Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Cyclops team shows at the school

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

Has anyone red the bendis article.  Bendis   mutates 'Uncanny X-Men. 
    it's on the CBR website.
    Magik will be playing a big part in it. one of students will fall in love with in her. Cyclops team will be showing up at the school . So Bendis will be writing for 2 of the titles
    what do guys think, are u looking forward to the changes

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kid Apollo

you got a link?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By HAWK2916

Cant wait to read it. Though im still catching up in the Xmen universe but so far i've bought all the new titles

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By time1
    @kid Apollo: no, just got a samsung tablet, just getting use to it. if you go on the website and type the name. I'm sure it will come up.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DEGRAAF

Yeah i would like to read this. Cyclops is supposed to be starting his own school, is that what your talking about or do you mean the are going to Jean Greys school for higher learning?

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By time1
    @DEGRAAF said:

Yeah i would like to read this. Cyclops is supposed to be starting his own school, is that what your talking about or do you mean the are going to Jean Greys school for higher learning?

there going to turn up at the school in all new X-Men 9 and Uncanny X-men 3. 2 uncanny x-men titles will be released next month.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheCrowbar

I don't see the article you mentioned on CBR what's the title?

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By time1

Bendis mutate s uncanny X-men

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheCrowbar

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42623

Here's the link for you all!

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By time1
    @TheCrowbar said:

thanks for posting the link, pretty interesting interview.
    Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TimeLordScience

@TheCrowbar said:

thanks!

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEGRAAF

@TheCrowbar: beat me too it. lol i was to busy reading it

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Old news.

Horrible title.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GonnaRain

I'm not exactly a fan of Bendi's All New X-Men so far, but I admit I can't wait for Uncanny, specially since it revolves around my favorite characters. And I really want a confrontation between both schools, it will be so cool to see the interaction between them, both adults and students.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kid Apollo

after readin the article im deffinetly looking forward to this series. ive got no problem with Wolverine and the Xmen or All New Xmen, but they jus dont do it for me. and unlike sooooooooooo many ppl on this site i like Cyke. so ill deff be picking this up. plus i love me some Bachalo!

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By dangallant984

Very much looking forward to this; sounds great!

RawrImADragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#17  Edited By RawrImADragon

"It's more about that than Magneto giving Scott villain tips." - Bendis.

That answers that question, right in the article. Cyclops is the villain... this will not be the title that brings him redemption.

xrs12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xrs12

@RawrImADragon: he says it isn't about magneto giving Scott villain tips. I don't see why you see that as cyc being the villain :S

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Veitha

Isn't the article a little old lol?? Anyway, I like the fact that in Uncanny X-Men there will be all of my favourite characters, and Bendis' new mutants are cooler than Aaron's, so this book's definitively caught my attention... let's hope it won't dissapoint my hopes

RawrImADragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RawrImADragon

@xrs12: he said it it isn't "just" about that. I read that as, there's more to it, but that's basically what's going on...

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By chasereis

@AgeofHurricane: NEWSFLASH: Brian Michael Bendis found slain in new york flat. Prominent writer was decapitated and hung upside down, then head has yet to be recovered. Police are looking for one person, AgeOfHurricane, for questioning in the vicious murder. If you have any information regarding the person in question contact the local authorities but do not approach him as he is likely armed and extremely dangerous.

Im just kiddin Hurricane...

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hectorsquall

@RawrImADragon said:

That answers that question, right in the article. Cyclops is the villain... this will not be the title that brings him redemption.

@xrs12: he said it it isn't "just" about that. I read that as, there's more to it, but that's basically what's going on...

Lol! I really don't understand how you can come to this conclusion after reading the entire article, way to take a quote out of context.

Bendis described "Uncanny" as the darker of the two X-Men books, but not nearly as dark as "Dark Avengers." "It's different than Norman Osborn's goal, which was F you!" he said. "Magneto is different in that he's made every mistake and wrapped himself around his villainous desires and been a selfish father and just done wrong. … They get to a certain age and realize, 'I'm the asshole.' … He didn't do right by his kids and he's trying to do his version of it with Scott and Emma and all them. It's more about that than Magneto giving Scott villain tips."

Bendis stated the conversation between Magneto and Scott in "All-New X-Men" #3 was more of a tough love conversation than advice on how to be a villain. "Having Magneto around, it's this constant reminder of the ghost of Christmas past or future. If Cyclops makes the wrong decision one more time, he's Magneto. The end. There's no redeeming it."

It's more like Cyclops having to be very careful not to cross the line between hero and misguided villain. As for Magneto, he wants to redeem himself and is helping Scott while reminding him not to make the same mistakes he did.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh i heard anxm 9 and uncanny x-men 3 is supposed to be a crossover

RawrImADragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RawrImADragon

@hectorsquall said:

@RawrImADragon said:

Lol! I really don't understand how you can come to this conclusion after reading the entire article, way to take a quote out of context.

