Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Could storm be a solo savior ? A look into her powers,etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-57c7d84814d87
    deactivated-57c7d84814d87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Could storm be a solo savior ? A look into her powers,etc.

Storm's weather powers : storm has demonstrated a plethora of abilities and most of which are facets of her power to manipulate the weather. She has been able to control the temperature of the environment and all forms of precipitation and humidity and moisture. Create lightning bolts both big and small,tornadoes both big and small,hurricanes both big and small,blizzards both big and small,etc. Flash freeze objects and people since she has freezed the weapons of two gunmen before they can pull their triggers and just take out multiple tanks and gunmen after shots had been fired. Control the air in a person's lungs and the pressure inside the human inner ear to cause intense pain and use wind to redirect bullets and more like the lifting of people. She has shaped water into an air filled sphere to breathe underwater and manipulate the ocean medium and has managed to save the small nation of santo marco by shielding the entire village from a tsunami. Storm has manipulated the planet on a grand scale by manipulating the earth's magnetic fields and ozone layer to let in the extremely hot rays of the sun to vaporize a massive tidal wave. Storm has created natural and even unnatural phenomena that which do not exist on earth and has always controlled the weather but can dig deeper into her powers. Storm has activated a global aurora borealis that which was seen in broad daylight from countries such as mexico and africa and storm can view the earth as weather patterns and is able to precisely recognize her geographic position through interpretations of these patterns and can sense most movements in the air and with a blink,she can see the physical world around her as energy including the human body's nervous system that which in turn allows her to counter all but the fastest attack. Her immunity to lightning/electricity was also established in her fight against callisto and she has shown to have one of the most powerful wills in the x-men and is a powerful opponent against telepathy in battle and her resistance is further enhanced by the electrical forces she controls. She can fly by wind currents and has an extraordinary ability at picking locks and pockets and getting past advanced security systems and just being an escape artistry plus she is very stealthy to boot. Storm is a gifted and formidable hand-to-hand combatant and is a natural leader and a good planner as well.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yes, Storm can be a solo savior. I really see her as the most useful and most important especially in the real world , which is experiencing a lot of destructive forces of nature and Storm has the ability to stop it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: I agree a power like storm's in the real world would be pretty useful in helping / protecting nature and just innocent people. In the marvel universe earth,she would still be a force to mess with even though of course other mutants will be around but her weather power and the skills she has,makes her a tough and just powerful mutant. Personally,i think storm she be rebooted and focused not on mutants vs humans but focused only on protecting nature to the best of her ability from those who are looking to misuse / harm / destroy it let it be human or mutant. I think it would really put her weather powers to the test plus writers can play around with new ways of using her weather power and maybe out of fear of most of nature getting destroyed by some human or mutant,she unlocks a new power within her. ^_^ She already has weather,she should get like a new nature power...say plants. Emma had a mutation :/

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I think the question is... 'If Marvel lets her...'

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: I hope she gets some spotlight,if marvel feels storm won't make enough money for them,they could just create a all female team that is based on a old or new comic. I think a team of storm,crystal,magma,polaris,psylocke,and rogue(who has ms.marvel's powers plus can copy extra powers if need be)would make a bad to the bone team.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes, Storm can do anything she wants.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

storm is really powerful but she is also destructive. the way her powers work are really destructive. like using hurricanes and tornadoes could uproot trees, destroy houses and destroy and kill anything in its way.or anything around its way.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

storm is really powerful but she is also destructive. the way her powers work are really destructive. like using hurricanes and tornadoes could uproot trees, destroy houses and destroy and kill anything in its way.or anything around its way.

which is really the very nature of weather itself. (hmmm... pun intended). Storm's powers aren't always destructive, she has shown in many instances beneficial uses of her powers - the least of which is the indoor rain clouds she creates to water her garden. ((was great to see her loft-greenhouse back and on page again recently))

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix said:

which is really the very nature of weather itself. (hmmm... pun intended). Storm's powers aren't always destructive, she has shown in many instances beneficial uses of her powers - the least of which is the indoor rain clouds she creates to water her garden. ((was great to see her loft-greenhouse back and on page again recently))

Storm is destructive... period.

Geforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think so. Sorry :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uhypocrite: Umm a person with telekinsis can be destructive but yes weather is destructive. It comes down to control and storm has shown plenty of times she has very good control over her weather powers from making it rain but not letting the raindrops touch her to using wind to blow away one enemy even though the enemy has other enemies close to him. Don't be so negative :/

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure what a "solo savior" is by how you are using it, TBQH.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: Lol i had to look up what tbqh means :/ ,anyway a savior by definition is someone who saves another person or thing from danger or destruction and solo means you do something by yourself. I believe storm has the power and skill to save some people by herself.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix said:

Storms powers have a negative impact on the world when she uses continual wide scale applications. She does not create weather, she manipulates atmospheric phenomena then moves them around to change the weather. She cannot stop a drought without causing another one, because the moisture has to come from somewhere, so her powers are destructive in nature on a large scale.

