Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Could We Be Seeing The End of the X-Men?

• 91 results
    Cale_Michael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Cale_Michael

I hope not. Kind of a mutie-lover. Just wish things weren't so dreary...

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By jubilee042

@DATNIGGA said:

no because marvel will never want to see the end of there money

this

Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Marshal Victory

i think if we are seeing the end of the x men can the y men be far behind to replace them?

airbound_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54  Edited By airbound_dude

SInce they lost Jean Grey, they lost their heart and since Cyclops kicked Xavier ( in a horrible and full of plot holes Deadly Genesis) they have lost the brains of the X-Men and they have limped ever since. For all the faults Xavier had Cyclops have done worse and Schism was nothing but a fight over what "would Jean think if she saw you " argument. If all the dirty details that Cyclops have ordered would be exposed he will be as bad if not worse than Xavier himself. The greatest threat to mutantkind have always been their divisions and petty fight. Because neither Xavier nor Magneto could find a compromise they were divided to different threats and now that Xavier's students are so divided that alone they will fail. If the X-Men should ever be united , neither Cyclops nor Wolverine should be at the head of the organization. Scarlet Witch is a real threat to the mutants but can be turned around if she said "more mutants". Sounds stupid but yeah, that's how she does it. Marvel should eventually do something positive to the X-Men saga of suffering or it will become to masochist to be believed. I grew up with the X-Men as a kid and it's sad how far they have fallen. One can only hope that it can get better at some point. But that's just me.

chaosimpact79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By chaosimpact79

@airbound_dude said:

SInce they lost Jean Grey, they lost their heart and since Cyclops kicked Xavier ( in a horrible and full of plot holes Deadly Genesis) they have lost the brains of the X-Men and they have limped ever since. For all the faults Xavier had Cyclops have done worse and Schism was nothing but a fight over what "would Jean think if she saw you " argument. If all the dirty details that Cyclops have ordered would be exposed he will be as bad if not worse than Xavier himself. The greatest threat to mutantkind have always been their divisions and petty fight. Because neither Xavier nor Magneto could find a compromise they were divided to different threats and now that Xavier's students are so divided that alone they will fail. If the X-Men should ever be united , neither Cyclops nor Wolverine should be at the head of the organization. Scarlet Witch is a real threat to the mutants but can be turned around if she said "more mutants". Sounds stupid but yeah, that's how she does it. Marvel should eventually do something positive to the X-Men saga of suffering or it will become to masochist to be believed. I grew up with the X-Men as a kid and it's sad how far they have fallen. One can only hope that it can get better at some point. But that's just me.

true words airbound and its sad but true.humanity is the number one threat to mutants but at a close second is themselves.the body can not live with both the brain and heart gone.the only way for mutants to live is for marvel to stop treating them like they are the bad guys.mutants are hated for being different but you have human villians namely osborn stick around to continue wreak havok in the marvel universe.only spiderman and hulk had it as tough as mutants but they are always more accepted than mutants.i laugh at marvel fans that say they don't like the xmen but just love franklin richards failing to realize or acknowledge that he too is a mutant.i know that i'm just clucthing at straws in a tornado but i want to see the day that marvel erase the title of mutants and just use the titles of hero or villians.it might not happen in my life time but at least my kids will experience the equality of a fair marvel universe..........

Rain Tilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Rain Tilla

I think this is a dumb fight the x men are going to lose big time and i think the 2 best people they have are

Magneto and storm the rest are trash AVENGERS all the way am a marvel fan big time but the x men are nothing without Beast or Wolverine

Mrakbarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By Mrakbarman

I just wish theyd start over again. new readers like me xant understand a single issue. i never knew they would complicate to the extent that cyclops and wolverine would have a showdown. im not saying the whole ultimate xmen or anything but just... something 'fresh'

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By karrob

No but it might be an end to the x-men as we know it. When "family" has differences it often takes awhile to mend those fences.

Avatar image for notoriousmistersims
    notoriousmistersims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cant see the x men ending any time soon it's just part of a bigger story dat will or at least i think has to evolve in the coming yrs yeah it's a wait but i can see it happening could never see marvel not releasing x men books in real world terms loks bad for em in the books but dats makes a more interesting story x men have always had there back to the wall just another day for the xmen haha

Ivyphoenix17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ivyphoenix17

I hope they will create X-Men like the "New 52" in DC but isn't that plagarism? And I think something good might be happen after the AvX arc. Maybe, most of the mutants will be re-empowered and the division between the x-men will be healed. But still, it is too sad to see Professor X not leading the X-Men anymore I hope they will turn the leadership to Professor X and let him do the old fashion way. I wonder? what will be the reaction of Jean if she discovers the events that are happening to the x-men right now?

