes a vicious plan of attack. If you read "Torn" from Whedon's Astonishing X-men run, that is what Emma is supposed to be, she's self-aware and extremely intelligent but very morally-conflicted.

Lately, all I've seen is bitchy Emma who's an accessory to Scott. She needs some independence, her character was around for like 20 years without being involved with Scott at all.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

Funny that someone came up with this thread of Emma.

Poor Emma...I have a feeling she's gonna end up like Magneto. From villain to hero and from hero to villain. What if I say she will probably be better off with Magneto and join him in believing his cause? Seeing her going no where...facing limbo is the least I want for her. If she leave Cyclops (like Mag did) only because Bendis have other plan for Jean, then, what make you guys think she will be the hero on her own...when I don't think she ever fit in those heroes shoes anymore. And speaking of Emma joining Magneto...I found an article of Magneto issue #5...here's the quote...that put me to think.

"Magneto continues his crusade of safeguarding the future of mutantkind by what ever means he deems necessary, all the white pursued by agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. But now someone new is hot on the trail of the Master of Magnetism someone with ties to his past. Will she be his greatest ally or his downfall or both?"

Now...I'm not saying it might be Emma...obviously it can be anybody. But What If? What if "she" might be Emma? I can't get too hope up thinking the reason for Bendis not doing anything with her characterization because someone like Cullen Bunn might have use for her. And to be honest I will love to see Emma joining Magneto. Can you imagine her in the new incarnation of the ACOLYTES?

And one thing I would love to see beside Emma...Spiral...will be the best yet. She need to appear in this badass issues with Mag...lol.

This I agree but, again, where r u getting these information? U gotta have some kind of connection lol. Seem so accurate and let hope the person from the quote is Emma.

As for Emma, I really feel bad for her characterization being on limbo. Knowing Marvel, they might mislead her just like they did with Jean Grey. I don't know what to say but, Marvel might put her in a white room also lol. Who knows what Marvel will do with her? And joining Magneto would be the best place for her, agree. I truly can't wait to C who this "she" might be lol.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys :)

I think that they have plans for her, but sadly outside of the X-Men. She will have a major role in Original Sin(only mutant female character to be addressed as being relevant in the event, confirmed by Aaron, Alonso and Bleeding Cool) and, as Newsarama suggested, there are chances for her to get an ongoing after the event(alongside the other "secret investigators", Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man...), since there are going to be five ongoings that will directly spill out from the event, and one of them is a female-leading ongoing(and being Emma the only female character that is confirmed to have a role, alongside Gamora, I bet that one of these two will get the ongoing).

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:

Hi guys :)

I think that they have plans for her, but sadly outside of the X-Men. She will have a major role in Original Sin(only mutant female character to be addressed as being relevant in the event, confirmed by Aaron, Alonso and Bleeding Cool) and, as Newsarama suggested, there are chances for her to get an ongoing after the event(alongside the other "secret investigators", Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man...), since there are going to be five ongoings that will directly spill out from the event, and one of them is a female-leading ongoing(and being Emma the only female character that is confirmed to have a role, alongside Gamora, I bet that one of these two will get the ongoing).

Hi Veitha, long time no see. I hope this means your back, so Welcome Back :D

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she had her time already. 2nd mutation, cuckoos, phoenix host, broke up jean and scott, shattered diamond form, but jean is back, she may be teen jean but it is obvious that marvel is focusing on her. it may take awhile before emma would be on the spotlight again

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By tomasmaclgh

In my perfect world, there's going to be an issue where Emma really talks to the Cuckoos about their mother/daughters situation. Then she is going to get pregnant with Ruby. After that, if she's completely taken out of the book for some issues, just a background character or goes back to JGS, I'd be totally fine with.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she had her time already. 2nd mutation, cuckoos, phoenix host, broke up jean and scott, shattered diamond form, but jean is back, she may be teen jean but it is obvious that marvel is focusing on her. it may take awhile before emma would be on the spotlight again

Yeah im a huge jean grey fan but even i feel sorry for Emma fading into the background. Also when jean is gone again, emma would be front and center again like in dark reign.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: 5 ongoings? Are these solos or what?

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: yeah, solo series. Here's the link to the interview(and here Newsarama suggested that a series may be Emma's) http://www.newsarama.com/20772-axel-alonso-tries-to-keep-original-sins-secrets.html

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Emma has a solos series, that will be good. Marvel just need to get her away from Cyclops.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Eeshaan1685

Emma will join the JGS and be the new headmistress there. Wolverine and Storm broke up so Emma should be able to fulfil the role of Logan's love-interest in Storm's place.

And wb Veitha.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@avenger85: Oh god no, they'd be a horrible couple.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By time1

@avenger85 said:

Emma will join the JGS and be the new headmistress there. Wolverine and Storm broke up so Emma should be able to fulfil the role of Logan's love-interest in Storm's place.

Logan and Emma as couple, no thanks. It would be nice to have Emma at the school.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@avenger85: Oh god no, they'd be a horrible couple.

Oh god yes. Match made in heaven.

@time said:

@avenger85 said:

Logan and Emma as couple, no thanks. It would be nice to have Emma at the school.

They're made for each other.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if "the best body money could buy" was Morrison's idea, or it have existed before him?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.