Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Do you guys keep your comic issues after buying an omnibus?

TennisGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TennisGuy

Hey everyone,

So, do you guys keep your original comic issues, if you bought the omnibus or do you sell them? The reason I ask is because I have the original AOA issues, but I don't know if I want to sell them because I may want to keep them for nostalgia or so I don't damage the omnibus from reading it so much (never read the epic before?) Thank you all for your insight/feedback, it is greatly appreciated!!! :)

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wouldn't buy the Omnibus. I don't see any point in buying a story that I already own.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@william300: I kind of agree with you lol

I have done it once or twice and I just keep the originals as well

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I buy single issues digitally, but I'm willing to double dip if it's something I want on my shelf.

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you are a collector of the walking dead and then you buy an omnibus to read multiple times to keep the issues in good shape then that makes sense. I don't typically do both, although there are some cases where I will. To finally answer the question, no...if I bought an omni of something I already have I would not be selling the singles.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't usually buy the omnibus of a story I own. but when I do I keep both.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

try to give the comicbook away and keep the GN

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had this dilemma a while ago. It is really up to you. Here are the questions I asked myself. Do you feel any sort of attachment to your comics? If so, is it really easier to read them as an omnibus rather than the individual issue? If not, why are you keeping the single issues at all?

All in all, I decided to just keep the issues and I just never bought the omnibus.

Alias99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I own the original issues then the only reason I would buy the Omnibus is because I *REALLY* liked the story and want to read it again, and I personally find that easier than unwrapping each individual issue. Plus the Omnibus looks really cook on my book shelf, vs. cardboard boxes that I can't see inside.
    Whether or not I keep the original issues typically depends on if I own a complete run of a comic that was turned into an Omnibus (e.g. Remender's Uncanny X-Men) vs. an Omnibus that is compiled of stories of some particular writer. Or it might be that I have a sentimental attachment to the issues (for example the Kitty Pryde and Wolverine miniseries from the 80's). Okay not an Omnibus but a TPB so same concept of owning both. As another example (again not Omnibus but same point) I plan to pick up the Fraction Uncanny X-Men TPBs ... in this case I would likely depart with the individual issues.
    Your mileage my vary :-)

Avatar image for thesmallvillefan12
    TheSmallvillefan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Generally I do. The only reason I get omnibus is so I can reread easier. I've gotten to the point where with so many books its not as easy to just pull out a series for rereading so I get an omnibus to sit on my bookshelf to revisit easier.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.