Cyclops maybe going to jail

  • 52 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8151 posts) - - Show Bio

How can you tell its Cyclops?

#3 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCheeseStabber said:

How can you tell its Cyclops?

Arms make an "X" symbol and his costume looks the same, from what I can see. Could be someone else, though.

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (13000 posts) - - Show Bio
@AweSam said:

@TheCheeseStabber said:

How can you tell its Cyclops?

Arms make an "X" symbol and his costume looks the same, from what I can see. Could be someone else, though.

In addition there is a red hue on the exposed parts of his arm....unless I am seeing things
#5 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8151 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@AweSam said:

@TheCheeseStabber said:

How can you tell its Cyclops?

Arms make an "X" symbol and his costume looks the same, from what I can see. Could be someone else, though.

In addition there is a red hue on the exposed parts of his arm....unless I am seeing things

True True.

#6 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

BS. Complete BS.

#7 Posted by BlackArmor (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

.....................at least he lives.

Then again to quote another of my favorite fictional characters "I may be in hell, but at least I'm not in jail!!!"

#8 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear Marvel

#9 Posted by CrimsonCake (2679 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be quite a twist,if it is cyclops then I imagine that in court he'll try to justify his actions and Captain america will be the prosecutor.

#10 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3600 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

That would be quite a twist,if it is cyclops then I imagine that in court he'll try to justify his actions and Captain america will be the prosecutor.

That would be ridiculous considering how Scarlet Witch was treated after her own actions. I suppose asking for some form of internal consistency for this event would be asking too much, though.

#11 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok. Cyclops goes to space jail. One of the former p5 goes to break him out. They find Thor and Rulk. They beat the living crap out of the person, but they're somehow still alive. Now...here's the best part. The person who's broken and dying says one thing that makes them fight each other. They explode and the former p5 member survives and asks a dead family member if they did well. That doesn't sound totally retarded, right?

#12 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

Dear Marvel

Marvel distracted you with their lighting while you were shooting a scene?

#13 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: It's does don't worry

#14 Posted by Dman1366 (718 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: I see what you did there. hahaha

#15 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366: What?! I just pulled that out of my rear after eating a sandwich. No one would ever put that in a major comic. That'd be stupid.

#16 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey people it can be Namor as well considering his attack on wakanda and the devastation it caused.

#17 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixoftheTides: @JoseDRiveraTCR7: @BlackArmor: @Rickbarry said:

@Dman1366: What?! I just pulled that out of my rear after eating a sandwich. No one would ever put that in a major comic. That'd be stupid.

Well, it's better than whatever crap that's been written in this event so far. All AvX serves is to just throw certain characters under the bus at the expense of their cash-cows. Like I said in another thread, Cyclops vs Wolverine AND Captain America? Feh...If Marvel was trying to do morally-grey in this event then once again they've failed just like they failed with Civil War. All this has devolved back into what it was since issue one-a standard superhero slobber-knocker. I can hardly remember the last time an event actually had a solid build-up and valid villain.

If Cyclops goes to jail then that will just prove to provide the Cyke-haters out there with some consolation just because they can't kill him off. If it wasn't for the fact that Gillen was writing then I'd have a complete lack of faith in 'Consequences.'

#18 Posted by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

Its been speculated that Cyclops is headed for a rather large fall. I hope that like Captain America and Iron Man some effort will be made to build him back up and he is not just thrown to the wolves.

#19 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Why Cyclops? It's Namor and Emma killing and drowning people and Illyana and Piotr doing some horrible to stuff involving Limbo. Cyke has kept a level head through most of it. If he gets punished the others have to be too. More so than him.

#20 Posted by Dernman (15250 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want them to do something with Namor over this issue. Not just sweep it under the rug.

#21 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

wait... Cyclops goes to jail and wanda didn't? What????

If anyone in the Phoenix five shouldn't go to jail it should be cyclops. He's the only one who hasn't completely lost it.

#22 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is cykes I wouldn't be surprised. Writers have been screwing the character for years.

#23 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao @ how the Avengers are seemingly getting off Scott-free (see what i did there ?) in all this. Just LOL.

#24 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I really want them to do something with Namor over this issue. Not just sweep it under the rug.

exactly i want that cocky bastard to pay. grill his a$$ already guys.

