Diamond Form Question

#1 Posted by Mystrogue (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, so Emma Frost said she has had plastic surgery. Why can't we see any plastic inside her when she's in diamond form??

*She can't be using her powers to give us the illusion of nothing there because her mental powers do not work in Diamond form.

#2 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mystrogue: well, her secondary mutation of being able to change to a diamond form was the result of genetic tampering by Cassandra Nova; given how powerful Cassandra is, it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that she could have altered Emma's natural physical state as well. We certainly didn't see any kind of implants fall out when she was shattered and put back together in Morrison's run.

#3 Edited by Veitha (2741 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe she changes them into diamond too: during Morrison's run when she and Cyclops were captured by John Sublime, he touched her lips and said that she had organic diamond lipstick, so she's turned her lipstick into diamond too. Maybe she can do that to the implants, too.

#4 Posted by Mystrogue (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: I was about to mention the shattering. Is this the one you're talking about?

#5 Posted by Mystrogue (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha: But shouldn't that be listed in her powers? Changing attached/internal materials to diamond.

#6 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mystrogue said:

@dangallant984: I was about to mention the shattering. Is this the one you're talking about?

yeah, that time.

@Mystrogue said:

@Veitha: But shouldn't that be listed in her powers? Changing attached/internal materials to diamond.

I think the idea is that if it's part of her body it doesn't count as a separate thing, but that is an interesting point. "Field of influence" type powers are always confusing the more you think about them, just look at Multiple man; but I think it's largely up to the interpretation of the specific writer, which is generally for the best.

#7 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mystrogue said:

Lol. Sage is the best.

#8 Posted by Mystrogue (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: I swear I have Sages power. When my computer freezes I can link with it and get everything working again haha.

#9 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it just was a poorly detailed story that excused its own flaws....lol.

#10 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Mystrogue said:

Lol. Sage is the best.

:)

#11 Posted by Lordhuck (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does the Hulk never rip through the crotch of his pants??  Because artists have better things to do than trying to hide a 20 inch Hulk dong in every panel. 

Nobody wants to draw Emma's implants.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.