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: not always I think with fine tuning she could stop a drought without causing another one. Its the lack of control and immaturity(especially in her younger days) that's the problem. I'm not sure if I'm right but she has done stuff well outside of atmospheric phenomenon tons of time. Her powers are rarely explored. That's the problem. It's likeone writer writes her as smart, powerful and skilled. Then another writer disregards that for pis.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: But every hero or superhero can do that, so not really sure what you mean. But FYI there is a really good writeup of her powers on the Storm forums @ Roddy010's Post on Storm's Powers. ? Umm i already know about storm's powers -_- and i already know heroes can save people but was seeing what people think of her soloing.

You not knowing what i mean is interesting,everyone else know what i mean:) .

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: not always I think with fine tuning she could stop a drought without causing another one. Its the lack of control and immaturity(especially in her younger days) that's the problem. I'm not sure if I'm right but she has done stuff well outside of atmospheric phenomenon tons of time. Her powers are rarely explored. That's the problem. It's likeone writer writes her as smart, powerful and skilled. Then another writer disregards that for pis.

She has never even with maturity and control been stated to create the elements necessary for manipulating the weather. She cannot create water with no raw materials, so in order for her to make it rain she must cause an imbalance in nature no matter how small it may be. If she tried to stop a drought without creating another drought the she would still be pulling water from someplace on Earth, her maturity and control factor in by keeping her from doing reckless stuff like that on a regular basis. What she has done outside of an Earth-like atmosphere is not relevant because even those feats work by her manipulating and moving existing patterns.

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: I said I wasnt sure so you are probably right. Only in a desert would she create an imbalance. She can make a hurricane in ny with no imbalances.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormweatherwitchgoddessqueenx: Well, we know she can't create weather effects out of nowhere - that's a power that only comes from magic, such as how Thor's control over weather is absolute. But then you are quoting some of her feats and asking if she could "save some people", when we already have seen her (and every other hero in the Marvel U.) save "some" people. If you are asking if she could save the world singlehandedly (?) than no - she lacks the power to do so. She can make life comfortable for some people, though.

Not jumping on you or anything - maybe I'm just taking your post too seriously when you might have meant to post this on her fan forum.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: if she could save the world singlehandedly (?) than no - she lacks the power to do so ? You can save people from different things and she has planetary weather and with enough focus,she can cause a weather event to take place on the other side of the planet. She can save people from simple things,can she save people from a blast that will blow up a planet? no but she can save people from missiles and hurricanes,etc. You have different kinds of heroes :).

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@nipower888 said:

@lordofallhumans: I said I wasnt sure so you are probably right. Only in a desert would she create an imbalance. She can make a hurricane in ny with no imbalances.

Because air is everywhere and does not have to be transported only worked up to become a hurricane. The fact is if the forecast didn't call for it everything Storm does is unnatural and thus does upsets nature in some way, nature just automatically makes up for what she does, and she is not reckless enough to constantly pull off large feats that immediately impact the world negatively, say for instance like Sienna Blaze, who does not care about the damage her power does to the Earth so she never learned any finesse or restraint.

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: but storm has enough control to put up large feats with and keep the world inbalance. She's more than weather manipulation.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how can anything surrounding a tornado or tsunami be not destroyed? here powers will always have a "cause and effect"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: Storm can create rain and not let it touch her,create a tornado and control where it goes / how strong the tornado is,etc. Yes weather is basically destructive but some weather controllers overtime learn how to better control the weather and just better understand things. Storm has pretty good control from her lifting a mutant into the air and putting him back down without him getting hurt to her creating a whirlwind around herself to protect her from bullets and the whirlwind around her does not blow nothing else away,shows control plus unnatural weather creation since normally whirlwinds blow things around that's close to them or at-least the whirlwinds i have seen. Lisa lee long of mtv was saying storm's weather power is most likely more magical than natural since she has done things with weather that is normally not seen with natural weather.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nipower888:

I said even her none Earth weather feats involve her moving and manipulating preexisting patterns, the nature of her powers means she moves one pattern to change another, if she were to attempt to globally rid the world of drought she would only be creating more in the places she stole the moisture from. If she creates a blizzard in Hawaii she is upsetting the natural flow of weather patterns in Hawaii, the balance is restored when she ends the blizzard. Storm does not create the elements or energy she uses she manipulates the ones that exist, psionically.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nipower888:

I said even her none Earth weather feats involve her moving and manipulating preexisting patterns, the nature of her powers means she moves one pattern to change another, if she were to attempt to globally rid the world of drought she would only be creating more in the places she stole the moisture from. If she creates a blizzard in Hawaii she is upsetting the natural flow of weather patterns in Hawaii, the balance is restored when she ends the blizzard. Storm does not create the elements or energy she uses she manipulates the ones that exist, psionically.

I'm surprised this is even disputed. It's a well-known part of Storm's powerset that is quite well-covered in Roddy010's Post on Storm's Powers under the 'Rules/Restraints, and Repercussions' category, and major Storm experts on the site contributed in an objective manner O_O. Even the Marvel Wikia lists this, so it's one of those things that is in place 99% of the time unless some extreme danger that justifies Storm risking destroying herself to exceed this limitation.

