Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Dark X-Men??? *Potential Spoilers Within*

• 67 results
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Rickbarry

@AgeofHurricane: Waiting a month is going to stink. I've no idea what I'll do once Breaking Bad goes on a six month vacation after next weeks episode. Which brings up an idea...someone needs to get this Vince Gilligan on a future X movie or comic. I don't know if you're familiar with the show, but the guy is awesome.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#52  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Rickbarry said:

@AgeofHurricane: Waiting a month is going to stink. I've no idea what I'll do once Breaking Bad goes on a six month vacation after next weeks episode. Which brings up an idea...someone needs to get this Vince Gilligan on a future X movie or comic. I don't know if you're familiar with the show, but the guy is awesome.

No dear.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Osian2

Wait a minute if Clossus, Storm and Hope don't seem to be with Cyclops anymore doesn't that mean he is literally leading a team of former villains and considering that he's being called a villain in AVX this could be a new Brotherhood? Hopefully some X-men will eventually side with him i.e. Cable and the New Mutants.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

I thinks that's just the cover for ANX #3, not for a Dark X-Men team. They could easily be part of the ANX cast.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

I thinks that's just the cover for ANX #3, not for a Dark X-Men team. They could easily be part of the ANX cast.

I don't think so, which i was i didn't caption it as the third issue while uploading it here. It's either a variant or promo art. I believe Osian's theory is the most plausible.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@AgeofHurricane said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

I don't think so, which i was i didn't caption it as the third issue while uploading it here. It's either a variant or promo art. I believe Osian's theory is the most plausible.

I thought it could possibly be the 3 issue because the section on the far right was revealed to be the cover for issue 2.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#57  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Osian2 said:

Wait a minute if Clossus, Storm and Hope don't seem to be with Cyclops anymore doesn't that mean he is literally leading a team of former villains and considering that he's being called a villain in AVX this could be a new Brotherhood? Hopefully some X-men will eventually side with him i.e. Cable and the New Mutants.

I wouldn't call it the New Brotherhood. More like, as the OP says, possible Dark X-Men. Daken is leading the Brotherhood against X-Force or something if I'm not mistaken.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By BatteredArmor

@god_spawn said:

@Osian2 said:

I wouldn't call it the New Brotherhood. More like, as the OP says, possible Dark X-Men. Daken is leading the Brotherhood against X-Force or something if I'm not mistaken.

god_spawn is right, they probably won't be called the Brotherhood or have goals like the Brotherhood. However I think that they'll probably be treated like the Brotherhood by the Avengers and some X-men

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Osian2

@BlackArmor said:

@god_spawn said:

@Osian2 said:

god_spawn is right, they probably won't be called the Brotherhood or have goals like the Brotherhood. However I think that they'll probably be treated like the Brotherhood by the Avengers and some X-men

I'd say it depends on what happens next in AVX if they do become "Villains" but you're both probably right. A Dark X-men series sounds awesome either way. We can only hope.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Rickbarry

It's the most logical conclusion that they start a team as stated. I can't see most of the Extinction team members being welcomed back to Westchester for some time.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Osian2: In the end though, I still doubt they will be real villains. A cross between X-Force without be XF and regular X-Men is possible. Axel Alonso stated in a recent interview that Scott is still a hero despite being what some may describe as a villain. He's the kind of hero that will delve very deep in the darkness and give up his very humanity to do what he sees right and that has been Scott for some time now and is what he is doing right now. He isn't out killing Avengers and so on and I stand by that Xavier will be the one kicking the bucket so if he dies and that is the cause of him and Emma fighting, why would he be a villain if he is playing more towards the light side of the PF?

Just my 2 cents.

Found the quote if you're interested.

And you think Cyclops will still be your favorite X-Man when this is done?
    Alonso: Cyclops will always be my favorite X-Men character. When I first became X-Men group editor, the mutant population had been decimated by "House of M," and that was the starting point for my first summit. "Messiah CompleX" took the X-Men from no hope to some hope – literally – and Cyclops was central to everything. He elbowed aside Professor X to take control of the X-Men and became the uncontested field general that his dwindling race needed. The fact that Wolverine was willing to step aside and play lieutenant speaks volumes about their ongoing rivalry: Logan always knew Scott had “it” in him. It was alpha recognizing alpha.
    So yeah, Cyclops has always been my point of reference for the X-Men universe. To guide his race back from the brink of extinction, Scott had to be willing to get his hands dirty, had to be willing to go to hell for the love of his people. There’s an element of tragedy to that, to be sure, but it is one definition of a hero.
    Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Osian2

@god_spawn: There's still a chance that he could be seen as a villain depending on what happens in the last 2 issues of Avx but I don't think he will ever truly become a villain as it would go against his character.

