Cyclops' Underground Academy ?

#1 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that Cyclops' X-men have started their new school, does anyone think that any of the students at the Jean Grey school will want to transfer there?

and if so, who would you like to see there?

#2 Posted by RawrImADragon (206 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think the Jean Grey School credits transfer over... lol jk.

I actually wouldn't want to see any of the students play for the other team. I'm curious as to what other new mutants Bendis is thinking up and a school full of new kids with new powers would make me very interested in Uncanny X-men.

#3 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Surge and Progidy.

#4 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Surge and Progidy.

those are the first ones I thought of too, especially Surge.

#5 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a confrontation between both schools. Scott just started recruiting, and so far his "students" look really promising.

#6 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely want to see Surge and Prodigy stand aside Cyclops, if they don't then writers really need to talk to one another, oh and Pixie too!

#7 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Pixie should stay with Storm, she brings out the best within her.

#8 Posted by judasnixon (6508 posts) - - Show Bio

Surge, Hellion, the Cuckoos, and Quentin Quire, and then Cyclops say no thanks Quentin.

#9 Posted by Veitha (3069 posts) - - Show Bio

Surge, Prodigy and the Cuckoos, especially the girls, coz they wouod act like the telepaths now that Emma has lost her powers - but has she really lost them??? Anyway, aren't the new students very, very cool?? I love their powers, and I think that they'll develop them a lot

#10 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Quentin has to stay with Wolvie, is he doesn't, WatXM would be worse than it already is.

#11 Posted by Teerack (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe Scott cares so little about people now. He just grabs people and ruins their lives.

#12 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2872 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

I can't believe Scott cares so little about people now. He just grabs people and ruins their lives.

by turning kids into criminals...lol

#13 Posted by gridde (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

Have you read any of All New X-Men? He gives them a choice to join him, and the freedom to leave whenever they want.

Scott's behaviour towards the recruits is one of the biggest reasons readers like me suspect Bendis really is putting him on a redemption arc. It'd have been so easy to have him just abduct kids "for their own good" and behave like the villain the other X-Men claim him to be...but he doesn't. He's actively helping new mutants while the official X-Men seem to be concerned purely with getting revenge for Xavier.

That said, I doubt any of the students from Wolverine's school will jump ship, because that would mess up their character arcs and Bendis has already said he's going to be introducing plenty of new characters in Uncanny. Also, thinking from an in-character perspective, all those students saw Wolverine try to kill kid-Cyclops twice already...are any of them going to be stupid enough to try crossing him now?

#14 Posted by Shutdown (96 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused. Didn't Scott tell Logan that he was happy and glad that he was running the school? In my mind it was sort of Scott saying that he'll make the tough choices while Logan takes care of the youth.

#16 Posted by Teerack (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

@gridde: Not much of a choice when they look like terrorist after the fact.

#17 Posted by God_Spawn (37719 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see the ad now.

"Come to the former Weapon X facility , now dubbed New Charles Xavier Institute if you're a mutant. But don't tell anyone, we are 4 war criminals and every superhero in America is looking for us."

"Located at: ________________ Phone Number ###-####--#####

Moderator Online
#18 Posted by Jake Fury (18407 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

Which hasn't happened in All-New X-Men a single time.

#19 Posted by Prodigy P (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@gridde said:

@Teerack said:

Have you read any of All New X-Men? He gives them a choice to join him, and the freedom to leave whenever they want.

Scott's behaviour towards the recruits is one of the biggest reasons readers like me suspect Bendis really is putting him on a redemption arc. It'd have been so easy to have him just abduct kids "for their own good" and behave like the villain the other X-Men claim him to be...but he doesn't. He's actively helping new mutants while the official X-Men seem to be concerned purely with getting revenge for Xavier.

That said, I doubt any of the students from Wolverine's school will jump ship, because that would mess up their character arcs and Bendis has already said he's going to be introducing plenty of new characters in Uncanny. Also, thinking from an in-character perspective, all those students saw Wolverine try to kill kid-Cyclops twice already...are any of them going to be stupid enough to try crossing him now?

To be fair, didn't all the Utopia kids go to Westchester after the events of AvX?

