Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Do we want the real Jean Grey Back

• 56 results
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Edited By time1

Poll Do we want the real Jean Grey Back (62 votes)

Yes 52%
    No 32%
    Maybe 11%
    Not bothered 5%

We have Teen Jean Grey and we had future Jean Grey. Do you guys want the real Jean Grey back. Please vote and please give your reason for choice.

• 
    Sky_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

yes

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's one corpse that can keep rotting.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's one corpse that can keep rotting.

Although Emma did say she "rates below a corpse", lol......

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

If they do bring her back, then she should never be killed off again. Ever. The writers need to either keep her dead or keep her alive. Permanently. With that in mind, I guess I would like to see her return because of how she could affect the dynamic of the current X-Men teams. However, if she's going to be resurrected, she better be written well. When Jean Grey's not written well, she's the most boring member of the X-Men.

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teen jean is a beast, if old jean comes back jeen (young jean - teen jean) will become pointless just like hope summers, unless. . .

I think one of the reasons the O5 are in the present is to pass judgement on their older counterparts, currently the most relevant O5 in my opinion are: Jeen and cyke. Jean because she's in a way replacing her older counterpart and teenclops because he is here as the only person in the whole MU with the right to judge cyclops for his actions, maybe not to judge but to complain on how he/she handled things according their own perspective. After all he/she is you in a way.

Now the issue with Jean is that she's regarded by many as the friggin virgin mary because she has been dead for the last 10 years, and in the comics we get a lot of "what'd jean think about that" or "jean wouldn't approve that" , people generally taking jean name and she can't complain because she's dead and using her as an ideal woman (except for emma frost).

Everyone sees her through rose tinted glasses and tend to forgot or diminish her flaws (and the issue with the planet of broccoli people), young jean mentioned (in a moment of rage) that she consider her legacy as %$&%$, she's the right person to judge old jean for her actions. Now if old jean comes back she'd have to confront and give explanations to jeen, and the real trial of jean grey would begin. Questions like "If you loved cyclops and married him why you were making out with logan? in his back or viceversa or confornting her about her multiple deaths or saying something like "I've seen your whole life, I don't know why the fools at the academy hold you in high regards, I wasn't that impressed" or even "you've been defined by a parrot that's brought death and misery, I intend to be more than that" old jean would answer "There are things that only I can show you" and to put the nail in the coffin jeen will answer "I've reading them from your memories since we started this lil chit chat, the funny part is that you didn't even noticed".

Now I believe that if jeen judges old jean and considers her pathetic all jean fans will outrage and maybe split between jeen and old jean if they both co exist. Now that'd be left to editorial decisions, a battle of jean greys to see wich one can appeal to the most readers and sell more. The way jeen seems to be heading will involve a large power growth, maybe to an X man level when she could acquire means to stop her multiple deaths and become something like "superior jean grey" to be matched vs "phoenix jean grey". Of course they wouldn't have brought jean back just to be sent in the backburner, but if they can keep jeen appeal to younger audiences they'll do it. Mening they have two jean greys to help em sell books, one would appeal to younger audicences and the other to die hard fans

Warhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, absolutely.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.