Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Days of Future Past: Honest Impressions

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

Spoiler block at 80%. One more hit and it will collapse!

Storm looking like a boss (for a while...the whole "female leader" thing) etc. And Halle really nails the role IMHO. No complaining; just acceptance and complete denial. That's the Storm I know.

No Scarlet Witch = Not a problem; really. The rumors you heard about Quicksilver having a great, amazing scene that steals most of the movie are true.

Wolverine = Not annoying. Very surprising to me. But between the AMAZING gratuitous ass and back shot, and a great performance, Hugh Jackman delivered (as his fans knew he would).

Hates: Not much. This was one of the first movies that made me feel that their powers are an integral part of their personalities. When you see Magneto walk off, knowing it's the final battle for him, and Storm do the same in an elegant, characteristic way (she says nothing, but takes off after asking the X-Men under her how they are doing and what they think), you will think..."This is Claremont X-Men.")

I was very pleased. Especially by the end.

mogo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was worried about quicksilver because he looked SO stupid. But after seeing him in the movie I think they did awesome. AND the hinted that Magneto was his dad. I loved that. Im starting to doubt that the Avengers movie will make him more Entertaining

I loved all the future scenes and did not realize Blink was so cool and valuable to the team. Overall I liked it alot

The after credits scene made drool with anticipation BUT im pretty familiar with that character and I believe moving blocks\things with his mind is not in his power set

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give it an A.
    One of the most underrated parts is how the film goes back and forth through time especially towards the climax in the final fights. Cinema orgasm.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CheeseSticks

It was amazing IMO. Sure Kitty having time travel power is strange, but this future is now erased. This was a Magneto/Xavier/Mystique/Wolverine movie, but it was beautifully done. I'd watch 10 movies of Fassbender's Magneto.

And that after-credits scene of Apocalypse, OMG.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Koays

There's a scene in X-men 157, shortly after Morrison left and his story was wrapped up by others.

The last time you saw the X-men, Jean was dead, Xavier had left, and the school was in ruins with only 3 X-men left.

The scene in 157 shows the new status quo of the time, with all the X-men, from Storm's X treme team to Havok, Nightcrawler and even retired members like Rogue and Gambit having returned in the wake of the tragedy to reopen the school and unite the X-men. Only it's not flatly stated that that's what has happened. ..Instead it's treated as the way things are an should be, with everyone at the mansion interacting as they make their way down the hall pass students and X-Men.

That's what the last scene of Days of Future Past brought to me...because even Claremont didn't encompass all those different X-Men in one like that.

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver was great! Him and Blink were my favourites

The final battle was cool and I'm so glad it didn't last forever like some films ie Avengers and Transformers 3

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By THORSON

it damn well sucked because of Quicksilver. What a shiity movie. That's what a DC/Flash FANBOY would say.

It was an amazing movie. That movie made me into a quicksilver fan, great flow. I thought the movie would have confused me but i understood it really well. Wolverine didn't hog the spotlight for once although he was in every scene.

i didn't know a midget could do well as a villain but he did very well. young magneto is a badass. Beast was cool. Warpath looked awesome. Toad looked sick.

Adding stryker into the movie really made the movie fit in well with connections.

The ending where we saw someone with the glasses made me smile.

The only things that bothered me was not seeing more bishop, colossus, warpath.

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed it! Was waiting to pick up on a bunch of errors, but I'm glad to say I didn't have to.

The acting was great, the CGI was perfect and, although Quicksilver wasn't really the Pietro I was expecting, he was bloomin' amazing!

I kindaa think they could've utilized other, non-main characters (Blink, Warpath, Bishop, Iceman, Colossus, Havok, Toad, etc.) and I was disappointed to not see Rogue, over than the small cameo at the end.

The scene where young Charles is talking to his future self almost reduced me to tears. Stewart and McAvoy were spectacular!

And, of course, the ending. *fangirls over Scott's return*

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

just watched it, and i am very happy with it.

