cyclops costume quesiton

#1 Posted by papabearg4d (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi,

Just a question, I bought Uncanny X-men # 1 and was wondering if this is the first appearance of cyclops' new costume?

#2 Posted by slimlim (266 posts) - - Show Bio

seems like it. thought there would be some explanation to the change. guess we'll have to wait and see

#3 Posted by papabearg4d (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I see, so this is the first appearance of it? cool, I thought it was in other x-men titles Thanks!

#4 Posted by havoc1201 (522 posts) - - Show Bio

i wonder if the new suit helps control his powers now

#5 Posted by God_Spawn (38339 posts) - - Show Bio

@havoc1201 said:

i wonder if the new suit helps control his powers now

To a degree, I would say yes. His other visor kept flying off of his face easily in ANXM. This new one looks built into the cowl and seems more stable.

#6 Posted by judasnixon (7210 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn:  Ha Ha Ha  Ha... You would think he would figure that problem out a little bit sooner. I don't know who lost their eyewear more Cyclops or Thelma from Scooby Doo?
#7 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

Ha Ha Ha Ha... You would think he would figure that problem out a little bit sooner. I don't know who lost their eyewear more Cyclops or Thelma from Scooby Doo?

Thelma/Velma did. If CYCLOPS was losing his eyewear on a regular basis, they'd start treating him like the Hulk: "What's that? Cyclops is heading towards a city? Signal evacuation, everyone out before he gets there. If he loses his glasses, we're ****ed."

On topic: Yes, this is the first appearance of the new costume. The explanation appears to be: Well, the visor keeps getting blasted off his face since he can't control the blast (Hence why in the past, when he decided to go '**** this thing, I'mma nuke it', he generally removed his visor first before opening his eyes fully) so he built the visor into the helmet to help mitigate the damage. Still can't control his output, but he can better control where that output goes.

#8 Posted by slimlim (266 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

@judasnixon said:

Ha Ha Ha Ha... You would think he would figure that problem out a little bit sooner. I don't know who lost their eyewear more Cyclops or Thelma from Scooby Doo?

Thelma/Velma did. If CYCLOPS was losing his eyewear on a regular basis, they'd start treating him like the Hulk: "What's that? Cyclops is heading towards a city? Signal evacuation, everyone out before he gets there. If he loses his glasses, we're ****ed."

On topic: Yes, this is the first appearance of the new costume. The explanation appears to be: Well, the visor keeps getting blasted off his face since he can't control the blast (Hence why in the past, when he decided to go '**** this thing, I'mma nuke it', he generally removed his visor first before opening his eyes fully) so he built the visor into the helmet to help mitigate the damage. Still can't control his output, but he can better control where that output goes.

Sounds like a good enough explanation. still... would have thought it would be explained in some way in the pages of Uncanny or ANXM.

#9 Posted by papabearg4d (110 posts) - - Show Bio

hopefully it gets explain along the way, the sooner the better though

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.