Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Current X books worth reading?

GillaDro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Are any of the current X-Men titles worth reading? I stopped buying all x titles during all the AVX bull, wondering which ones are worth reading if any.

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Djainess

I'd say All-New X-factor and Uncanny X-men are currently the best. A lot of people here will disagree with me however :p

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@gilladro: I agree with @djainess:, X-factor and Uncanny are probably the best.

1. All-New X-Factor (pretty great all around)

2. Uncanny X-Men (one of the best X-men books in years, despite a few weak issues here and there)

3. X-Men (I've been hot and cold with this one, but out of 16 issues I still think the first 4 and the last 4 -Bloodline- have been quite good)

4. Wolverine & the X-Men (very fun and quite well executed, even if it does rely too much on some overused tropes)

5. CyclopsandStorm (both of these are off to a compelling start, though I can't really judge either on the one or two issues so far)

GillaDro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2. Uncanny X-Men (one of the best X-men books in years, despite a few weak issues here and there)

3. X-Men (I've been hot and cold with this one, but out of 16 issues I still think the first 4 and the last 4 -Bloodline- have been quite good)

4. Wolverine & the X-Men (very fun and quite well executed, even if it does rely too much on some overused tropes)

5. CyclopsandStorm (both of these are off to a compelling start, though I can't really judge either on the one or two issues so far)

Thanks. I'll check those two out then.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Magneto and All-New X-Factor.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

1. Magneto
    2. Cyclops
    3. Uncanny X-Men
    4. All-New X-Men
    5. All-New X-Factor
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree about X-Men Vol.4, really kind of lost interest with the book on the whole. I think having a whole female cast kinda sucks too.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree about X-Men Vol.4, really kind of lost interest with the book on the whole. I think having a whole female cast kinda sucks too.

have you read the last four issues (X-Men #13 -16)? because they're pretty good.

also, as much as I like Storm's core team, they aren't the entire cast. Beast and Hellion have both been as much a part of the story for the last few months.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By John Valentine

@oldnightcrawler said:

@john_valentine said:

have you read the last four issues (X-Men #13 -16)? because they're pretty good.

also, as much as I like Storm's core team, they aren't the entire cast. Beast and Hellion have both been as much a part of the story for the last few months.

Yeah, read through them just now. They're good, actually. Much better than the issues after Primer - through BOTA and the Muertas arc.

I like the side-stories in the more recent issues. Mainly because they have Hellion in them!

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine:

yeah, if I suggest this series to people I tell them to just read the first 4 issues and then skip to issue #13 as though it's the next issue, because you really don't miss anything all that interesting by doing so.

it kind of feels like Wood put his ideas for the series on hold for 8 issues while he fulfilled his crossover and promotional duties, then just jumped back into it once he knew he had a strait 6 issue arc to run with. It's like he's saying, don't bother reading the 2nd trade.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

All-New X-Factor is a decent read.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All-new X-factor, Magneto and X-force. I gave up on Wood :(

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO, they're the best they've been since before Messiah Complex.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to agree.

While I may not be interested in every X-book out at the moment, I'm genuinely enjoying more of them than I have in years.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine said:

I have to agree.

While I may not be interested in every X-book out at the moment, I'm genuinely enjoying more of them than I have in years.

Uncanny, All-New X-Men, Magneto, All-New X-Factor, even WaTXM and Amazing X-Men are good. Nightcrawler's good too.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncanny, All-New X-Men, Magneto, All-New X-Factor, even WaTXM and Amazing X-Men are good. Nightcrawler's good too.

yeah, I'm not reading all of those, but there's more than enough books that I'm enjoying* -probably more than there ever has been at one time- that I don't mind if not every book's for me. Not everything's for everyone, but really I'm kind of just happy to have so many decent books to choose from.

I guess I could get bent out of shape that my favorite characters (Nightcrawler and Kitty) are only featured in books I'm not interested in, but you and others seem to be enjoying those books, so I figure I can at least be happy that they're still popular enough that I'm bound to end up reading about them again at some point.

*(just X-men, Uncanny', X-factor, WatX-men, Cyclops, and Storm -still more than I've ever followed at one time)

phoenixgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would recommend All new xmen and Uncanny xmen.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should definitely grab X-Force and the late X-Men Legacy, both by Simon Spurrier.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Uncanny is pretty good (if you're interested in the dark side of the mutants)

Wolverine and the x men is actually decent (if you want fun and lightheartedness)

Cyclops (really good, family that kicks butt type story)

I would suggest checking those out

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto, X-Factor, X-Force, Cyclops and Nightcrawler are the only book worth checking. Don't read Uncanny X-Men or All New X-Men, you'll fall asleep becaus eof Bendis slow pacing. Wolverine and the X-Men is pretty boring and Amazing X-Men doesn't look like it's going to be better than before.

rodwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raggedscarecrow: I read the first four issues of legacy but i just couldn't seem to get into it? i dont really know why, maybe im just not connecting to the characters. That being said i actually think david is a good character, its the supporting cast of the two kids, and the eye mutant who knows too much, that I dont really get on with?

So i decided to give x force a go, which i think i prefer. i have read 3 issues. I haven't made my mind up about the art yet. I have really mixed emotions about this book to, im starting to think i dont like fantomex and i was really put off when they introduced the character meme. I quite like marrow this is the first i read about her.i do enjoy some of the fight scenes but the story doesnt really stick with me. X-force has made me want to read cable and x force tho as i want to find out what happened to hope as i saw her sick or passed out?

So yeah im struggling with spurrier. I would love to know what you like about these books and what you see what i dont? Plus if anyone else has any comments on these books i would love to hear them. Does anyone else struggle to enjoy spurriers x books?

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

1. X-Force

2. Magneto

X-Men is about to get a new creative team so we'll see on that one. Uncanny is intriguing, but has its problems.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.