#20 Posted by spetsnaz_gru (235 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

@gridde: Not much of a choice when they look like terrorist after the fact.

That is still after their own choice of joining. Your argument of "grabs people and ruins their lives" is still false.

#21 Edited by Teerack (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jake Fury: Hahaha? Really? Yeah I'm sure the guy Cyclops broke out of a the police station and the girl that had a swat team surrounding her will have no problem living any kind of normal life when they run off with the most wanted terrorist in the world who assaulted officers in the process of "helping" them. Come on man use a little common sense....

@spetsnaz_gru: Considering the way the world works they will all be branded as terrorist when they run off with him. Especially considering the fact he almost killed the whole word not to long ago and is literally the most wanted terrorist on the planet.

#22 Posted by Jake Fury (18407 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: No, the statement you made is completely false. He gave every one of them a choice and said nothing about what kind of lives they would lead.

HAHAAHAHA COMMON SENSE!

I can do it too!

#23 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

@Jake Fury: Hahaha? Really? Yeah I'm sure the guy Cyclops broke out of a the police station and the girl that had a swat team surrounding her will have no problem living any kind of normal life when they run off with the most wanted terrorist in the world who assaulted officers in the process of "helping" them. Come on man use a little common sense....

The moment their powers manifested, everything "normal" about their lives was pretty much over. By the looks of the Swat team surrounding Eva, she wasn't going to be released any time soon. Same with Christopher. So, in reality, he really helped them, because it was either going with him, or rotting in jail just because they were Mutants.

#24 Posted by gridde (91 posts) - - Show Bio

#25 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

Surge, Hellion, the Cuckoos, and Quentin Quire, and then Cyclops say no thanks Quentin.

Hellion hates Cyclops.

#26 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

I think Pixie should stay with Storm, she brings out the best within her.

yeah, I think so too.

@judasnixon said:

yeah, good call.

actually, I was thinking it would be kind of cool if the Cuckoos joined Cyclops' team, but stayed at the Jean Grey school. Their powers could help Cyclops over long distances without having the girls be put in harm's way, or become criminals. And it would be especially cool if this was Cyclops' idea, to show that he actually does have the kids interests in mind.

#27 Edited by Teerack (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jake Fury: Clearly you can't xD I'm not even sure you're reading my post now, or maybe you just don't understand them.

@gridde: The shape shifting guy was doing fine.

@GonnaRain: Considering the most recent mutant that showed up was a shape shiftier and no one but his friend actually saw his face, and even if they did he was in the middle of a pro mutant rally it wouldn't of been a huge deal because his power is kind of based around hiding. But then he turned back to normal when Cyclops showed up and then while the fight was going on a kid started video taping him with his phone and said "you're going to be famous" that suspenseful ruined his life.

Have any of you really put any thought into what happened to the healer? They arrested him because he was running that's it, but all he did was help someone. His friend that he healed and saved is not going to press charges on him most likely. I'm sure if his lawyer had gotten there first the police they would have been told them they can't keep him without a real charge against him. But that wall all thrown out the window when Cyclops blew the wall up and grabbed him.

Hell the scene with the blue hair chick and the black guy they flat out say "I don't know why I'm here, but I've got no were else to go because the police are after me" the ONLY one that could of maybe not gotten out of trouble maybe is the blue hair girl, but once Cyclops shows up and all hope of her explaining anything is gone.

#28 Posted by gridde (91 posts) - - Show Bio

He was obviously unhappy but otherwise seemed okay, and Scott gave him the option to join him and the freedom to leave whenever he wanted. I don't see what's so unspeakably evil about this?

#29 Posted by Teerack (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

@gridde: Read all my post where did i call him evil? I said i can't believe he cares so little about people, because he's being inconsiderate to innocent people. I know they can leave, but my point is if they do leave their lives are already going to be a lot more troublesome and complex because they'll look like terrorist.

#30 Posted by lorex (954 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see some of the students defect to Cyclops new school. I think some of them are still loyal to Cyclops and were forced to go to the Jean Grey school by the adults and were not really given a choice. Perhaps there could be an attack on the JG school and some students come to realise that Cyclops is right and they need to be more vigilent in their own protecton.