#25 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Well at least he didn't die.

#26 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1337 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the hang up on wanda most of the flat scan population knew nothing about M day until civil war and maria hill,s mind readers probing spider man IIRC.

#27 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:

If this is cykes I wouldn't be surprised. Writers have been screwing the character for years.

Yup. Marvel have completely lost touch. AvX is simply horrendous and proof that the company needs a total clean out.
#28 Posted by TDK_1997 (14988 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that actually Cyclops would go to jail and that one of these arms is his.

#29 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Teaser Image from AvX#10

#30 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@ssejllenrad said:

If this is cykes I wouldn't be surprised. Writers have been screwing the character for years.

Yup. Marvel have completely lost touch. AvX is simply horrendous and proof that the company needs a total clean out.

Are you really surprised, though, given that Marvel only cares about using him to make other characters look cool as far as I'm concerned.

#31 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@One_Eye said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@ssejllenrad said:

If this is cykes I wouldn't be surprised. Writers have been screwing the character for years.

Yup. Marvel have completely lost touch. AvX is simply horrendous and proof that the company needs a total clean out.

Are you really surprised, though, given that Marvel only cares about using him to make other characters look cool as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not surprised at all.  
 
That's what they've been doing with him since Claremont's run.  
Have him be the straight-laced boring guy who makes unpopular decisions so other characters can be cool and rebellious by telling him to shove it.  
 
At least we have the early 2000s, when Cyke was given a chance to shine. 
#32 Edited by God_Spawn (38111 posts) - - Show Bio

If he goes it might not be for long. Alonso basically spoiled that Cyclops will live after AvX.

Moderator
#33 Posted by stormphoenix (938 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@CrimsonCake said:

That would be quite a twist,if it is cyclops then I imagine that in court he'll try to justify his actions and Captain america will be the prosecutor.

That would be ridiculous considering how Scarlet Witch was treated after her own actions. I suppose asking for some form of internal consistency for this event would be asking too much, though.

Thank you for saying that. Thank you, if Scott goes to jail then Scarlet Witch needs to follow right behind him.

#34 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hareil0079 said:

Hey people it can be Namor as well considering his attack on wakanda and the devastation it caused.

That'd be more suitable to me... Namor forever placed in jail and Cyclops (somehow) dead!! That takes care of two of the worst X-Men!!

#35 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@Hareil0079 said:

Hey people it can be Namor as well considering his attack on wakanda and the devastation it caused.

That'd be more suitable to me... Namor forever placed in jail and Cyclops (somehow) dead!! That takes care of two of the worst X-Men!!

I'd sooner see Scarlet Witch and Tony Stark jailed or killed after this event given their track record.

#36 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

@One_Eye said:

@papad1992 said:

@Hareil0079 said:

Hey people it can be Namor as well considering his attack on wakanda and the devastation it caused.

That'd be more suitable to me... Namor forever placed in jail and Cyclops (somehow) dead!! That takes care of two of the worst X-Men!!

I'd sooner see Scarlet Witch and Tony Stark jailed or killed after this event given their track record.

What i'd give to see this come to pass.

Two of the world's most biggest idiots.

#37 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@One_Eye said:

@papad1992 said:

@Hareil0079 said:

Hey people it can be Namor as well considering his attack on wakanda and the devastation it caused.

That'd be more suitable to me... Namor forever placed in jail and Cyclops (somehow) dead!! That takes care of two of the worst X-Men!!

I'd sooner see Scarlet Witch and Tony Stark jailed or killed after this event given their track record.

What i'd give to see this come to pass.

Two of the world's most biggest idiots.

And Cap.

#38 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18857 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hareil0079 said:

Hey people it can be Namor as well considering his attack on wakanda and the devastation it caused.

Namor never wears a shirt :P

#39 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately it's hard to argue otherwise because we don't see enough of this supposed good the Phoenix Five are doing.

#40 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

@Hareil0079 said:

Hey people it can be Namor as well considering his attack on wakanda and the devastation it caused.

Namor never wears a shirt :P

True but his P5 out fit h did have sleeves.

#41 Posted by aaunderoath (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist said:

Why Cyclops? It's Namor and Emma killing and drowning people and Illyana and Piotr doing some horrible to stuff involving Limbo. Cyke has kept a level head through most of it. If he gets punished the others have to be too. More so than him.

