Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Could you see Scott & Madelyne together again?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Okay this is specifically for those who have READ the history between these to AND have seen the chemistry. Madelyne was very much a well written character-- but it seemed when Jean came back, Marvel had to make her a villain so they could get rid of her without making Scott seem like a total jerk and Jean a homewreker. Bummer. Now that Scott and Emma are done (for now) and Jean is Dead (for real) could you see Cyclops and Madelyne Pryor crossing as love interests again? (I mean they did get married once and have a child-- it's not entirely out of the question.) I think it would really intensify the plot.

Cyclops always did have the best relationships when he was with a naughty girl imo.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

si

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

Nope. Scott abandoned her and their newborn baby to be with Jean, and right after that the Marauders almost killed her, so, I am sure that would drive anyone to hold a grudge. Not to mention she kind of "raped" Cyclops and tried to kill Psylocke later on.....

What is it with X-Men fans and wanting to see a rotating scale of the same old sh*t?? Why not just have Cyclops meet someone new or start a relationship with someone else??

"Hey I want to see Rogue get Ms Marvels powers back, oh, oh, and Gambit and Jubilee be X-Men again, oooh, and just have them fight Magneto and bring the Acolytes back so they can fight the X-Men again and again forever!!!!"--That is obviously an exaggeration, but, you get what I mean.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nah...

She almost killed his son... And hers...

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EC2277

@poisonfleur said:

Okay this is specifically for those who have READ the history between these to AND have seen the chemistry. Madelyne was very much a well written character-- but it seemed when Jean came back, Marvel had to make her a villain so they could get rid of her without making Scott seem like a total jerk and Jean a homewreker. Bummer. Now that Scott and Emma are done (for now) and Jean is Dead (for real) could you see Cyclops and Madelyne Pryor crossing as love interests again? (I mean they did get married once and have a child-- it's not entirely out of the question.) I think it would really intensify the plot.

Cyclops always did have the best relationships when he was with a naughty girl imo.

In my opinion it isn't possible because their marriage was almost end before of the resurrection of Jean: Madelyne wanted that Scott let the X-Men to become a full time father and the manager of the company of his grandfather, while he wanted return to be a full time X-Men.

In the original plot of Claremont, Scott should have save Madelyne from Sinister and after that he should have leave definitely the X-Men; if I remember well what was wrote in an article published in appendix to the italian edition of Inferno. But the resurrection of Jean upset that plot and what happened after X-Factor 1, destroyed the love between Scott and his wife, in a way that I don't see how it can be reconstruct.

Anyway I would really love her return, but in the role of Scott's enemy who find avenge; the avenge of a woman betrayed and abandoned. Not a temporary return, but a permanent return: she could become an implacable menace, like or even worst than Mr Sinistrer is.

With regard to the dynamics of the relationship between Scott and Madelyne, in my opinion it was very similar to the relationship between Scott and Jean, exactly like the personality of the two characters are very similar; in fact I usually define Madelyne like "a Jean with the soul made rotten by rancour".

@cattlebattle said:

[…]

What is it with X-Men fans and wanting to see a rotating scale of the same old sh*t?? Why not just have Cyclops meet someone new or start a relationship with someone else??

[…]

In my opinion the writers would write only the same old story. So why write something which pretend to be new, when in fact the only difference would be a different character in the same role of the old one?

The Scott's relationship with Emma is be a perfect example of what I mean: the writers would have use Emma to make Cyclops the new White King of the Inner Circle (to give an example of a story that it couldn't be tell with Jean), instead they had simply put Emma in the Jean's role.

The relationship with Madelyne is only a different case, because the original plot was a story that Claremont might have tell also with Jean, with little adjustement. But she was dead and so Claremont created Madelyne.

So I agree with you: why repeat every time the same old stories?

Maybe they was good stories, but I don't think that the nostalgia is the reason of this continuous "Play it again, Sam".

P.S. Every time I have to rewrite three o four times my posts, because rereading them I found that I have written what I want say in a wrong way.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. She almost killed their child. I could see him trying to get her to change though. Like how Spidey was constantly trying to save Harry Osborn when he was the Green Goblin.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. There are WAY too many traumas in that relationship. There would have to be a heavy dose of retconning all through the last 25 years to make her seem like a good guy.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah...

Why not ?

All she did was just try to kill her and Cyclops' own son, bang his own brother to get back at him, and turn from great wife material into a raging psychopathic lunatic dominatrix with a penchant for torture . You don't want her to get back with Cyclops just due to these trivial issues ? Oh c'mon man...

If these minor concerns don't matter to Storm fangirls, then why should they matter to the rest of us, eh ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

hell no

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

hell yeah ! Most stable married couple in the history of comics !

Fixed.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh....just no.

I mean I don't even see this as nostalgic like say Gambit and Rogue (OTP by the way). This relationship was ended, and then wrapped up in every conceivable way. Hell its been revisited just to wrap it up some more.

Even ignoring all the crazy X-Men crap that followed. Maddie was controlling, jealous and distrustful while Scott was neglectful, distant and suffocating in his role as a civilian husband.

When two people break up with that many issues between them its not gonna work. Then you add in the fact that she's, a clone of his true love designed by the man who tortured and manipulated him for his entire life and that almost every subsequent return she's made has been to in someway harm him....well why would anyone ship this except to see Cyke killed in his sleep?

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Uh....just no.

I mean I don't even see this as nostalgic like say Gambit and Rogue (OTP by the way). This relationship was ended, and then wrapped up in every conceivable way. Hell its been revisited just to wrap it up some more.

Even ignoring all the crazy X-Men crap that followed. Maddie was controlling, jealous and distrustful while Scott was neglectful, distant and suffocating in his role as a civilian husband.