#31 Posted by Jake Fury (18407 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: My point was he isn't just grabbing them and forcing them to do anything which is what you originally stated. I do agree that their lives will probably not be a bucket of rainbows given his current state in the Marvel U.

#32 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: I get your point, but I seriously doubt that the police would've just let Christopher walk away like that. Same with Eva, considering they had a complete Swat team looking for her. They pretty much did nothing to get arrested, specially not Christopher, but with the world's renewed hate for the Mutants, and the increasing fear, if they took them in first place, they were not getting free so easily.

#33 Edited by gridde (91 posts) - - Show Bio

As others have said, the kids he's recruited so far were already in trouble with the police just for being mutants who couldn't control their powers. Yes, siding with Cyclops may make matters worse, but a long, long history of comics has shown that just being a mutant is enough to get you in serious trouble, regardless of whose side you're on.

Also, since they made the choice to go themselves, it doesn't make sense to say it's Cyclops' fault.

ALSO, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Oz girl and the shapeshifter get teleported away relatively stealthily? Thus, their association with Cyclops isn't public knowledge yet, and so they can leave freely without the police deeming them criminals (and instead just harass them for being mutants).

Other than being a Scott-hater, I don't really see why you think Cyclops "doesn't care about people", when literally everything he's done is to help mutant kids who have no one else? He's one the most selfless guys in Marvel at the moment, even if the way he does things can be very reckless.

#34 Posted by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

I always felt like Mercury was always close to Scott and Emma in terms of mentor roles, what with her being one of the hellions and i recall a deadpool story where she's in trouble and goes straight to scott for help.

Plus think she's a totally underused character with a supremely badass power, it would be cool if she got more development by being on the vigilante team. Same goes for a lot of underused characters who are basically just background cameos in wolverine and the x-men at the moment. Give them more of a place in the books.

#35 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

I can see the ad now.

"Come to the former Weapon X facility , now dubbed New Charles Xavier Institute if you're a mutant. But don't tell anyone, we are 4 war criminals and every superhero in America is looking for us."

"Located at: ________________ Phone Number ###-####--#####

Do you think that they'll have a special code word that changes every day? Or maybe decoder rings and all that!:p And a special handshake that involves crossing your arms in an 'X" formation!

#36 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

@gridde: Read all my post where did i call him evil? I said i can't believe he cares so little about people, because he's being inconsiderate to innocent people. I know they can leave, but my point is if they do leave their lives are already going to be a lot more troublesome and complex because they'll look like terrorist.

..because of a choice that they made; all Cyclops did was put his own neck on the line to give them that choice. I suppose you could argue that it's his fault that they developed mutations in the first place, but, as I read it, he only undid what the Scarlet Witch had done, which, again, was him putting his own neck on the line to give them a choice. Some heroes are authorities, some heroes fight authorities: get over it.

@CerealKiller said:

I always felt like Mercury was always close to Scott and Emma in terms of mentor roles, what with her being one of the hellions and i recall a deadpool story where she's in trouble and goes straight to scott for help.

Plus think she's a totally underused character with a supremely badass power, it would be cool if she got more development by being on the vigilante team. Same goes for a lot of underused characters who are basically just background cameos in wolverine and the x-men at the moment. Give them more of a place in the books.

totally forgot about her! good call.

#37 Posted by Perfect 10 (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

i would say pixie but then i thought about it: she's wolverine's new kitty, she's a full fledged x-man so would be demotion, and she and illyana dont get along, though that is part of the reason i want her on the team. super powered catfights are always awesome. plus i think its time those two buried the hatchet and someone has to teach pixie magic and since illyana is the only one in the x-men who can do it why not???

#38 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

No I think Oya is Wolverine's new girl sidekick

I think some of the older students might join after "graduating": Anole, Rockslide, Mercury, Surge, Dust

#39 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

You have to be a fool to stay at the Jean Grey School, but outright insane to join Cyclops at this point.

#40 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

You have to be a fool to stay at the Jean Grey School, but outright insane to join Cyclops at this point.

so.. Zero? Primal? 'cause I don't think Blindfold will...

@Mutant God: yeah, might have to wait on some, since the Jean Grey school is probably legally responsible for them. I doubt it'll be Rockslide or Anole, personally, but I have been mistaken..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.