Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Cyclops or other mutants lobotomized? (Potential Spoilers.)

• 63 results
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

So Bleeding Cool came out with an article with absolutely no references that I can find that say the Red Skull lobotomizes someone assumed to be Cyclops. I find it highly doubtful it is him and I possibly assumed it to be Avalanche since he was supposed to be a neutral/good guy and is fighting the Uncanny Avengers. Or I think it is one of Red Skull's S-Men. And considering that All New X-Men is supposed to have a pertinent role in the story with his reaction involving Jean Grey and is under Bendis' pen, I also find it doubtful they would put him under mind control. But I thought I'd share the article with you guys and get your decisions on who it might be in general.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/09/05/what-are-they-doing-to-cyclops-brain/

In the Uncanny Avengers #1 artwork Bleeding Cool first showed you last week, there was one page that has specifically caused some comment.

Note the image of the Phoenix Cyclops in the pupil. This is Scott Summers with his optic blasts somehow turned off being, well, lobotomised, his frontal lobes being replaced by what looks like an Iron Man Arc reactor-type thing.
    This can’t be good, can it?
    One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By One_Eye

What the he!!...? I seriously hope that this isn't Cyclops! What would Red Skull or anyone for that matter want with Scott? I mean given the nature of events leading up to AvX; I figured that Marvel was gearing up to give him a break for a while.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By evilvegeta74

I doubt that thats Cyke, why would he have a vision of himself in his own eyes, it's likely a victim of Cyke's!

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By One_Eye

@evilvegeta74: I hear talk of Red Skulls S-Men.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

I saw this preview a few days ago and said I thought it was Avalanche. It would make sense since the next few pages of the preview shows Avalanche attacking a group of people, even though he was reformed, and then committing suicide.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By BatteredArmor

Doesn't really look like Scott to me

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By papad1992

Can't Scott, Emma, Hope and Namor just die already in some inconspicuous plane crash that was flying over the Savage Land attacked by Pterodactyls and have Wolverine blasted off into space with no spacesuit... so that Storm, Gambit, Rogue, Cannonball, Moonstar, the X-students, etc... can have the spotlights instead!!? Anyone agree?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lykopis

o-o

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By evilvegeta74

@papad1992: Sorry, I could never agree to such a thing. No disrespect intended, Wolverine is in everything seemingly, and I grow tired of him though, but on the other hand I care less about Rogue than anyone else in the MU! I wish they off her,she is over exposed to the max and I guess that 90's Fox cartoon is the blame.

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Aero_gt

@papad1992: I can't follow an X-men title that doesn't feature them, and by them I mean Cyclops, current.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Nah that doesn't look like Scott at all. But I guess we'll have to wait and see what's going on.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12  Edited By lorex
    @papad1992 said:

Can't Scott, Emma, Hope and Namor just die already in some inconspicuous plane crash that was flying over the Savage Land attacked by Pterodactyls and have Wolverine blasted off into space with no spacesuit... so that Storm, Gambit, Rogue, Cannonball, Moonstar, the X-students, etc... can have the spotlights instead!!? Anyone agree?

I agree that other characters need more time in the spotlight but I do not think other characters need to be killed off or banished to oblivian. This can be achieved with better writing and creative planning. The problem is the big comic book companies are a rather lazy and conservative bunch. Marvel would rather make the safe move and create a team book with Wolverine in it than to leave him off it. DC does the same thing with Batman. I hate this trend in comic books relying on certain characters to be in so many titles and I think it really dilutes the value of the character and the companies do not even pretend there is any continuity anymore. The comic book industry is just that a business and is numbers driven. I can't fault the companies for their actions but I would like to see less Wolverine and Batman in so many titles each month.
    ZacCooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ZacCooper

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: have you got a link to the preview?

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Veitha

@papad1992 said:

Yes for Logan, but not for Emma, Scott, Hope and Namor

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

#15  Edited By broo1232

It's not Scott he's appeared in posters for other books as well.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@ZacCooper:

http://marvel.com/news/story/19313/sneak_peek_uncanny_avengers_1

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#17  Edited By x_29

Thats not Cyclops.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Lol no. Emphasis on the care-bear stare eyes.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By One_Eye

@papad1992: I see that you just insist on killing off ol' Scott, eh? Didn't we have this conversation at least three times by now? Wolverine should just be taken out of any and all X-Titles. And the rest can be left alone.:)

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@papad1992 said:

This. So much of this, too much, infact. Except for Rogue, that preview of AvX #11 made my physically sick. Like, of all the damn people to represent the X-Men, they chose Rogue. That over exposed w***e.

