Cyclops Returns In All New X-Men #1 Preview

• 124 results
#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@WildStyle: Emma: Cyclops! Strike a pose!

*Cyclops Ducks face*

#3 Edited by fodigg (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

Effing LOL at the X arms.

Edit: So this is basically Scott leading the new brotherhood of mutants.

#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: looks like he's saving people.

#5 Posted by fodigg (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@fodigg: looks like he's saving people.

Yes, but as hunted outlaws! Basically I'm saying he'll be labeled a terrorist on the run and he'll basically say 'good riddance' and do his own thing despite the label.

#6 Posted by Backflip (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's the girl in the red? And who's the guy with glasses, he showed up on the cover as well?

Still Cyclops X-Arms is so baddass.

#7 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

More proof that Scott is a truer hero than any of the Avengers.

Cyclops IS right!

#8 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Who let him out??? And he's flashing the X sign at the camera, thats what I'm talking about.

#9 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

Woo! I'm VERY HAPPY to see Cyclops and Emma fighting alongside one another! For a second I thought Emma was going to be lost in Comic-Limbo because we haven't seen her since she was hit in the head and being held prisoner by the Avengers!

#10 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

The art looks amazing.

#11 Posted by Veitha (2741 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma is back *____* Well, I will definetely buy this title! It looks like they are saving new mutants, I like it

#12 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

He's gonna be the one to take out the Red Skull guranteed!

#13 Edited by aaunderoath (165 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops: "oh whats that? I'm a bad guy? Cool you guys all argue about that I'm gonna go save these new mutants from being attacked and stuff. Later"

#14 Posted by Rickbarry (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

Lil forced and they're already running that whole X with the arms thing down. Laaaaame. Although I have to say Illyana is looking awesome.

#15 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

i only got back into marvel through AvX whos the chick with the sword ?

#16 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@tahmidk: That's Colossus's little sister, Magik!

#17 Posted by Rickbarry (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

@tahmidk: AKA The coolest female X character going these days!

#18 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't like her initially, but Magik's growing on me.

#19 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: But she doesn't have a Mohawk.

Pass.

#20 Posted by time (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

He wasn't locked up for long, not sure why people were making such a big deal of it.

#21 Posted by x_29 (2272 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Cyclops!

#22 Posted by Rickbarry (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: Her peanut head isn't shaped for a mohawk.

#23 Posted by McKlayn (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

This Art is Amazing, and the flashing the X in the screen is showing a bit of arrogance i can totally dig. I totally love the attitude of, fuck what you think I'ma go protect my people and you can kiss my ass. Should be a good read if handled right.

Also the remark to Logan in AVX: Consequences #2 about some rebellious kid with a T shirt of Cyclops face and the words Cyclops was right made the whole book worth buying

#24 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn:

isnt new x-men is where beast travels to the past to get the o5

#25 Posted by McKlayn (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: yup that's the one, the story is really interesting me. I mean it makes no sense and i don't see how they will keep from screwing up the time line, but for some reason i still want to read it lol

#26 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Cyke was doing the "stick it up your ass" arm signal to the camera, not the X-signal...

#27 Posted by Cyclops4ever (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

I thought Cyke was doing the "stick it up your ass" arm signal to the camera, not the X-signal...

lol I thought the same thing lol which would have been just as cool as the X symbol imo. Cyclops is officially the badass of the Marvel Universe, I used to say that as a Cyke fanboy, now its just a fact plain and simple. You know now that I look at the picture more and more it looks like both an X symbol and an up yours symbol put together lol. Words cannot describe how excited I was to see these images, to see Cyke with Emma (who I assume is still his girlfriend which makes me happy, best comic couple ever imo.) and to have Mags and Illyana with him as well as I assume Cable and his X-force helping him, this just got really cool and I might keep reading comics afterall. I really thought about dropping everything after reading AvX. TEAM CYCLOPS!