@darthphoenix: Storm can create rain and not let it touch her,create a tornado and control where it goes / how strong the tornado is,etc. Yes weather is basically destructive but some weather controllers overtime learn how to better control the weather and just better understand things. Storm has pretty good control from her lifting a mutant into the air and putting him back down without him getting hurt to her creating a whirlwind around herself to protect her from bullets and the whirlwind around her does not blow nothing else away,shows control plus unnatural weather creation since normally whirlwinds blow things around that's close to them or at-least the whirlwinds i have seen. Lisa lee long of mtv was saying storm's weather power is most likely more magical than natural since she has done things with weather that is normally not seen with natural weather.

No disrespect to Lise Lee Long, but an MTV blogger isn't a reliable source. We rely first on feats, on-panel explanations, and official guides, such as the Official Guide to the Marvel Universe.

Oh well, I'm glad you're enthusiastic about a character. I'm a comics fan in general so I prefer good stories over any one character.

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: I know that. That's why I said hurricane in ny. I know if she created a moonson in ny it would upset the worlds balance. What I was saying is her using her powers doesn't upset the balance that much if the weather can occur there naturally. I probably wasn't clear. I kinda took what you were saying as anything Storm does she ruins the world. And I thought you were making her weaker than she is. Like without earth an atmosphere she has no powers. There are a lot of naysayers that have left me paranoid. in summary I understand what you are saying and apologize

Snurks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, and this probably has absolutely no place in a thread that has been dominated mainly by argument (I just feel in the mood for some quasi-naive irrelevance), but I never understood Storm. All the other X-Men, to me at least, seemed to have "internalized" powers...something that is within themselves or derives from within themselves. But Storm? She "controls the weather". To me, that's not an innate mutant ability, that's witchcraft or some form of sorcery. I could never intellectually justify it (obviously, most of them are rather outrageous, but my suspension of disbelief has always been sorely tested with her).

Don't get me wrong, I love the character of Storm (Ororo)... just could never fully come to grips with her powers.

...hope everyone has a nice day.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snurks:

Storms power are Psionic in nature, she manipulates certain energies that allow her to manipulate weather, it's really no different than being a specialized telekinetic.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@devilsgrin81 said:
    @darthphoenix said:

Agreed. I don't know about her being a "solo saviour" as far as being able to resolve any and every issue that happens on her own (I don't think so), but I definitely think she can function successfully as a solo hero (far weaker characters already do) but her powers are manipulating the elemental forces that dictate the weather, and that goes well beyond just the destructive aspects of her powers.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@darthphoenix: maybe because she has refined control? She blew away tanks in a crowded street and only the tanks moved..

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Flood in Texas, USA, heatstrokes in India, earthquakes and intenese heat on other parts of the world. We need a real Storm.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snurks said:

Personally, and this probably has absolutely no place in a thread that has been dominated mainly by argument (I just feel in the mood for some quasi-naive irrelevance), but I never understood Storm. All the other X-Men, to me at least, seemed to have "internalized" powers...something that is within themselves or derives from within themselves. But Storm? She "controls the weather". To me, that's not an innate mutant ability, that's witchcraft or some form of sorcery. I could never intellectually justify it (obviously, most of them are rather outrageous, but my suspension of disbelief has always been sorely tested with her).

Don't get me wrong, I love the character of Storm (Ororo)... just could never fully come to grips with her powers.

This

It all come from magic and according her ability, she does have some magic. So it does make me wonder. HHmmmm.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snurks said:

This

It all come from magic and according her ability, she does have some magic. So it does make me wonder. HHmmmm.

Storms power are psionic in nature it has nothing to do with magic which is the very distinction made between her and Thor when it comes to weather manipulation. A magic user would be able to create weather without anything but magical energy the way Thor can, Storm must manipulate existing patterns to accomplish her feats. Storm cannot make it rain without using moisture already in the atmosphere, Thor can just make rain magically appear without using the moisture around him. She comes from a long line of witches and priestesses and may have an affinity for magic but she has no overt or innate magical powers, only the same magical potential that all Earth humans possess coupled with an alleged natural talent to practice it. When an alternate version of Storm actually did embrace learning to use magic, she lost her mutant powers and was not shown to use magic to influence the elements.

Geforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snurks said:

I agree it does raise some question.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geforce said:
    @snurks said:

I agree it does raise some question.

Indeed

Avatar image for magnetowasalwaysright
    MagnetoWasAlwaysRight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solo Savior? By that you mean ?

Avatar image for marlexcabanilla
    marlexcabanilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/square_avatar/3/30174/4387444-4315530750-74718.jpg

Geforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Geforce

@magnetowasalwaysright said:

Solo Savior? By that you mean ?

It mean that she can kick everybody arse and never can get beat. Not even a celestial or Franklyn Richard can beat her. Let alone when Magneto has beat her many times.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.