Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Did anyone else love this scene?

• 72 results
    jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Did anyone else love the scene where the Stepford Cuckoos attacked Jean mentally and then Emma stopped them by saying ''Aaand Scene" Sorry I don't have the scans, could someone post some?

jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No. I didn't.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

No. I disagree with Jean's behavior,but Emma's was no better.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved it! Jean deserved that and now she has learned her lesson. People were telling her to stop but she was so stubborn in getting what she wanted no matter how wrong it was. The retaliation was called for and she got a taste of her own medicine. I loved it so much! But I loved this scene more...

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By oldnightcrawler

I loved it! Jean deserved that and now she has learned her lesson. People were telling her to stop but she was so stubborn in getting what she wanted no matter how wrong it was. The retaliation was called for and she got a taste of her own medicine. I loved it so much! But I loved this scene more...

No Caption Provided

yeah, pretty much this.

The premise of this series is a bit whack, but I get that the idea is to introduce both the original team and the current teams to new readers, so at least they're using that to make the most of the fact that half of the characters are students and the rest are teachers. It establishes the idea of the school as being central to the premise, while simultaneously establishing why people have a reason to be afraid of mutants. It's actually a pretty great economy of style, for what it is.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Only the die-hard fans of UXM and/or ANXM would "love" this scene in any respect, which isn't saying much, but it's understandable.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only the die-hard fans of UXM and/or ANXM would like this scene in any respect, which isn't saying much, but it's understandable.

I don't consider myself a die-hard fan of either of those books, honestly, I could go either way on either of them. But I like them.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Not much but I enojyed it for the simple fact that I hate Jean Grey.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I loved that scene, that's my profile image lol

t3hLomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the art...

But I found the scene to be kind of uncomfortable.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really. I didn't like how Emma had to gain her "vengeance" through three teenage girls and did nothing basically.

NightHaunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, felt like bullying. But I always hated Emma and I'm enjoying young Jean.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Two wrongs don't make a right. Didn't like the scene.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really. I didn't like how Emma had to gain her "vengeance" through three teenage girls and did nothing basically.

I wouldn't consider giving Jean a taste of her own medicine to be bullying or vengeance. What reason would Emma have for wanting revenge on Jean, anyway, especially this one?

Given the way she's been abusing her powers, why shouldn't she be made to know what that feels like?

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Madame_Mist

@madame_mist said:

@nighthaunter said:

I wouldn't consider giving Jean a taste of her own medicine to be bullying or vengeance. What reason would Emma have for wanting revenge on Jean, anyway, especially this one?

Given the way she's been abusing her powers, why shouldn't she be made to know what that feels like?

For the last 10 years Jean Grey has been the source of Emma's insecurities. I think it was in UXM #2 when she basically wished she could blame all her problems on Jean. Add in the fact that Scott's still hung up on her, Emma definitely does not like Jean no matter what form.

I viewed her as giving her a taste on her medicine thing as a shot at when Jean basically raided her mind in New X-Men.

When it comes to Jean Grey, it's personal for Emma.

NightHaunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NightHaunter

@oldnightcrawler:

Emma didn't just give her a taste of her own medicine though. She had the Cuckoos hurt her when Jean had only been ordering people around. That might be justifiable to a point but even when Scott told Emma to stop she kept going. She looks extremely proud of herself for it too.

Emma has already shown her dislike for both Jeans in her dialogue over the past few Uncanny issues. It's natural that giving their history she might be uncomfortable.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@ssejllenrad said:

No Caption Provided

How does she deserve a lesson on what not to do with telepathy from Emma and the Cuckoos? Emma is the queen of use your telepathy anyway you see fit and has taught the Cuckoos to be the same way. She even had a lesson is her advanced telepathy class for looking in on the thoughts of your favorite celebs and implanting erotic suggestions into the minds of other (or something to that degree), this is what she was teaching kids, now there is a kid that would basically excel in her advanced tp class and she somehow needs to be taught a lesson about restraint from Emma Frost and her mini-mes?. I don't see this as a lesson, only as a "finally she is has less skill than us but it will still take more than one of us to do anything to her, jump her". It's like Apocalypse teaching people to help the weak, it's nonsense!

