Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Do the X-Men costumes bother anyone else...?

• 52 results
    Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@adamtrmm:

@adamtrmm said:
    @oldnightcrawler said:

Because they look good.

I'm not even going to argue that they don't look silly, but they don't look any sillier than what most superheroes wear (or, are, for that matter), and they look a lot cooler than most, to me anyway.

While Emma and Magik's pretty terrible costumes don't offer much, the superiority of the male half is obvious for me. I love the most recent interpretations of how sci-fi design should look like, Scott and Magnus right now fit that interpretation. As an ex-paratrooper, I know that the line between silly uniform looking and the badass one (military tunic) is almost fully lies in the way you're wearing it, so I can get the parallel, but don't tell me you're not seeing it here:

To me your examples show more how some artists make the costumes look worse and some make them look better, which, besides being a matter of artistic preference, I guess is like what you're saying about "the way you're wearing it"..

but to me they all still look equally silly (and I'm okay with that).

we were promised that kitty would get a new outfit and she didnt. Better not trust bendis next time

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#52  Edited By oldnightcrawler
    @adamtrmm said:

@oldnightcrawler:

If they all feel the same to you than this is where we differ.

those don't all feel the same to me (although they are all silly, just not in the same way)

but these all feel the same to me.

If we differ on that point, so be it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.