Xavier is almost a certainty for biting the dust in this event. He isn't in any previews for Marvel Now and it's been said that there will be the death of a major character. The only other wildcard candidate I can think of would be Colossus as he hasn't been in any previews either.

Edit: A lot of people say that they hate how Scott has changed but at least he has developed. Most characters are exactly the same as they were decades ago.

allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By allthatsgeek

@Osian2 said:

@god_spawn: There's still a chance that he could be seen as a villain depending on what happens in the last 2 issues of Avx but I don't think he will ever truly become a villain as it would go against his character.

Xavier is almost a certainty for biting the dust in this event. He isn't in any previews for Marvel Now and it's been said that there will be the death of a major character. The only other wildcard candidate I can think of would be Colossus as he hasn't been in any previews either.

Xavier does sound like a good bet at this point, Colossus being a close 2nd, as his sisters lone presence in All "New" X-Men is not a good sign. As of late when you get one Rasputin, you get the other.

Also, could Namor be biting it? Didn't BP basically tell Cap he's gonna kill Namor for flooding Wakanda?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Osian2: Agreed, I think we've been on the same page for this since you got here. I've said it months ago that he will come out of this still a hero by a definition but there will most likely be bad feelings towards him post AvX.

Colossus I still see as unlikely but it is becoming possible as things keep getting leaked and stuff. Most likely Xavier though IMO, if it is indeed Emma or someone else I will be surprised.

joetucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By joetucker

I don't think I could cope with a Colossus death out of AVX. Don't go there Marvel.

I do hope they all end up back at the mansion. Those are some of my favorite X-stories. (Perhaps a baseball game...)

Moreover, we know who all the returners are. Any guesses on are two mystery background characters??

(It's already confirmed, that the girl is NOT Rachel Summers)

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Osian2

@joetucker said:

I don't think I could cope with a Colossus death out of AVX. Don't go there Marvel.

I do hope they all end up back at the mansion. Those are some of my favorite X-stories. (Perhaps a baseball game...)

Moreover, we know who all the returners are. Any guesses on are two mystery background characters??

Yeah the X-men have been going from one tragedy/crisis to the next ever since messiah complex. It would be good if they could actually reunite and be happy for a while i.e. When the P5 created the New Utopia and the mutants were living there happily.

I have no idea who those two in the background could be especially the guy (he looks like he's lost). My only guess for the red haired woman is Hope. Maybe she ages at the end of AVX or decides to change her style?

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By tomchu

@joetucker said:

Well, Colossus did die somewhere in the 90s, only for Whedon to bring him back.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@god_spawn said:

@Osian2: In the end though, I still doubt they will be real villains. A cross between X-Force without be XF and regular X-Men is possible. Axel Alonso stated in a recent interview that Scott is still a hero despite being what some may describe as a villain. He's the kind of hero that will delve very deep in the darkness and give up his very humanity to do what he sees right and that has been Scott for some time now and is what he is doing right now. He isn't out killing Avengers and so on and I stand by that Xavier will be the one kicking the bucket so if he dies and that is the cause of him and Emma fighting, why would he be a villain if he is playing more towards the light side of the PF?

Just my 2 cents.

Found the quote if you're interested.

And you think Cyclops will still be your favorite X-Man when this is done?
    Alonso:Cyclops will always be my favorite X-Men character. When I first became X-Men group editor, the mutant population had been decimated by "House of M," and that was the starting point for my first summit. "Messiah CompleX" took the X-Men from no hope to some hope – literally – and Cyclops was central to everything. He elbowed aside Professor X to take control of the X-Men and became the uncontested field general that his dwindling race needed. The fact that Wolverine was willing to step aside and play lieutenant speaks volumes about their ongoing rivalry: Logan always knew Scott had “it” in him. It was alpha recognizing alpha.
    So yeah, Cyclops has always been my point of reference for the X-Men universe. To guide his race back from the brink of extinction, Scott had to be willing to get his hands dirty, had to be willing to go to hell for the love of his people. There’s an element of tragedy to that, to be sure, but it is one definition of a hero.

So Alonso's the one that brought about the unfortunate age of Scott/Emma/Logan ? Interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.