Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Could Rachel be joining Uncanny?

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So in UXM, hologram Xavier asked Scott, Logan and Rachel to go and do the Matthew Malloy mission... So could this trip provide some father/daughter bonding between Scott and Rachel???

And maybe after talking to her dad, she can find things out from his perspective and join him....

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So in UXM, hologram Xavier asked Scott, Logan and Rachel to go and do the Matthew Malloy mission... So could this trip provide some father/daughter bonding between Scott and Rachel???

And maybe after talking to her dad, she can find things out from his perspective and join him....

No, she's already had all the father-daughter bonding she needs with Logan. And her CORPSE might be joining Uncanny soon, by the looks of Matthew's abilities lol.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis has been looking forward to using her so there's that.

Then there's the big question of whether Rachel crosses the line against the Shiar in the December solicit for XX-men.

And 3rd there's the fact that there's a big change coming at the end of the will Arc with hints that Cyke may be pushed into his revolution finally in December.

They could be writing Rachel out of XX-men while Bendis brings her in during the will but it's 50/50 and since the fans seem to want it Bendis probably won't deliver.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@avenger85: Are we playing that game where we all pretend Logan is Rachel dad, cool....

Avatar image for shadowofthelight
    ShadowoftheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought she already did?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Its not like I want Bendis writing her. He cant write Emma so we definitely dont need to add anyone else. However, she fits Uncanny more in my opinion. @koays brings up some interesting questions, though I've always thought Bendis hated Rachel and didn't want to write her

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Koays

@hawk2916: Bendis said in some interview about the Will event how everyone wanted him to use Rachel, Iceman, and Nightcrawler and he was going to be focusing heavy on two of them.... though whether thats a good thing or not (shrug)

Either way Rachel's been talking revolution for a while and it would be interesting development....now if only we had a writer we could trust

No Caption Provided
    HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: exactly. In my mind, Rachel should have always been on Cyclops' side. But of course she has been sadly and terribly misused over the years. AVX was at the forefront with a blatant disregard for her history especially when it comes to the Phoenix.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An issue I would have if Rachel joined team Cyke is that the CXS would be psychic overload. They already have Teen Jean, Emma, and the Cuckoos. Do they really need a 6th psychic character?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: And then despite hunting down and betraying Wolverine for Scott throughout AvX they ignore even that development and go nowhere with it. It would be sad but typical to ignore a characters background and past history but they don't even keep up with her immediate recent history. The character's been completely abused and if the next four months fail to deliver despite her build up in two unrelated books I'll have lost all faith. January better see Rachel as one of the most talked about characters, but its all in the hands of King of Inconsistency. .

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HAWK2916

I'd get rid of some. Send teenie away, the cuckoos don't really get down on missions. I'd make room for Rachel. JGS had been using 3 active psychics on missions in xx-men

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: yeah. Nothing speaks to how bad they ignored her than having Spiderman and Iron Fist train her for the Phoenix as opposed to Rachel. Hell even Emma and the Cuckoos were more qualified. Well see, but Im sure she wont be used. Bad thing about it is, she's not just another psychic reading minds. What about the psychometry and chronoskimming. In my opinion the invention of Hope was the same kind of stupid joke as well

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An issue I would have if Rachel joined team Cyke is that the CXS would be psychic overload. They already have Teen Jean, Emma, and the Cuckoos. Do they really need a 6th psychic character?

But what if Matthew causes Rachel's dormant secondary mutation to occour and she sprouts claws and a healing factor ? That will make her a lot different from the telepaths at the NXS...

Sky_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She was better off in Excalibur.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Koays

@hawk2916: Smh, Iron Fist was the nail in the coffin for Hope and AvX as a whole....nevermind the Avengers kidnapping ppl because peace makes the president nervous, or everyone ignoring the fact that Jean and the Phoenix existed past the 70's. The fact that when looking at a list of most qualified individuals to prepare Hope for the Phoenix they ignored Rachel, Xavier, and even witnesses like Beast for Iron Fist and his "I suddenly have always been connected to the Phoenix" backstory....it just kills the hope for good story telling and makes you think the writers have a grudge against Rachel, and decided

I've got my hopes for this fall, but this character is finally getting a resurgence and i don't think i can stand to have Rachel stand in a corner with Emma frowning at eachother in Cyclops "not so secret" Secret hideout.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Rachel will either be headmistress of jgs or field leader of x-men after wolverine dies. I think storm wouldn't want both positions

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: Thats a good point. If Beast doesnt take the role, I can see her maybe stepping in...though she's like 22 or 23....so the age thing *shrugs*. Though Kitty may come back since the who All New/Uncanny housing arrangement hasn't gone anywhere...

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But kitty is younger than her. she basically gives orders to the x-men more than storm does

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Koays

@darthphoenix: I think Kitty is older then her (or the same age) since Rachel came back from Askani time. And plus Kitty was a child genius. Rachel's just coming into her own as a leader really,

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

also, she has the school's last name. haha

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I hope matthew joins cyclops team or stays with reed and is not locked away in some shield room and the avengers should better not show up in this story arc

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By the look of things, Rachel's CORPSE is gonna be joining Uncanny very soon lol.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By adamTRMM

It's not the place, but am I the only one who hates that mackintosh and facial tattoos of hers?

She was lovely during Rise and Fall. I miss that attitude:

No Caption Provided

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Yeah. I'm with you on that. I think it would be cool if the hound tattoos showed up during times when she's in extreme stress or pushing herself to her limits but not just always. I love the blue Phoenix echo myself andwish she could just go back to that

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i love the phoenix echo but i wish rachel would be pushed more to her limits and show new powers or upgrade like what happened to teen jean

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Sovereign91001

I hope not.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.