When two people break up with that many issues between them its not gonna work. Then you add in the fact that she's, a clone of his true love designed by the man who tortured and manipulated him for his entire life and that almost every subsequent return she's made has been to in someway harm him....well why would anyone ship this except to see Cyke killed in his sleep?

Cuz its romantic. At least according to Storm fangirls.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: Lol well, that's a new approach.

Usually they just say Cyke is a horrible person and he needs to be killed off in some gruesome way. I don't agree but it's straight forward.

Setting him up with his crazy ex? That's just wrong.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its also kinky

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think if you want nostalgia and to build on some recent developments, it might make a little more sense for Maddie to get with Havok instead of Cyclops.

P.S. I officially now wish that Hope was a Phoenix Force/Goblin Force clone of Maddie. That could be interesting

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And how could you possibly see this happen, considering the insignificant continuity and all?

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait... isn't Madeline Pyor dead?

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: Um...

I REALLY don't know how to respond to that

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

To OP, your post wasn't there when I posted lol

eh. I don't get notifications =\

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@duzz: back alive for about a year now.

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@duzz: back alive for about a year now.

Really?! Since when?!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@duzz: X-Men vol. 4 Brian Wood's run... Brought Selene back as well

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no, sadly emma is his future which is wrong cause it should be jean......

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Madelyne Pryor is like Hope or Rachel or O5 Jean in that she's yet another iteration of Jean. Marvel would much rather keep 4 fake Jeans around then resurrect the real one and, as such, the ones in the world of the living are meant to compensate for her at the cost of their own identities. When Madelyne was brought back during Brubaker's run on X-men, it was just a Jean-tease, another way to insinuate Jean into Cyke and Emma's life and really bad one at that. Other than that? I don't think the editors see the value in her, sadly.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think all the hate between the two would create a great unexpected twist. ESPECIALLY since Cyclops is a WAAAAAAAYYYY different person since the broke up and the last time she 'died'. I wonder what there chemistry would be like now. I could see hate s3x and an relentless version of Emma that might push Cyclops into a 'ALL-NEW* direction (excuse the pun)

Plus why is everyone complaining about their chemistry????? LAST TIME I CHECKED, EMMA FROST WAS A HORRIBLE MATCH UP WITH CYCLOPS BEFORE UNDER THE PEN OF MORRISON. Or did everyone forget all of a sudden????

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By EC2277

@poisonfleur said:

I think all the hate between the two would create a great unexpected twist. ESPECIALLY since Cyclops is a WAAAAAAAYYYY different person since the broke up and the last time she 'died'. I wonder what there chemistry would be like now. I could see hate s3x and an relentless version of Emma that might push Cyclops into a 'ALL-NEW* direction (excuse the pun)

Plus why is everyone complaining about their chemistry????? LAST TIME I CHECKED, EMMA FROST WAS A HORRIBLE MATCH UP WITH CYCLOPS BEFORE UNDER THE PEN OF MORRISON. Or did everyone forget all of a sudden????

Are you talking about a possible return of Madelyne with Cyclops and about how Emma could react to what?

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

/facepalm

anjuwayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe he could try and change her but it wouldn't work because things would always stop them like maybe emma could end up pregnant with scott or jean could return again... But I think she was programmed to fall inlove with cyke so it is bound to happen... I just think it suits her to be a villain, she is the best, equal and opposite of jean grey...

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:

true i always thought emma would end up with banshee 0.0

No Caption Provided

thats emma and banshee BTW

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma was great with Scott, screw the haters! I would love to see Madelene and Emma cat fight.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@duzz said:

Emma was great with Scott, screw the haters! I would love to see Madelene and Emma cat fight.

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wut?

You do realise that Scott wouldn't want anything to do with her, right? Considering that you specifically stated your question was to be answered by fans who actually read the stories involving them? So, no. I can't see it happening, unless Scott had a lobotomy which activated the isolated piece of The Void still in his mind and Sinister made a clone of Scott so Maddie would have a boytoy to keep attached to her wrist/ankle/neck.

Where did this even come from? I am really curious to know.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@ms-lola said:

It came from where all the Storm fangirls' take on the whole Cyclops/Maddie situation usually comes from. Basically the place they pull all these theories out from ;)

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

It came from where all the Storm fangirls' take on the whole Cyclops/Maddie situation usually comes from.

Calm down, boy-wonder...
    Calm down, boy-wonder...

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85 said:

@ms-lola said:

It came from where all the Storm fangirls' take on the whole Cyclops/Maddie situation usually comes from.

Calm down, boy-wonder...
    Calm down, boy-wonder...

ohh hell yess...

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott/Ms. Sinister is better
    Scott/Ms. Sinister is better

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I wonder how a Polaris and Scott pairing would work. Scott is the more stable of the Summer's brothers, and Lorna craves stability. I don't think anyone has ever paired them up since we're used to both being in relationships.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I wonder how a Polaris and Scott pairing would work. Scott is the more stable of the Summer's brothers, and Lorna craves stability. I don't think anyone has ever paired them up since we're used to both being in relationships.

He won't bang his own brother's Ex. He doesn't stoop that low like his brother lol, unless the next writer wants to make some drastic changes to his personality.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I wouldn't get back with him if I were Maddie... and also if I were Scott, honestly, she's quite crazy.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides said:

He won't bang his own brother's Ex. He doesn't stoop that low like his brother lol, unless the next writer wants to make some drastic changes to his personality.

it the ultimates line....alex was the older brother and scott was the younger brother and scott told jean he used to date lorna first then scott ignored her and lorna found alex ad left scott for alex.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By primebonnick
    Loading Video...

But i do love madelyn though hope she and selene show up soon again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.