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

'AAAND SCENE!' That part had me dying! Moments like these are when I <3 Emma.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

@lykopis: Elaborate :p

I agree with those who said the scene with Kitty resonated far more deeply. And the dig at Spidey made me chuckle...and then remember my hatred for Slott.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: I don't think that it's just a lesson about how using telepathy and other stuff like that.

Emma has never liked the fact that everyone considered Jean Grey a "sacred cow", they saw her as a saint and they kept seeing her this way even when she did a bad thing(for example when she and the Phoenix attacked Emma during NXM, it was a bad thing but then no one cared because it was Jean, while if Emma had attacked Jean that way she would have been exiled from the school lol), and even now that she is acting like this in front of everyone they kept doing nothing, so Emma wanted to show Jean and especially the others what she was doing, and I think that she helped Jean a lot this way, now she won't mind manipulate her teammates anymore.

And she wanted a little revenge on the redhead lol

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

@madame_mist said:

@nighthaunter said:

For the last 10 years Jean Grey has been the source of Emma's insecurities. I think it was in UXM #2 when she basically wished she could blame all her problems on Jean. Add in the fact that Scott's still hung up on her, Emma definitely does not like Jean no matter what form.

I viewed her as giving her a taste on her medicine thing as a shot at when Jean basically raided her mind in New X-Men.

When it comes to Jean Grey, it's personal for Emma.

yeah, I guess I could see that.

@oldnightcrawler:

Emma didn't just give her a taste of her own medicine though. She had the Cuckoos hurt her when Jean had only been ordering people around. That might be justifiable to a point but even when Scott told Emma to stop she kept going. She looks extremely proud of herself for it too.

Emma has already shown her dislike for both Jeans in her dialogue over the past few Uncanny issues. It's natural that giving their history she might be uncomfortable.

Sure, but, whether or not Emma can take the moral high ground on this issue, or even be given credit for it, since it was actually the Cuckoos who did it, it was a lesson that Jean needed to learn. This type of lesson, even if it's only remembered subliminally, could be part of why she grows up to be the way she was. And, as smug as Emma's being, really all she actually did was get the Cuckoos to stop.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Not really.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Veitha

Emma and fans are the only ones that feel this way about Jean IMO. First of all it was only Jean that attacked Emma not The Phoenix ( we've been through this before). Second to act as if Jean was just flexing and attacking Emma for no reason is biased. She just caught the woman with her husband and then was taunted about the situation. Jean didn't get a pass for doing this, nobody was pleased with what she did to Emma. If it were Emma that attacked Jean instead, Emma would look worse because outside of clear jealousy or revenge Emma would have no reason to attack Jean. The others already knew what Jean was doing some how having Emma by way of Cuckoo attack show them seems petty, and hypocritical. Emma didn't care about manipulating team mates when she took advantage of Scott's insecurities. Point is Emma is a grown woman and this Jean is not, you'd think she'd know better. How is her (jean) using her powers the way she was any different than how young Emma used hers? If this Emma trying to prove a point then the only one she proved was that adult Jean was a better person than her and worthy of her supposed praise which is why she used an early version to try to show that little girl telepathsthat don't respect boundaries end up like Emma.

Lessons are not so easily taught to 16 year olds, it teaches her anything it should be to never underestimate your opponent, because I don't see how trying to convince a person through attack to reel themselves in is a valuable tool when they have a upcoming battle with another telepath that behaves just like Emma does as far as using their powers go.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

I loved the Scene and I dont hate either character, so i consider myself pretty unbiased i actually like both females alot lol.

But Current Jean is acting like a spoiled brat and it was good, and i believe in character (even if it was bulling im not going to get into that arguement lol) for what Emma and the Stepford sisters did, so i enjoyed it. I am sure Jean will get her revenge or look awesome later, but it does build up and i think it was what Jean needed to stop abusing her powers, esp after the convo with her and Shadowcat, i think she will be better now

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Jean needed a lesson about abusing power it certainly should not come from the queen of abusing power and her disciples. This just seems like Marvel finally allowing Emma and Cuckoos getting revenge for Warsong, knowing this is their only window of opportunity. I want more that ever for Rachel to meet Jean now and want a piece of that action.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the delivery of that line was kind of corny - I see what they were going for (I think) but it doesn't seem that witty and their faces look weird. On another level, I'm trying to figure out when X-Men artists transition to such a dramatic, almost manga-esque, style of action.

NerdCaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jojo111: loved it, Emma and her theatrics and the Cuckoo's paying heed to her again is pretty funny. Teen Jean needed to get chastised somehow and if Kitty and the JGS staff are too in love with her to tell her to learn how to control her powers before using them forcefully, then it might as well be from Emma and the Cuckoos.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@nerdcaver said:

@jojo111: loved it, Emma and her theatrics and the Cuckoo's paying heed to her again is pretty funny. Teen Jean needed to get chastised somehow and if Kitty and the JGS staff are too in love with her to tell her to learn how to control her powers before using them forcefully, then it might as well be from Emma and the Cuckoos.

And that's why it makes absolutely no sense! Emma and Cuckoos have had next to no morals in the past when it comes to using telepathy. This was not some lesson to teach Jean about what not to do with her powers, it was the same lesson Emma wanted Rachel to learn...you may be more powerful but I am more skilled, nothing more and nothing less, except out of spite, the loving teacher (sarcasm) has no desire to teach the young girl the right way. As I pointed out before this was only made possible because Jean is "new" to her powers (which is just bad writing because there is nothing to suggest she went for years as a tk and didn't remember the power she was initially trained in, which was telepathy) and they jumped her! All this would teach most young people is next time fight them hoes one on one and then see who wins.

Kinda reminds me of those thrashy mothers on youtube and worldstar videos that watch their daughters and friends beat up one girl while they (bird momma) cheers them on, then wants to end it quick when the cops or people for the other girls side are about to get involved.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@tdk_1997 said:

THIS!!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Jean but I hate this new young rendition of her. WPOTC Jean should come down from the skies and teach dumb*ss young Jean a lesson.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: well, if I had found out that someone was cheating on me I wouldn't have tried to mind-rape my rival lol

Emma and the Cuckoos aren't good girls, but I've seen this more as an act of revenge than true teaching, and now we are pretty sure that Jean won't try to do that any more, she's learned the lesson. Auntie Frost educational methods have worked again (just kidding :P)

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By Squalleon

@tdk_1997 said:

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

No. I disagree with Jean's behavior,but Emma's was no better.

Quote Notification! Also, I agree with this!

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Professor X placed blocks in Jean's mind that prevented her from remembering telepathy or her training in it. But I also didn't really like the scene and felt it was contrived since Emma has always been creative and rather open about her use of telepathy. I guess the lesson had more to do with teaching Jean that someone bigger and badder would put her in her place if she kept it up.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe a change of name is required for the school.

'Mutant Hypocrite Circus for Slackers' should do just fine IMHO.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@nerdcaver said:

And that's why it makes absolutely no sense! Emma and Cuckoos have had next to no morals in the past when it comes to using telepathy. This was not some lesson to teach Jean about what not to do with her powers, it was the same lesson Emma wanted Rachel to learn...you may be more powerful but I am more skilled, nothing more and nothing less, except out of spite, the loving teacher (sarcasm) has no desire to teach the young girl the right way. As I pointed out before this was only made possible because Jean is "new" to her powers (which is just bad writing because there is nothing to suggest she went for years as a tk and didn't remember the power she was initially trained in, which was telepathy) and they jumped her! All this would teach most young people is next time fight them hoes one on one and then see who wins.

Kinda reminds me of those thrashy mothers on youtube and worldstar videos that watch their daughters and friends beat up one girl while they (bird momma) cheers them on, then wants to end it quick when the cops or people for the other girls side are about to get involved.

LOL.

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the scene not because I think Emma is better than Jean. But because Jean was causing havoc in the school with her powers and no one was doing anything to stop her. Se pratically "mind-rapped" Angel, this is unacceptable!!!

