did Kitty ever thank Magneto?

#1 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

y'know, for bringing her back from space? it looked like it almost killed him, and, y'know, they used to be friends..

#2 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty is kind of ungrateful. She hasn't thanked anyone over the last decade or two.

#3 Posted by Teerack (7058 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: @Rickbarry: Not like he deserves any thanks really he knew she was alive and instead of telling someone just kept tabs on her so he could use her as a tool to gain the trust of the x-men.

#4 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: mm, seems like a lot of obvious character moments got glossed over on Utopia, what with most characters relegated to the background most of the time.. so you're sure she never did? that does seem a bit sloppy..

#5 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: did she know that?

#6 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: He was depowered for a majority of the time, right? He knew as much as Mr. Fantastic/Stark and they couldn't do much to bring her back either.

#7 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

@Rickbarry: mm, seems like a lot of obvious character moments got glossed over on Utopia, what with most characters relegated to the background most of the time.. so you're sure she never did? that does seem a bit sloppy..

I agree that the moment that everyone was on Utopia, too many characters were thrown to the background, so it would be hard to tell if she ever thanked him or not. Also, maybe I'm missing a few stories, but I don't think that Kitty and Magneto had really interacted with each other that much recently.

#8 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be an off-panel assumption. Incorporating something like that into a book might have come off a bit stiff considering they don't have much interaction with each other, although it could have been interesting if handled properly.

#9 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

It well be a plot point for letting him or scott,s team go a favour for a favour sort of thing.

#10 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: the only period in X-men history when Iceman never had an opinion..

@lykopis: they used to interact. Kitty stood up for him against Freedom Force before he'd even joined the team, and after his trail he would have been her teacher. Actually, I'm pretty sure that Magneto thinking that he'd accidentally killed her was what made him reform in the first place.. just seems a bit sloppy to disregard all of that great history.

#11 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

@lykopis: they used to interact. Kitty stood up for him against Freedom Force before he'd even joined the team, and after his trail he would have been her teacher. Actually, I'm pretty sure that Magneto thinking that he'd accidentally killed her was what made him reform in the first place.. just seems a bit sloppy to disregard all of that great history.

Sorry, I meant recently but yes -- very good point. Disregarding history seems to be a growing trend in some X-Books, unfortunately.

#12 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

More importantly, did she thank Bobby?

#13 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

For what?

#14 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip said:

@John Valentine said:

For what?

For all the sex.

#15 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@Backflip said:

@John Valentine said:

For what?

For all the sex.

Psssh, it's not over yet and Kitty's the type of girl that wants it all, so I'm guessing she's just waiting to thank him :P

#16 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip said:

@John Valentine said:

@Backflip said:

@John Valentine said:

For what?

For all the sex.

Psssh, it's not over yet and Kitty's the type of girl that wants it all, so I'm guessing she's just waiting to thank him :P

oh,you guys..

#17 Posted by Imperius_Rex (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Man that was such and intense moment. That moment really turned me on to mags. And cats never thank firemen that get them out of a tree. Why would this one? Lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.