Bendis described "Uncanny" as the darker of the two X-Men books, but not nearly as dark as "Dark Avengers." "It's different than Norman Osborn's goal, which was F you!" he said. "Magneto is different in that he's made every mistake and wrapped himself around his villainous desires and been a selfish father and just done wrong. … They get to a certain age and realize, 'I'm the asshole.' … He didn't do right by his kids and he's trying to do his version of it with Scott and Emma and all them. It's more about that than Magneto giving Scott villain tips."

Bendis stated the conversation between Magneto and Scott in "All-New X-Men" #3 was more of a tough love conversation than advice on how to be a villain. "Having Magneto around, it's this constant reminder of the ghost of Christmas past or future. If Cyclops makes the wrong decision one more time, he's Magneto. The end. There's no redeeming it."

It's more like Cyclops having to be very careful not to cross the line between hero and misguided villain. As for Magneto, he wants to redeem himself and is helping Scott while reminding him not to make the same mistakes he did.

All right, all right. I don't think I was stepping too outside the lines and taking it out of context. And as for wanting to just analyze a line instead of analyzing the whole article, that was just for time's sake, I did completely read the article. I didn't want to analyze the whole thing on this forum seeing how it's old news. But still, I think it's totally plausible for me to arrive at that conclusion, I still stand by it.

Another line in the article says: "If Cyclops makes the wrong decision one more time, he's Magneto. The end. There's no redeeming it." - Bendis.

Now, we see that Bendis wants to keep Magneto and Scott having a "here is what you could be" relationship. And that's true, I see that already just from reading All New X-Men. My prediction is Cyclops might come to the horrible realization that, 'you know what, maybe Magneto was right'. The way things are going for Scott, I can totally see Bendis taking him into a villain role. "Uncanny X-Men" is a new ongoing, that's gonna be a lot of time for Scott to not make just "one mistake". His track record almost guarantees he'll do something unsavory.

The X-Men have never really had any villains outside of their own kind, except for a handful of course. For the most part, it's always been a civil war between the relationships of the mutants themselves and their various ideologies. I think Bendis is totally setting up Scott to be the new antagonist because really there isn't much else that could cause some sort of major conflict in the current Marvel Universe spinning out of the effects of AvX. Bendis is totally capable of ruining Scott's boy scout image. This is the writer who killed Peter Parker in the Ultimates Universe that we're talking about.

I like Cyclops as a character, let's not get that mixed up. I think that's why I'm so critical of the direction Bendis seems to want to take him. But I'll reserve some harsher criticisms until I see the final result of his tenure on the X-books, of course. Anyway that's all.

Yup, word. X-Men all day.

Solarflare32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Solarflare32

I'd love Young jean to encounter Xorn and go face to face with her killer and Cyclops recruiting the more fanatical mutants of marvel u such as exodus

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By hectorsquall

@RawrImADragon: Well, I think that's a pretty good analysis.

Anyway, it is plausible and I really hope Bendis doesn't turn Cyclops into a villain but at this point it's really hard to know exactly what he has planned...

I can't wait for the first issue!

RawrImADragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RawrImADragon

@hectorsquall: you and me both! that preview makes me even more excited!! :DDD

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dangallant984

@Veitha said:

Isn't the article a little old lol?? Anyway, I like the fact that in Uncanny X-Men there will be all of my favourite characters, and Bendis' new mutants are cooler than Aaron's, so this book's definitively caught my attention... let's hope it won't dissapoint my hopes

especially agree with this.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GonnaRain

For me, it's not exactly about Scott being the villan, but him just having a different approach about pretty much everything than the others at the Jean Grey School. Right now I don't see any of the Schools as heroes or villans, they're just groups with different opinions, that will lead of course to some confrontations between them.

CerealKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By CerealKiller

rival schools would be amazing

the most intensely brutal school sports matches ever

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@chasereis said:

@AgeofHurricane: NEWSFLASH: Brian Michael Bendis found slain in new york flat. Prominent writer was decapitated and hung upside down, then head has yet to be recovered. Police are looking for one person, AgeOfHurricane, for questioning in the vicious murder. If you have any information regarding the person in question contact the local authorities but do not approach him as he is likely armed and extremely dangerous.

Im just kiddin Hurricane...

You sonofa...you know full well that this wasn't...

I am going to...you...ffs. >.>

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dangallant984

@GonnaRain said:

For me, it's not exactly about Scott being the villan, but him just having a different approach about pretty much everything than the others at the Jean Grey School. Right now I don't see any of the Schools as heroes or villans, they're just groups with different opinions, that will lead of course to some confrontations between them.

yeah, I like that. Like with the New Mutants and the Hellions, but not so black and white, with both school's training to be different kinds of heroes. Maybe more like if Generation X and the original X-force had been contemporaries..

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

This sounds great. Can't wait. Bendis' run has been fun so far.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PassionFlower

This may be Bendis more interesting title.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GonnaRain

@dangallant984 said:

@GonnaRain said:

yeah, I like that. Like with the New Mutants and the Hellions, but not so black and white, with both school's training to be different kinds of heroes. Maybe more like if Generation X and the original X-force had been contemporaries..

Pretty much. And this could be a great opportunity for the writers to give the students more spotlight.

I can't wait to read more about Christopher and specially Eva. <3

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.