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Se pratically "mind-rapped" Angel, this is unacceptable!!!

A mind-rap?

Sounds funky! :D

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 the_stegman  Moderator

@nerdcaver said:

Absolutely agree. Especially the part about Emma and the Cuckoos not exactly being the best role models on the responsiblity of telepathy. Heck, the same week the Cuckoos went back to join the Uncanny X-Men and made that one new healing mutant forget his name just for THINKING perverted thoughts about them and threatened to make him forget his gender if he did it again. Yeah, they never use their telepathy irresponsibly..and don't get me started on Frost.

NerdCaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NerdCaver

they're not trying to be role models, they weren't even trying to teach her a lesson, it wasn't about that.

they were trying to make her stop attacking them for no reason except she wanted to throw a hissy fit at warren. which is understandable, seeing as they shouldn't separate nonetheless BE THERE.

the only lesson she was supposed to receive was that she can't just use her powers to make people do what she wants. Emma is not a good role model and neither are the Cuckoos, they weren't trying to be. It's just a given that Jean should understand there are consequences when she uses force she doesn't understand yet, whether that's attacking the Xavier team who really didn't do anything to provoke her, or manipulating Warren.

I like this o5 storyline, I like teen Jeen. I think sometimes we forget she's always kind of had her bitch moments, but that's what I like about her character, she's not perfect, but she's still pretty cool in the end. It's just showing people that the O5 were just kids and they weren't always the superheroes they are now.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who doesnt think is a horrible tyrant and hypocrite is crazy. Genocide of billions, "Im going to judge Scott." Scott is using mutants as weapons in an evil war, "I control my best friends mind." She deserves worse, and this scene and the one where Young Scott just hands her their wedding invite and stomps away, have been the most satisfying scenes

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@phoenixofthetides said:

@lordofallhumans: Professor X placed blocks in Jean's mind that prevented her from remembering telepathy or her training in it. But I also didn't really like the scene and felt it was contrived since Emma has always been creative and rather open about her use of telepathy. I guess the lesson had more to do with teaching Jean that someone bigger and badder would put her in her place if she kept it up.

I'm aware of the blocks on her power but, is him erasing her memories of telepathy something new or did I miss something? I asked because we actually saw in her origins story how he locked her telepathy up but she was still aware that it was there, she just couldn't use it. When he unlocked it she seemed to be able to use it pretty well, then she became Phoenix and then she had no telepathy and then it was unlocked and suddenly she had skill and power second only to Xavier, without much training. I was under the impression that she was still training based on an Xmen comic I bought back in that day that had one of those side stories as a bonus in the back and it showed him privately teaching her how to create telepathic images of Scott. I understand why he would block the power but why would he block the memories and training behind it?

I say it's bad writing because Jean went from having no telepathy to being the second most powerful telepath in a world full of telepaths, so even if he did block the memories, they would be part of the same block that held the telepathy, so once the block was removed the skill should have returned with the power, like it did when the block was removed the first time (after it was retconned to be a block)...does that make sense?

I still think it was more petty than having anything to do with a real lesson, Jean may take something away from this, but it was not, IMO the reason for what happened. As a hormonal 16 year girl they better hope she doesn't take away "hit em hard and hit fast" from this experience. I think there should be a reckoning, just because these are kids and that is what kids do. If they just make Jean get over it and move on and have some great epiphany then they are setting her up to become the same character that some many people think is perfect. She needs to get down and dirty so people can see why the people that love Jean do love her, she isn't just some one dimensional character that is all about doing the right thing, she has a temper and as of now all I've seen is her losing control and being bitchy a little, but not this furnace of violent emotions she is supposed to be. How could she forget that she has tk when she is using tp? She get's telepathically overwhelmed and doesn't unleash a tk wave? She's done it before why not now? Did I miss something were they supposed to be preventing her from using both psi powers at once? (even though nothing like this has ever happened to Jean that I can recall)

@ deaditegonzo

If you are talking about Jean, this isn't a tyrant or a hypocrite. This a 16 year old girl that has only heard about the Phoenix from the memories of others, she has committed no such act of genocide. Further more unlike others Dark Phoenix was not Jean hosting the Phoenix, it was the Phoenix making itself flesh and a portion of Jeans soul losing control over the actual Phoenix Force wanting to feel despite the character it got from Jean, and that little bit of Jean drove the Phoenix to suicide.

