Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Could Cyclops and Cable co-exist on a team?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

This is something Ive been wondering about. Could they co-exist together on a team. I think it would make for an interesting dynamic with them together. It seems that Cyclops now being more militant fits perfectly with cable's way of doing things. it just seems that it would be a power struggle between the two but could end up being quite interesting

photowill404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I think it would be interesting, although I think Cyclops would be able to function with his son seeing as how he and Wolverine were in a team together for so long. Also I think Cable respects cyclos enough that he'd actually listen to him as far as battlefield tactics go. And on the flip side Cyclops would benefit from having someone around who could be more of a bridge between him and Hope

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC

They did once on the Astonishing X-Men first limited run. Cyclops, Cable, Jean Grey, Nate Grey and I think Archangel and Wolverine (though it was a Skrull impersonating Wolverine).

photowill404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By photowill404

I must check that out cuz I don't remember that

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They did once on the Astonishing X-Men first limited run. Cyclops, Cable, Jean Grey, Nate Grey and I think Archangel and Wolverine (though it was a Skrull impersonating Wolverine).

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm not sure it'd work.

ellenbaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think so.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand how this is a question - they get along great.

It was Cyclops who trusted Cable to protect baby Hope during the Messiah/Second Coming events. I'd venture to say he trusts his son more than anyone else on the planet. He dropped in on him when Cable and his team were getting that alien off the planet in Cable & X-Force not to chastise him, but to just check to see how he was doing - and Cable appreciated it.

They have a great relationship. Of course they could work on the same team.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

I have to say no, not in a series, maybe a story arc, maybe a big one. These 2 will just butt-heads to much. Cyclops will want to do things his way and Cable usually does his things his own way. Maybe Cable and Logan.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.