I think what it does best is ends the first trilogy so people can stop worrying about how they fit together and move forward with the new cast. The last scene gives everyone from the original cast a happy ending while leaving it open for the new cast to do whatever they want without really fucking up the time line or whatever

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was AMAZING it had a really great flow

I really thought Quicksilver was gonna be awful but he turned out to be GREAT and really funny..

I loved how they used Blink.. her character was amazing i loved how they used her powers...

I was surprised it didnt turn out to be a WOLVERINE movie which is great. everyone had a decent amount of spotlight. well honestly i wish there were more future scenes.. it was strange for me to see Kitty have time traveling powers .. IT WOULD MAKE A LOT OF SENSE IF IT WAS A COMBINATION OF CHARLES'S TELEPATHY AND HER PHASING POWERS

I loved the Magneto and Storm teamwork with the x-jet

OVERALL GREAT MOVIE :)))

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Impeccable...this was the best of the best of the best film I ever seen of the X-Men. Congratulations Singer...congrats.

I am so happy and very happy that this film made up for all the rest of the X-Men films. I have to say I did almost cry...no joke...I did.

Let me began with Kitty, who seem to be the interesting part of the film. I guess she will have some kind of time travel power in the future...in time she will learn how to use her power differently. Impressive.

Quicksilver...oh my! Despite what people were thinking about his look...it happened to be one of the best scene I ever seen. I like the Scene from the kitchen...lol...it was so cool and so funny. I am so GLAD that Quicksilver happened to appear in the X-Men film first...and not the Avengers. I was a lil confused with the little Scarlet...lol...overall...it was a great scene we've seen from him.

Storm and Magneto...loooove their COMBO power...this was something I didn't expect from them. Magneto using the ship while Storm blew it up. Awesome...very awesome scene. I just got upset when one of the sentinel stab her from the back (I told you she was gonna have a bad day..lol).

Wolverine...glad to see that he was in all of the scenes, but it wasn't all about him...THAT what I would like to see more. Oh how much I hated Striker in this film...again.

Blink...oh my...what a good scene I had enjoyed from her. Definitely we need to see more from her. She was spectacular and well made.

Colossus, Iceman, Sunspot, Bishop, Warpath...all...well made...and well done. I loved all their scenes fighting with the Sentinels. And how bad ass were those sentinels...my GOSH...these sentinels was the best thing I ever seen of how powerful they were and their shapeshifter ability was incredible...impossible to beat...they were so indestructible...and unstoppable.

Mystique did awesome in this film...just like any other films. She was a kick ass through the whole movie and how fantastic she did.

Prof-X did make sense of why he was walking...I'm glad they did that because otherwise...it would be a shitty part of him. And as for the old Prof-X...did nothing but sitting comfortably on his chair...lol.

And at last...my Magneto...the young and old...did SO well. Despite that the young Magneto acted like a douchebag...not helping no one but himself...he was going to kill Mystique just so they won't get her DNA...he used the sentinels to kill wolverine, Beast, and everyone else that wasn't with him. And about the stadium...what an incredible scene. I like this scene better...then the one of the bridge. NOW that's the most powerful scene from Magneto. Hovering with the stadium and keeping it stable while moving to the white house...marvelous. This is the Magneto I want to see from now on.

I did enjoy this movie very much...planing to go back to see it again...lol...and I hope that for the next film of the Apocalypse will be even more awesome. The guy at the end of the films...building the pyramid...how bad was that? Apocalypse doesn't look like that...? Too young and too little for a character that is 5,000 years old. I hope Marvel doesn't f..k up the Apocalypse movie...lol

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie have a lot of good scenes. I was happy how they show everyone alive in the Xavier's school. Happy to see Jean and Scott back in the scene. THIS Singer earned it big time.

