Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

death seed yo

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

so after reading that somewhat dissapointing astonishing arc with iceman and the death seed, seeing what it does to mutants is very interesting. similar to when apocalypse turns beings into horsemen, its interesting on how the power twists that person, into a new being with interesting twists on their powers. after seeing what it did to mystique and iceman, my question is, which mutant would you wanna see "deathamatized" and how do you think it would twist their powers?

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@powerzone789: I dunno, I really like the recent arc in Astonishing X-Men, myself, but mostly because it was a really solid Iceman story.

That said, after seeing so many classic X-men characters Apocalypsed (Archangel, Caliban, Cyclops, Wolverine, Sunfire, Gambit, and now Iceman and Mystique), not to mention the many others who have been possessed by destructive forces (like Xavier spawning Onslaught, Colossus becoming the Juggernaut, or any of the ten characters who have been the Phoenix), I have to admit it's an approach to developing characters that I've seen more than enough of.

With the notable exceptions of Kitty and Nightcrawler, I don't know if there's even any classic X-men who haven't been corrupted by one evil force or another. I suppose they could start doing it to the younger characters like the New Mutants or the New X-men, but I'd honestly rather see something new.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

the ending was the only thing disappointing about that arc...the rest of it finally showcased what Bobby is capable of and how powerful he really is...and then it just...ended.....the sad thing is that the events of the book will probably never be referenced in any other book

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#4  Edited By knighthood
    No Caption Provided

Angel Salavadore

Perhaps the Death Seed could reawaken her mutant powers then augment them as well. Her insectoid wings could be used as weapons similar to Warren's transformation. Her sonic attacks would be much more powerful. The corrosive saliva would likely turn into some sort of plasma attack. Her insect physiology abilities would be improved as well. Especially the healing factor, wall climbing, and reproductive system. She'd pop out babies in less than 2 or 3 days and she would have some sort of queen bee control over her new born insectoid army.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

@oldnightcrawler: I agree. That's why I chose Salavadore. Nobody is using her at the moment. We might as well corrupt her.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the ending was the only thing disappointing about that arc...the rest of it finally showcased what Bobby is capable of and how powerful he really is...and then it just...ended.....the sad thing is that the events of the book will probably never be referenced in any other book

yeah, but I would also kind of hate it if Iceman became a major game changer to every major story. I think they did it in a way that makes sense: he needs to maintain his "mask" to keep him from becoming disconnected from his humanity, but at least now we've seen what his power is really capable of, as well as some of what he's hiding under there, which still makes him wearing the mask more interesting.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I agree. That's why I chose Salavadore. Nobody is using her at the moment. We might as well corrupt her.

yeah, that wouldn't bother me at all. I always liked her character, and was actually pretty disappointed that she never actually joined the team. But I guess seeing a character like her, who's been used so little, and was never particularly good to begin with, would at least make a little more sense.

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: yeah i guess it was the ending that kinda ruined it for me, it did finally show iceman to his full potential though, like mystique said, the death seed didn't make him more powerful, it just finally awakened his full power

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that is an EXCELLENT idea lol no one is using her at all,

No Caption Provided

Angel Salavadore

Perhaps the Death Seed could reawaken her mutant powers then augment them as well. Her insectoid wings could be used as weapons similar to Warren's transformation. Her sonic attacks would be much more powerful. The corrosive saliva would likely turn into some sort of plasma attack. Her insect physiology abilities would be improved as well. Especially the healing factor, wall climbing, and reproductive system. She'd pop out babies in less than 2 or 3 days and she would have some sort of queen bee control over her new born insectoid army.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: yeah i guess it was the ending that kinda ruined it for me, it did finally show iceman to his full potential though, like mystique said, the death seed didn't make him more powerful, it just finally awakened his full power

yeah, and like Deathbird said, it wasn't his great power that made him a great man, it was his level of restraint over that power.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sooo, after Remender retconned the concept of Horsemen of Death being a Celestial Death Seed possessors, should we just close our eyes on that Wolverine, Gambit and Psylocke (with her that happened and dropped by Remender himself!) all have a casual persona (a la Archangel) inside them whispering "death" from time to time? :]

That's a BUMP actually lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.