She deserves worse than the Phoenix 5? Dark Phoenix killed herself, and Jean has to live with what it did using her name and likeness forever. They were aware of what they were they were doing. Please don't give me that Phoenix controlled them crap either. Emma has always done morally ambiguous things, and Scott has been since Apocalypse. I hope nobody believes that a always scheming half demon hell lord, an avatar of a demon god and an arrogant prince that usually shows nothing but disdain for surface folks were only corrupted due to the Phoenix? It's a cop-out, they were real tyrants and prepared to commit acts of genocide regardless of their original good intentions (of which I only think Scott and maybe Pioter even had).

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Well, IIRC, that Origins story was actually a retcon, and written after the first run of this lineup. In the comicbooks, when Charles first started training her in the use of telepathy, she wasn't that skillful with it as you can see in the "Female of the Species" bio-short that featured Jean (one was produced for each member of the team). So even though Charles unlocked her telepathy to help her maintain the ruse that the Changeling was really him, she wasn't shown as having that much skill at first. So I think there was a lot of retcons that makes it difficult to really pinpoint the state of her skill level. It gets more complicated considering how it was unlocked in this current storyline given that she had already graduated in the original run when she started practicing her telepathy and was more mature, and it was unlocked in her at a much younger age this time before she could gain the maturity of a grown woman to handle a telepathic assault. Plus telepathic defense training wasn't really drilled into the 05 at that point - I don't think we ever really saw the X-Men go through this training until the Giant Size lineup.

I agree that this wasn't a real effective lesson but I've been saying that I'm not impressed with the run and unfortunately, since I do have writing/editing experience, this seems more like its' pitched for a less observant customer.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Well, IIRC, that Origins story was actually a retcon, and written after the first run of this lineup. In the comicbooks, when Charles first started training her in the use of telepathy, she wasn't that skillful with it as you can see in the "Female of the Species" bio-short that featured Jean (one was produced for each member of the team). So even though Charles unlocked her telepathy to help her maintain the ruse that the Changeling was really him, she wasn't shown as having that much skill at first. So I think there was a lot of retcons that makes it difficult to really pinpoint the state of her skill level. It gets more complicated considering how it was unlocked in this current storyline given that she had already graduated in the original run when she started practicing her telepathy and was more mature, and it was unlocked in her at a much younger age this time before she could gain the maturity of a grown woman to handle a telepathic assault. Plus telepathic defense training wasn't really drilled into the 05 at that point - I don't think we ever really saw the X-Men go through this training until the Giant Size lineup.

I agree that this wasn't a real effective lesson but I've been saying that I'm not impressed with the run and unfortunately, since I do have writing/editing experience, this seems more like its' pitched for a less observant customer.

I get that, I'm not saying by this age she should be a master or she should have the know how to fight 3 powerful better trained telepaths. I just don't like how it is being treated like she has no idea what telepathy is and that she has it, she should at least know the basics and not be so shocked by having it.

Completely agree with your assessment, maybe my time as an X-men fan has come to an end, I haven't been impressed by anything they have churned out in years. There have been some great ideas with some good stories, but no actual great stories IMO.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

Meh

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
    The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madame_mist said:

@nighthaunter said:

name a psychic who didnt use their psychic powers(emma, charles,exodus, mr.sinister)??? the only one i could think of was adult jean grey

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By GonnaRain

I loved it, right or wrong... whatevs.

And I don't really hate Jean, I just hate how every single X-Man considers her a Goddess, and it's not Jean's fault so... yeah.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O.K I liked the scene even if it confused me somewhat the cuuko's have always being there own woman and less emma mini's. Having emma in the scene felt forced and a bit of fan service for all those who wanted to see the two lady's face off. Considering emma's condition dose she really want to be pissing off a teenage jean grey with control issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.