As for what CUTTER mentioned about Apocalypse, looking young and lil when he should be in his 5,000 years. I was thinking the same thing too. Could it be that in this scene might happen 5,000 years ago? Remember they show him building the pyramid and the pyramid happened around 5,000 years ago. I assume.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nerdgasmic movie, I loved it, even if Emma wasn't in it(but there was a diamond Sentinel, so it's good for me :P) but Storm, Blink and Mystique were so badass

Avatar image for en_sabah_nur_apocalypse
    en_sabah_nur_apocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok trask wasnt really a bad guy. he explained he doesnt hate mutants, its just a matter of survival for his kind. he found them fascinating. he wasnt like the comic version that hated mutants.

the movie wasnt as amazing as ppl get hyped up about after they see it. like captain america 2, tho this was better than that by far, it wasnt a great movie. it was not bad either. some where in between.

i can go on for a long time on the flaws of the movie, cause they were quite obvious and plenty , but the best thing to come out of this movie is now THE OTHER XMEN/wolverine MOVIES HAVE BEEN ERASED!!! the problem is we cant get to see the mutants we really like still because they wont be born yet, when they should be in the 1980s (iceman, colossus, etc.) id like to see cyclops be leader in the next movie, with the original team, but being there are so many unexplained and random things going on , they can do what they want anyway. alot of things could of been much improved in the past, slightly better than mediocre, way better than cap 2. but not a great movie.

after credits scene, and seeing cyclops back made me happy. the next movie should touch on the 80s, but be better if it took place in current time.

(side thoughts, xavier return unexplained, and the sentinels wouldnt copy powers from mystiques dna, thats not her ability, its a nice try , but rogue would of made sense some time in the future to explain that) also amazing ppl are questioning the time period of the post credit scene...seriously?? hes building a pyramid !!!! that was not current time! lol

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cattlebattle

(side thoughts, xavier return unexplained, and the sentinels wouldnt copy powers from mystiques dna,

Xavier being brought back to life happened at the end of X3. Also, it was never stated that Mystiques actual ability is what gives the Sentinels the ability to copy powers...its derived from her DNA, earlier in the film, Beast even calls her unique and makes a serum for himself and Xavier derived from her cells. Its that they used her DNA with advanced technology. They don't just flat out have Mystiques powers.

en_sabah_nur_apocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: ummm really? like i said xaviers return was never explained. he looks like himself and is in a wheel chair! so are we to think he never died? are we to believe he is in someone elses body and projecting his old image into everyones head to look how they remember him??? if so then why still use a wheel chair? there is no answer. they never gave one.

obviously i saw the movie, no one said they had mystiques power, but the sentinels being able to adapt to any mutant power used on them came from mystiques dna. that was said in the movie...so like i said using rogues dna would have made more sense for that, and leaving it as mystiques assassination is what lead to the having the sentinel programs beginning. thats the least of my concerns for the movie. read a little clearer.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

My favorite part was the ending when Wolverine wakes up in the "new" future. Seeing all of our fan favorites, even Scott and Jean, get a happy ending for a change was something I was glad to see. Plus, to me it came off as Singer's way of saying to the fans, "See, everything you hated about The Last Stand, I fixed it...you're welcome." lol

Overall I'm glad they gave the cast to the original films, and those films themselves, closure and a proper ending. Giving the whole franchise a soft-reboot with the torch being passed on to the younger cast in the "new" continuity.

Overall, I enjoyed this movie and can't wait to see the X-Men take on Apocalypse in the next movie! ^_^

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: ummm really? like i said xaviers return was never explained. he looks like himself and is in a wheel chair! so are we to think he never died? are we to believe he is in someone elses body and projecting his old image into everyones head to look how they remember him??? if so then why still use a wheel chair? there is no answer. they never gave one.

obviously i saw the movie, no one said they had mystiques power, but the sentinels being able to adapt to any mutant power used on them came from mystiques dna. that was said in the movie...so like i said using rogues dna would have made more sense for that, and leaving it as mystiques assassination is what lead to the having the sentinel programs beginning. thats the least of my concerns for the movie. read a little clearer.

They already had enough exposition as it was, explaining how Xavier is back after they pretty much showed you that he could transfer his consciousness into his twin is superfluous.