That preview in itself made me sick. Seeing all the X-Men and Avengers grouped together like that...i will never forgive Marvel for this.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By papad1992

@lorex said:

@papad1992 said:

I agree that other characters need more time in the spotlight but I do not think other characters need to be killed off or banished to oblivian. This can be achieved with better writing and creative planning. The problem is the big comic book companies are a rather lazy and conservative bunch. Marvel would rather make the safe move and create a team book with Wolverine in it than to leave him off it. DC does the same thing with Batman. I hate this trend in comic books relying on certain characters to be in so many titles and I think it really dilutes the value of the character and the companies do not even pretend there is any continuity anymore. The comic book industry is just that a business and is numbers driven. I can't fault the companies for their actions but I would like to see less Wolverine and Batman in so many titles each month.

I agree.... but Cyclops, Emma, Hope and Namor need to be killed, banished or forgotten!! Let the X-Men be the X-Men again without their current baggage (the aforementioned characters)!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By papad1992

@Aero_gt said:

@papad1992: I can't follow an X-men title that doesn't feature them, and by them I mean Cyclops, current.

There are plenty of great titles and stories without those characters... try some!!

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Aero_gt said:

Same here

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By papad1992

@evilvegeta74 said:

@papad1992: Sorry, I could never agree to such a thing. No disrespect intended, Wolverine is in everything seemingly, and I grow tired of him though, but on the other hand I care less about Rogue than anyone else in the MU! I wish they off her,she is over exposed to the max and I guess that 90's Fox cartoon is the blame.

Rogue is overexposed?? Have u been paying attention to the last 12 years of the X-Men's history!? Cyclops, boy scout turned evil dictator, has been declining the X-Men not leading them! Emma, her loyalties and presence are not needed! Namor is just hang-on for the ride and does not give anything worthwhile... And Hope is just a climatic-fail!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Lol. As of Regenesis, Emma Frost is a non-factor.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Veitha

@BlackArmor said:

@Aero_gt said:

Same here

Me too.

VesKaGan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By VesKaGan

@Veitha said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Aero_gt said:

Same here

Me too.

*raises hand* ditto

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@TheAcidSkull: I doubt it is either. Bleedingcool offered no sources to where they got the info and just assumed it was Cyke so I brought the article here to see who people thought it was in general.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#30  Edited By x_29

@papad1992 said:

Nooooooooo

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By theTimeStreamer

die douche die

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Aero_gt

@VesKaGan said:

@Veitha said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Aero_gt said:

Same here

Me too.

*raises hand* ditto

Ok I can bear Snickt and bubs, but I like Rachel Grey, IceMan, and warbird. Kid Omega is the only semi-kid and I dislike kid heroes that aren't "Titans"

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By One_Eye

@AgeofHurricane said:

@papad1992 said:

This. So much of this, too much, infact. Except for Rogue, that preview of AvX #11 made my physically sick. Like, of all the damn people to represent the X-Men, they chose Rogue. That over exposed w***e.

That preview in itself made me sick. Seeing all the X-Men and Avengers grouped together like that...i will never forgive Marvel for this.

It seems as if your main X-Girl is forever meant to play second fiddle no matter what team she's on. Back in the day I was sick and tired of Wolverine hogging the spotlight as Cyclops detriment. Now it seems as if Storm is just going to be bounced from team to team and nothing more.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@One_Eye said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@papad1992 said:

It seems as if your main X-Girl is forever meant to play second fiddle no matter what team she's on. Back in the day I was sick and tired of Wolverine hogging the spotlight as Cyclops detriment. Now it seems as if Storm is just going to be bounced from team to team and nothing more.

If that's the case then i'd rather Marvel just kill her and save me, as well as others, the misery. It seems as if the predominant Editorial batch are quite confused in what to do next with the X-Men as a whole, nothing's clear anymore.