#28 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

If anything now that I think about it I'm pretty sure Cyclops & Emma are recruiting some of the New Mutants that have high potential (I mean Emma is a powerful telepath she can probably figure out where to find them). Anyway, I think they're recruiting powerful new mutants and are going to recruit them for their team, which will initially be the Jean Grey School's rivals. That being said - if I were one of the New Mutants I'd definitely stick with Cyclops, I mean he is the reason why you've got powers now - think of it as a blessing :D

#29 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin said:

If anything now that I think about it I'm pretty sure Cyclops & Emma are recruiting some of the New Mutants that have high potential (I mean Emma is a powerful telepath she can probably figure out where to find them). Anyway, I think they're recruiting powerful new mutants and are going to recruit them for their team, which will initially be the Jean Grey School's rivals. That being said - if I were one of the New Mutants I'd definitely stick with Cyclops, I mean he is the reason why you've got powers now - think of it as a blessing :D

Be funny if Cyclops now starts up a school and name's it after one of Logan's past lovers... That'd make me day!!

#30 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: LOL. I would absolutely love that.

#31 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

Be funny if Cyclops now starts up a school and name's it after one of Logan's past lovers... That'd make me day!!

So the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning?

#32 Posted by slimlim (262 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip said:

Who's the girl in the red? And who's the guy with glasses, he showed up on the cover as well?

Still Cyclops X-Arms is so baddass.

My guess is they are NEW Mutants. Not the group, but civilians who have just become mutants.

Logan is busy running around with his Avengers pals and running a school (or at least pretending to), so i guess the former members of the Extinction Team will taken it upon themselves to become a Rescue Team for these new mutants. Since Magneto created Cerebro with Prof X, perhaps he'll create a new one with the help of Emma in order to locate new mutants.

Go Team Cyclops!

#33 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@papad1992 said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

So the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning?

LOL. pretty much. Haha.

#34 Posted by time (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin said:

Not really. It was Hope and Scarlet Witch that save the mutant race, if it wasn't for them, he would of kill more people.

I thinks it's Danger that breaks Scott out, she trying to break them out in Uncanny X-Men 20 I think.

Too much Cyclops love here.

#35 Posted by EdBlank (492 posts) - - Show Bio

The Cyclops heel turn is one of the most refreshing things I have read about in comics lately. He is basically the new Magneto, except we can REALLY feel his whole angle becuase we've seen him go through the whole transformation.

#36 Posted by Flopsop200 (161 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saw this on Marvel.com. So bad ass.

#37 Posted by chocobojam (288 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really so sure about this....as far as i know, All new x-men is about the x-men from the past that goes to the present. That preview must only be some kind of a flashback and doesn't necessarily means that cyclops and his extinction team are together again.

#38 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

He wasn't locked up for long, not sure why people were making such a big deal of it.

If this were Jean you'd have made twelves threads and multiple blogs by now.

#39 Posted by lorex (939 posts) - - Show Bio

From the looks of the images they are rescuing people and given the new reality of the Marvel universe they are likely to be people that have newly discovered they are mutants. Also I agree with what others have said Illyana lookes badass in these images.

#40 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

can wait for logan to gut him now that he's escaped. the douche must die.

#41 Posted by Lvenger (17896 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn I wanted him to stay locked up longer for his crimes.

#42 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

#43 Posted by DazRacist (41 posts) - - Show Bio

The Unstoppable Extinction Team, MAKE IT SO MARVEL.

Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magneto, Magik, Danger (THE REAL X-MEN)

#44 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Ha.....

#45 Posted by Lvenger (17896 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@Lvenger said:

Ha.....

What's funny about that if you don't mind my asking?

#46 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@time said:

If this were Jean you'd have made twelves threads and multiple blogs by now.

LMAO. ily.

#47 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@John Valentine said:

@Lvenger said:

Ha.....

What crimes?

#48 Posted by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

@DazRacist said:

The Unstoppable Extinction Team, MAKE IT SO MARVEL.

Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magneto, Magik, Danger (THE REAL X-MEN)

Let's not forget Namor! :D

#49 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12415 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

wouldn't make a lick of sense though.

#50 Posted by Lvenger (17896 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@Lvenger said:

@John Valentine said:

@Lvenger said:

Ha.....

What crimes?

Killing Xavier, going on a rampage of destruction with the PF, gambling the fate of the world on something he couldn't possibly know like whether the Phoenix was going to restore the mutant race or destroy the world like he usually does, firing the first shot at Captain America and after he's captured and able to reflect on the things he's just done says he'd do it again. That's the most unacceptable response and I fail to see how he's in the right. Of course you'll probably have a response to this as I know you're on Team Cyclops :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.