Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Days of the Future Past---the X-Men First Class Sequel?

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By oraclefyre

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/entertainment/celebrities/x-men-first-class-sequel-to-feature-time-travel-157437495.html

The 'X-Men: First Class' sequel is set to feature time travel.

The makers of the movie have registered the title 'Days Of Future Past' - which is one of the most famous story arcs from the comic book series - with the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), according to aintitcool.com.

The storyline switches between the present day and a future in which mutants are an outlawed species, following the assassination of Senator Kelly by villain Magneto (Michael Fassbender).

Kitty Pryde manages to warn her future self of the threat and the X-Men embark on a race against time to stop Magneto before it's too late.

Simon Kinberg, who also worked as a screenwriter on 'X-Men: The Last Stand' will write the script while Matthew Vaughn will once again direct.

Matthew has previously spoken about his ideas for the sequel saying he would only bring in one new character.

He explained: "We will only have one more new character. I won't say who he or she is! But we will only be bringing one more new character in. Because, I think, as Professor X (James McAvoy) is in a wheelchair, Magneto needs to have a nemesis he can fight with.

"Someone that will be his equal. I know who it is. It would be nice if I could say something, but I can't!"

Perhaps just rumours, but new details for the film have emerged for the X-Men First Class sequel. I love Days of the Future Past, but The X-Men film series has ventured more away from superhero antics to take a more realistic approach. Would a sci-fi story be able to be incorporated into it?

I personally think it might be for X-Men 4 that has been currently in development, rather than a First Class sequel.

As for the only one character being introduced? "Nemesis" doesn't necessarily have to mean "bad", just someone who opposes Eric. My guess it will probably be a new student of Xavier's. The only one I can really think of is maybe Jean Grey, as she has the potential to be his "equal", and Bryan Singer has spoken about his love for Jean Grey. But I would really love for it to be Lorna and to see the Lorna and Havok relationship on-screen.

What are your thoughts on the recent developments, or could they just be rumours?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

I don't like the wording they used here: @oraclefyre said:

One more new character. I won't say who he or she is! But we will only be bringing one more new character in. Because, I think, as Professor X (James McAvoy) is in a wheelchair, Magneto needs to have a nemesis he can fight with.

"Someone that will be his equal. I know who it is. It would be nice if I could say something, but I can't!"

I'm not sure why it's necessary for Magneto to need someone to go hand-to-hand with and considering that Professor X is an extremely powerful telepath, it seems like a lack of imagination to think a wheelchair makes him less likely to be Magneto's opponent. My money is on the Shadow King, with Magneto and Professor X teaming up to fight him in some way.

I'll reserve judgement on this since I think they are just rumours, but I don't like the limited vision this plot implies.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By oraclefyre

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

One more new character. I won't say who he or she is! But we will only be bringing one more new character in. Because, I think, as Professor X (James McAvoy) is in a wheelchair, Magneto needs to have a nemesis he can fight with.

I'm not sure why it's necessary for Magneto to need someone to go hand-to-hand with and considering that Professor X is an extremely powerful telepath, it seems like a lack of imagination to think a wheelchair makes him less likely to be Magneto's opponent. My money is on the Shadow King, with Magneto and Professor X teaming up to fight him in some way.

I'll reserve judgement on this since I think they are just rumours, but I don't like the limited vision this plot implies.

Very true. Xavier's body isn't his weapon. It's his mind.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle
    @oraclefyre said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Very true. Xavier's body isn't his weapon. It's his mind.

Magneto has a helmet that blocks his telepathy...and Xavier is in a wheelchair made out of ....dunh, dunh duh.........Metal

They are clearly looking for a physical match, which Magneto can battle, Xavier has never been this, Xavier and Magneto just usually have debates anyways, the end part of X-Men First Class was actually the biggest fight I have ever seen them have

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.