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By Inverno

I loved the X-Men but they died to me a long time ago I don't even care.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Edgeworth_11

@Deadcool said:

I never liked the X-men...

Blasphemy.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#63  Edited By The Impersonator

What about Generation Hope? Have you considered the fact that there could be new mutant births? The Five Lights and Hope have been born after the Decimation.

Avatar image for red_lightning_alpha
    Red_Lightning_Alpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im looking forward to this event but it does feel like an excuse to bring back jean grey

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By deadpool25mm

@Deadcool: Yeah me too, but Wolverine is ok.

BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By BuddyBulson

Hope gives all the depowered mutants from M-day their powers back and scarlet witch gets the phoenix force! AVX will be great.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cale_Michael said:

Yeah, it's angst overload.

@chaosimpact79 said:

true words airbound and its sad but true.humanity is the number one threat to mutants but at a close second is themselves.the body can not live with both the brain and heart gone.the only way for mutants to live is for marvel to stop treating them like they are the bad guys.mutants are hated for being different but you have human villians namely osborn stick around to continue wreak havok in the marvel universe.only spiderman and hulk had it as tough as mutants but they are always more accepted than mutants.i laugh at marvel fans that say they don't like the xmen but just love franklin richards failing to realize or acknowledge that he too is a mutant.i know that i'm just clucthing at straws in a tornado but i want to see the day that marvel erase the title of mutants and just use the titles of hero or villians.it might not happen in my life time but at least my kids will experience the equality of a fair marvel universe..........

I agree. I'm over the "everyone hates mutants" storyline, when they are in a universe with other superhumans running around. Wouldn't it make more sense to hate the supervillains that are running around killing people instead of a bunch of private citizens who spontaneously gain powers yet keep to themselves? Why not make the Sentinels hunt mad scientific geniuses like Doc Oc and Dr Doom because they cause more problems than mutants overall? "I hate that kid because he has wings /rage. Oh, but the Falcon, Namor and the Fantastic Four are cool!"

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By No_Name_

@Zaklops said:

I don't know, the Scarlet Witch has said in children's crusade that she wants to fix M-day so maybe AvX might lead to a small mutant boom of either re-powering former mutants or giving random humans the X-gene. of course this is from an optimist's perspective.

But she doesn't have the power to reverse what she did. DOOM does. That's what's scary.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#69  Edited By Outside_85

Biggest treat to the X-Men: Stagnation

frochez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By frochez

I think it's great that they're using Regenesis as an opportunity to develop more characters who haven't really been in the limelight for a while (like Iceman and Husk). At the same time, I think that the whole 'No More Mutants' thing has probably run its course. We've already seen a handfull of new mutants appear in Gen. Hope, so it stands to reason that Scarlet Witch's spell is, to some extent, wearing off. I'm not saying that there should be a massive baby-boom of new mutants; the change should be gradual.

Part of the thing that made x-men interesting originally was that they were caught in the middle of the conflict between mutants and humans. They were just as likely to be protecting humans from Magneto as they were to be saving mutants from Sentinals. Without that conflict, the x-men are in danger of stagnating as there simply aren't enough interesting villains to go around.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#71  Edited By Deadcool

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@Deadcool said:

I never liked the X-men...

Blasphemy.

Why, everybody has different tastes, and I never liked the X-men.

@deadpool25mm said:

Yeah me too, but Wolverine is ok.

oops, well... Actually I don't like Wolverine either.

loganchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By loganchild

my question is where ill hope go marvel is steady droping hints hope ill not be round when she was needed so does she claim da pheonix force and goes 2 find cable somebody help me here

igbarriga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By igbarriga

We are always seeing the end of the X-Men, it's just what they do.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By difficlus

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@Cale_Michael said:

Yeah, it's angst overload.

