Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Could they turn the X-Men movies into an X-Universe?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceIMC

Now we all know that Marvel's Avengers film making strategy has been successful. So successful in fact that other companies are trying to emulate it. Disney and Lucasfilm are intending to do something similar with the Star Wars franchise; continue the numbered saga but also doing spin-off movies. Warner Brothers and DC are planning on doing the same with a Justice League movie establishing a new connected universe to then have solo hero movies.

Could it be possible for Fox do try something similar with the X-Men franchise? They could continue their continuity with Days of Future Past but they could also then create movies with small groups of mutant characters. A full on post apocalyptic future world about Bishop trying to find out what happened to the X-Men 80 years earlier. An alternate present with Apocalypse ruling over different versions of characters we've seen. A group of mutant mercenaries who quietly kill in order to keep Xavier's dream alive. The story of how Storm becomes the leader of a group of freakish mutants who live in secret tunnels under New York City. A powerful mutant time-traveler trying to build a Utopia called Providence. Or even that same time-travelers experience growing up in a destroyed future.

Now people may only want to see the characters they know in an X-Men movie. But if the movie doesn't have an X-Men tag people would be informed of it. I work in a video store and as Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America and Avengers came out I had to inform people that the movies were interconnected. I'm just wondering if it could work with the X-Men universe and instead of making one movie every couple years there could be an X-Universe movie every year.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle
    @PrinceIMC: Its funny I was actually kind of suspecting them to do soemthing like this, it was about 3 years ago that Fox and Marvel started to seem like they are getting tired of just making X-Men proper movies and Wolverine films, First Class seemed to be the testing ground to see if an X-Men film without Wolverine can make bank. It seems as if they might splinter time lines or something with this upcoming film
    dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By dangallant984

@PrinceIMC: A Bishop movie where he's trying to find out what happened to the X-men, tracking down Gambit and Fitzroy, and ending with him going back in time to meet the X-men, sounds awesome to me! and I'm not even much of a Bishop fan, so I think this is a perfect example of what you're talking about.

I have to say, I'd support this whole heartdly, as long as none of them were as bad as X-3 or the first Wolverine movie.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chasereis

@PrinceIMC: A set X-Men universe? Sounds great but I think I would pass on a Bishop based movie. Now if they wanted to "fix" the onslaught problem and have a huge mystery of who killed the X-Men with Gambit, Wolverine and Bishop sharing the spotlight, then hellz yea I'll watch it.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dangallant984

@chasereis: I think I'd only be worried about that if I cared about how the movies related to each other or the comics, but I don't really. Continuity should be a concern within a film, but a film should be judged on it's own merits, not how well it lines up with other films.

I hated X-3 and Wolverine's Origin movie, but I'm not going to let that ruin how much I liked X-men and X-2. And 'First Class was probably my favourite X-men movie, but it doesn't really follow the continuity of the first two.

Does that make the whole franchise a confusing mess? Well, maybe if you look at it as a whole it does, but three of those movies still stand out as good movies on their own merits, and I think that's the important thing.

Oh, and I guess I'd rather see a Bishop movie about the X-men than an X-men movie about Bishop, if you see what I mean..

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By chasereis

@dangallant984: Well actually I would prefer it should we get tighter continuity in a new movie series with first class as its starting point and everything before it was non-canon. Personally I prefer the meta-series type movies...

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dangallant984

@chasereis: oh, I do too! I really do!

..but after all the bad super hero movies I grew up with, I'm not going to let something like that ruin my enjoyment of a good one. :)

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chasereis

@dangallant984: Point taken

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#9  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@PrinceIMC: Sounds like a good plan! Having several different X-Men movies that could tie into one movie like how the Avengers had several solo films before they brought all the characters into one movie, would definitely help bring in each different X-Men character into the movie universe and having each movie focused on that group of characters would definitely help make things easier to understand on a larger scale.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dangallant984

I would go see a gambit movie, whether he was ever with the X-men in it or not.

Like this story

No Caption Provided

and they could end it with him making a deal with Sinister.

that could be cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.