1000x this

#42 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3600 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53 said:

Why the hang up on wanda most of the flat scan population knew nothing about M day until civil war and maria hill,s mind readers probing spider man IIRC.

Just because people don't know about a genocide outside of a place doesn't excuse the people who took part in it. And I'm not even necessarily saying that Wanda should be killed or anything, but she's been allowed to roam free with absolutely no outside people working with her to repair the damage. She simply gave Rictor his powers back and then went on a soul searching mission. The P5 have done a lot of good things around the world, and honestly, this event has more to do with them and the Avengers not agreeing then anything outside of them. You could say it was the Avengers that pushed them so hard that some of them started to lose it. Remember, every time Jean had the Phoenix Force, during the original arc and post-retcon attempt, she's actually been building control - it was villains and enemies seeking to use her that caused her to lose her sanity as she had to amp up her usage of powers to defend herself.

#43 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1337 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixoftheTides:

Good points.

But then the whole of AvX has ignored a lot of the X-men and phoenix past history which is too bad if done well it would have been a heck of a story.

#44 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@One_Eye said:

@papad1992 said:

@Hareil0079 said:

Hey people it can be Namor as well considering his attack on wakanda and the devastation it caused.

That'd be more suitable to me... Namor forever placed in jail and Cyclops (somehow) dead!! That takes care of two of the worst X-Men!!

I'd sooner see Scarlet Witch and Tony Stark jailed or killed after this event given their track record.

That'd be a big HELL NO!!

#45 Posted by Skaddix (3117 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hareil0079 said:

Hey people it can be Namor as well considering his attack on wakanda and the devastation it caused.

Indeed if Scott is only going to jail then Namor needs the death penalty.

#46 Edited by allthatsgeek (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, I just noticed something! It can't be Namor, unless someone at Marvel dosn't pay attention to character design (pffffft). Note, the right hand has the thumb covered by his costume. In all the depictions of PheNamor I've been able to find, his thumb was always the only finger exposed. All obvious signs point to Cyke taking the fall, in which case as everyone else already stated, ummmm SCARLET WITCH/NAMOR ANYONE?!

@Madame_Mist: Hey now, the whole Limbo dealy was all Magik. The worst thing Pete did was put crab legs on whales...and for what it's worth, I like them better this way. IMO He's been the most level headed out of the bunch.

EDIT: Also, upon further contemplation, when the p5 lose their powers, they lose their costume, so that would pretty much HAVE to be cyke.

#47 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump this topic back up

#48 Edited by allthatsgeek (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, so Cyclops kills Xavier as he's trying to shut his mind off, and he gets jail time.

Namor floods a city and kills thousands(?) of innocent civilians.......Nada?

Black Panther had better seriously stick a claw straight through his fishy heart.

#49 Posted by JohnnyGat (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@One_Eye said:

@papad1992 said:

@Hareil0079 said:

Hey people it can be Namor as well considering his attack on wakanda and the devastation it caused.

That'd be more suitable to me... Namor forever placed in jail and Cyclops (somehow) dead!! That takes care of two of the worst X-Men!!

I'd sooner see Scarlet Witch and Tony Stark jailed or killed after this event given their track record.

That'd be a big HELL YES!!

fixed

#50 Posted by JohnnyGat (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

@allthatsgeek said:

Oh, I just noticed something! It can't be Namor, unless someone at Marvel dosn't pay attention to character design (pffffft). Note, the right hand has the thumb covered by his costume. In all the depictions of PheNamor I've been able to find, his thumb was always the only finger exposed. All obvious signs point to Cyke taking the fall, in which case as everyone else already stated, ummmm SCARLET WITCH/NAMOR ANYONE?!

@Madame_Mist: Hey now, the whole Limbo dealy was all Magik. The worst thing Pete did was put crab legs on whales...and for what it's worth, I like them better this way. IMO He's been the most level headed out of the bunch.

EDIT: Also, upon further contemplation, when the p5 lose their powers, they lose their costume, so that would pretty much HAVE to be cyke.

Nope. In Uncanny X-Men 18 you still see both Magik and Colossus with their P5 attire on.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.