Rogues DNA wasn't unique...Mystiques was, thats why they were able to utilize it to create sentinels that are able to adapt. Mystique could use her power to copy unique attributes like fingerprints...it doesn't take incredibly deep contemplation to figure that they could use the DNA to have something copy a power. I read fine. No need for the attitude. I am just addressing your nonsensical nitpicks.

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:

Nerdgasmic movie, I loved it, even if Emma wasn't in it(but there was a diamond Sentinel, so it's good for me :P) but Storm, Blink and Mystique were so badass

She died! So sad to hear that :(!

en_sabah_nur_apocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: your making excuses for something. so what mystiques dna is unique and can copy finger prints, and what a person looks like, that has nothing to do with copying a mutants powers!!! lol thats why rogue would of been better suited mention for that, with only leaving mystique to be the reason for sentinels program to be started cause of the assassination. that makes perfect sense.

he put his conscious into his "twin" ? what twin is this? lol the xavier being back as himself in a wheel chair is something they skipped over to erase a mistake from those awful previous movies. im glad hes back, as with cyclops, but xavier there needs to be a small mention. cause i know ppl who are less into xmen ,and they ask me...how is he back if he died??? im like well his mind still lived...ok they ask how is he back in his same body!!!??? well i have to make up different scenarios of how that make little sense.

either way the point is the movie wasnt spectacular, it wasnt bad either. the scenes in the past outside of quick sliver were boring. there should of been a scene where trask tested his sentinels before he unveiled them. sort of like in night of the sentinels. the xmen get a first hand fight with them, then magneto goes to wire control them etc. good movei, not great, not bad. better by far than cap 2, and better than first class honestly. first class wasnt that good either. it was just watchable. not rewatchable.

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: your making excuses for something. so what mystiques dna is unique and can copy finger prints, and what a person looks like, that has nothing to do with copying a mutants powers!!! lol thats why rogue would of been better suited mention for that, with only leaving mystique to be the reason for sentinels program to be started cause of the assassination. that makes perfect sense.

he put his conscious into his "twin" ? what twin is this? lol the xavier being back as himself in a wheel chair is something they skipped over to erase a mistake from those awful previous movies. im glad hes back, as with cyclops, but xavier there needs to be a small mention. cause i know ppl who are less into xmen ,and they ask me...how is he back if he died??? im like well his mind still lived...ok they ask how is he back in his same body!!!??? well i have to make up different scenarios of how that make little sense.

either way the point is the movie wasnt spectacular, it wasnt bad either. the scenes in the past outside of quick sliver were boring. there should of been a scene where trask tested his sentinels before he unveiled them. sort of like in night of the sentinels. the xmen get a first hand fight with them, then magneto goes to wire control them etc. good movei, not great, not bad. better by far than cap 2, and better than first class honestly. first class wasnt that good either. it was just watchable. not rewatchable.

Hi, sorry for interfering but this movie to me was a kick ass. I have nothing negative to say. It might wasn't all that to you but you are the only one who seems to think so. Que mas tu quieres, what more then that you can ask for. This was the best movie of them all. I think quicksilver was the best and very gracioso too. Again, it's not Mystique's POWER they're using, but some unique quality of her GENETIC MAKEUP this same quality that allows Xavier to walk and Hank not to become Beast do you think that those have anything AT ALL to do with Mystique's POWER?

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

X3 was the movie that said Charles Xavier was alive, so I can't take points away from DoFP for using future Xavier.

en_sabah_nur_apocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no one is taking points away, the movie wasnt that good. being the best of the other movies isnt some amazing feat lol. its a good push in the right direction because now we will get a new jean and scott in the 1980s. the movie had short blips of action in the future, and the action/dialogue in the past wasnt very good outside of quicksilver.

there were tons of stupid things we were to over look, and the action in the past was boring. which is why i said there should of been a night of the sentinels before the unveiling where magneto takes control of them. that would of boosted up the action for the past and gave an op to show cameos of other mutants. when ppl get their hands on this movie for blue ray/dvd ppl will end up skipping alot of scenes like in the avengers.it will be the beginning, quick sliver, then the final like 15 minutes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.