Also, Storm's original place by the end of Schism was at Wolverine's side. This 'team jump' shouldn't be much of a suprise considering her departure from Utopia is well overdue, that, and the fact that the truth is, Second Fiddle is, with the current men in power, all she can be, nothing more and i'd hope, nothing less.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mutant God

i really hope its not him

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By soduh2

@papad1992 said:

Because Storm doesn't nearly have enough spotlight as it is?

Namor needs to go back to atlantis. I like Cyclops.

EDIT: I blame Cyclop's derailment on Wolverine publicity.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By One_Eye

@soduh2 said:

@papad1992 said:

I blame the derailment of the entire X-Men franchise on Wolverine.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By papad1992

@One_Eye said:

@soduh2 said:

@papad1992 said:

I blame the derailment of the entire X-Men franchise on Wolverine.

I blame it on you One_Eye!! :P

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By papad1992

@soduh2 said:

@papad1992 said:

Well no... she doesn't have enough spotlight! If we're comparing her to Marvel's X-whores (mostly Wolverine and sometimes Cyclops) then she's mostly in the background! Excluding her adjectiveless title!

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By soduh2

@papad1992 said:

@soduh2 said:

@papad1992 said:

Well no... she doesn't have enough spotlight! If we're comparing her to Marvel's X-whores (mostly Wolverine and sometimes Cyclops) then she's mostly in the background! Excluding her adjectiveless title!

"I want to see more Storm" =/= "Storm doesn't get enough attention" I bet you she'll still be on the Avengers with Marvel Now.

"I DON'T want to see anymore Cyclops" =/= "Cyclops gets too much attention"

Wolverine is the only objectively over exposed X-men.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

According to a 2nd bleedingcool article we will learn if it is Cyclops getting lobotomized this week in AvX. I'm still guessing it is probably Avalanche since he is attacking people and the next page after the preview was the guy who look like he got lobotomized was holding a brief case.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Rickbarry

@god_spawn: Scotty needs his brain. The millions of plans stored in his brain parts will be lost.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By xeon1cs

I'm really hoping this spoiler thing worked properly, if it doesn't; I apologize and please remove this if it's unwanted!

I'd like to think Scott won't get lobotomized. It's really up in the air as to what could happen. It would be a really anti-climatic if he was, in my opinion.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@xeon1cs: And how does that in anyway imply Scott gets lobotomized? It really isn't up in the air about it. Things point towards no. Possible he gets his brain cut out? Maybe but doubtful based on no solid answer. It's unlikely considering he's already got to play a pivotal role in ANXM based on his reaction to Jean. If he's brainwashed it wouldn't make any sense to spoil it months in advance. And the previews point more towards the lobotomy victim being Avalanche.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By xeon1cs

I wasn't implying he would get lobotomized. I was implying he would NOT get lobotomized, considering everything that has/is happened/happening.

I was more so implying it's up in the air as to what could happen to him at the end of AvX.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@One_Eye said:

What the he!!...? I seriously hope that this isn't Cyclops! What would Red Skull or anyone for that matter want with Scott? I mean given the nature of events leading up to AvX; I figured that Marvel was gearing up to give him a break for a while.

It doesn't really matter if it is Cyclops or not. Since they're bringing the classic X-Men to the modern era, the whole timeline of the Marvel Universe is about to become very...squishy.

As young Scott Summers sees who he becomes and what he does, you may find that AVX never ends up happening.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By lykopis

@Crash_Recovery said:

@One_Eye said:

It doesn't really matter if it is Cyclops or not. Since they're bringing the classic X-Men to the modern era, the whole timeline of the Marvel Universe is about to become very...squishy.

As young Scott Summers sees who he becomes and what he does, you may find that AVX never ends up happening.

This is very interesting. Hmm....

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@xeon1cs: I must have mistook your post then, my mistake.

@lykopis: It is gonna get ...squishy. Everyone and their grandmothers will be an Avenger. We will have 2 Cyclopes, 2 Angels, 2 Icemen and 3 Beasts which 3 Beasts is way too much since I can hardly stand just fuzzy wuzzy Hank anymore.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By Magian

S-Men?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.