@chaosimpact79 said:

I agree. I'm over the "everyone hates mutants" storyline, when they are in a universe with other superhumans running around. Wouldn't it make more sense to hate the supervillains that are running around killing people instead of a bunch of private citizens who spontaneously gain powers yet keep to themselves? Why not make the Sentinels hunt mad scientific geniuses like Doc Oc and Dr Doom because they cause more problems than mutants overall? "I hate that kid because he has wings /rage. Oh, but the Falcon, Namor and the Fantastic Four are cool!"

and we have other races in the MU like inhumans and eternals and Asgardians and Olympians and then aliens like the kree etc etc its pretty dumb at the core, marvel needs to get more creative

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By jhazzroucher

there is no end to the x-men

Steps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Steps

I'd only approve of the idea of the Xmen "ending" only if they get to comeback and only after the worth of the Xmen as heroes are made to light among the general population of the Marvel Universe.

AskaniSon295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By AskaniSon295

Grant Morrison, Warren Ellis & Joss Whedon's runs on X-men were the best as well as the Quarantine Storyline, the dark angel saga went on too long, schism was pointless and A vs. X does not look like it is gonna be as great as Civil War. When editors drag out comic book stories beyond the natural paceing of the story it's seems just like a money grab which ussually means I will stop buying the book. marvel should make there own version of The Authority that would be interesting.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#78  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    Business-wise: I don't really see Marvel ever letting X-Men end because X-Men has been Marvel's highest selling comic book series, next to Spider-man and Avengers and letting X-Men go would definitely hurt Marvel's comic book sales.

Story-wise: Even though there is a split among the X-Men, they will eventually have to get back together some time. I personally think that the split might make things worse for the X-Men but hopefully, the writers will try to make repercussions for their actions so that way, in the future the X-Men will learn to work better together and try to work out something to help all of mutant kind get through this.
    mldeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By mldeezy

Granted all of this...but I'm sure for year in every comic book store, between many X-fans or even just Wolverine Fans, was the desire to see Logan and Scott finally go at it. The only downside to me was that it didnt last longer! Lets all just hope it round 2 isnt far away

Avatar image for red_lightning_alpha
    Red_Lightning_Alpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually believe it more likely that this will herald the rebirth of the mutant race

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#81  Edited By jrock85

The lack of quality is what's killing the X-franchise.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @jrock85 said:

Exactly!
    DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#83  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Babs: he no longer has those ability

Avatar image for iamlovewithin500
    Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
    @DATNIGGA said:

Random,but I personally LOL @ your name every time I see it...lol Can I ask why? 

Why nigga,why would you do such a thing like this on a majority white populated site...lol 
    You set our race back 60 years....LMAO!!! 

No Offense, obviously joking..but intrigued too .... XD
    PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#85  Edited By PikminMania

@Iamlovewithin500 said:

@DATNIGGA said:

Random,but I personally LOL @ your name every time I see it...lol Can I ask why? Why nigga,why would you do such a thing like this on a majority white populated site...lol You set our race back 60 years....LMAO!!! No Offense, obviously joking..but intrigued too .... XD

Umm... you DO realize that her name is supposed to be like Barbara Gordon's, so its nothing that sets your race back 60 years considering that Barbara is white.

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#86  Edited By cosmo111687

There needs to be more cos-play photos of masses of superheroes lying limp and lifeless in piles.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Skaddix

@jrock85 said:

True that and redundancy each title needs a specific purpose also I could do with less roster overlap. No one should be a main character in more then two books.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Skaddix said:

@jrock85 said:

True that and redundancy each title needs a specific purpose also I could do with less roster overlap. No one should be a main character in more then two books.

- Books with set rosters? Teams that have a specific purpose? What a crazy idea....no wait thats what the books used to be back when they all sold in the Top 20

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Skaddix

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@Skaddix said:

@jrock85 said:

- Books with set rosters? Teams that have a specific purpose? What a crazy idea....no wait thats what the books used to be back when they all sold in the Top 20

Well obviously just those changes are not going to shoot the x-men sky high. Good Art and Storytelling across the line would also help. But its hard to get character development done when multiple characters are shared across books.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Skaddix said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@Skaddix said:

@jrock85 said:

Well obviously just those changes are not going to shoot the x-men sky high. Good Art and Storytelling across the line would also help. But its hard to get character development done when multiple characters are shared across books.

I agree. I think one of the problems with the X-books nowadays is that there are too many characters that appear in almost every X-book and because of that, a lot of other characters are barely developed. I mean, how many X-books has Wolverine in it to the point where the other characters who are beside Wolverine don't get any kind of development because the story would revolve mainly around Wolverine.
    Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#91  Edited By Hazlenaut

Maybe this will be the year they will call themselves X-People. It was bound to happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.