Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Comics To Video Games: The X-Men Institute RPG

• 92 results
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By PhatSeeJay

I would definitely love to see an X-men Institute RPG. Creating my own mutant and go through the life as a student up to a full fledged X-men. Not sure how I would prefer it to play out, though Mass Effect will most likely be one of the better ones to take influences from in my book. 

Just has to be a thing where they don't rush to things where you become the only one that can save the planet within the first two hours. I would really want to work up to a climax of that magnitude.

Also this would probably be one of the best ways to get new people into the Marvel universe by literally taking them to school. To give them lessons taken from the history of the previous X-men and what has happened in comic books and cartoons.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By sparty-dbq

Is there a T-shirt or a sweatshirt with that design at the top?  I don't care how much it costs, I WILL F-ING PAY IT!!!

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By CellphoneGirl

That would be my dream video game right there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

WANT, WANT, WANT!
    I really hope they don't end up somehow turning this into something like a visual novel. That would be so incredibly dissappointing.

roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By roadbuster
    @sparty-dbq said:
    " Is there a T-shirt or a sweatshirt with that design at the top?  I don't care how much it costs, I WILL F-ING PAY IT!!! "
    Sadly the Mutant America line / shop closed up along with its awesome "MAGNETO WAS RIGHT" shirts...
    Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#56  Edited By EisforExtinction

I basically want Person 3 with X-People.

extrememage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By extrememage

this would be so cool!
    LyonGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By LyonGod

It's not a bad idea, its just got to be focused. The only thing is the powers that the player creates at the beginning have to clearly evolve as the game progresses, example: cyclops optic blast- lvl1 straight shot, lvl2 aim (first person targeting), lvl3 bounce surfaces, lvl4 big shot, lvl5 etc...  

And traditional turn based fighting would suck, if it weren't an MMORPG. The real world setting of X men demands more physics based fast paced action. The game would also have to have enough events to breakup the everyday routine: Juggernaut smashing though school walls, attacks in New York, Protect Morlock Peace rally, Find Lost Student, Black Bird flight training, etc.  Or if your a rebel: spray paint turf, prison breaks, car theft, gang wars, etc.

Then specialized missions based on the makeups of the players powers: bomb defusing=electricity, reconstruction after fights=telekinetic, information gathering=telepathy, house fires=water. 

The real question is if the game were mostly school years (Bully), missions as an X man (inFAMOUS), or a hub-world of New York that the player goes on to some greater mission from. 

(For a What If? New Mutant "Squad Era") Your character makeup makes different students like you better starting off, strong friendships make "bonds" that insure students will be on your squad. The team changes and grows-up together. On key missions (Savageland, Genosha, Asteroid M, Deep Morlock Tunnels, Madripoor, Muir Island, Mutant Town, Hell Fire Club London, Mountains Canada, Egypt, etc) characters can die, never to comeback, but maybe replaced with other students. A balanced thought out team would make power combos and that cause additional effects to the enemies and environments.

Got to be an action RPG though... 

shankarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By shankarma

ohhhh this sound so good they really need to do another x-men game with one new student or maybe a new mutant game that would be nice
    mayuchito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By mayuchito

Actually, that remind me a game like harry potter , 1 &2 on gameboy advance if my memory's well, we growed up thanks to sessions of class , but it was restrictive to the story , so replace it with your ideas will be a good think ^^

a french guy .

eldestrisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By eldestrisk

You should change your direction on life and become a game producer. =)

Gothic Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#62  Edited By Gothic Storm

We've all seen the so-called pre-existing X-men lists to choose from in video games. Normally they include most of the core characters and then add in one or two others just to be different. What the game should do is give you a selection of X-men teams or even better yet, a certain decade and then a selection of teams. This way the game would include a vast array of powers and personalities... After all, what's a Role-play Game without the role-play? Oh wait... it would just be pretty much any other RPG then. The missions could include actual stories from the comics, but perhaps you could also design your own missions... sort of like what City of Heroes/Villains already does.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By ragdollpurps

i love any game where we can create and customize our character. i'm in love with the idea of training to become an x-men. that just means throughout the game we'd be gaining more power and different skills that can be used with whatever certain power your character has. i liked playing the x-men legends games on psp, and how the power system worked on there but if this would be anything like that, except with an oc, it'd be a thousand times better.

Xyberius13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Xyberius13

Interesting...

I'll probably get addicted to this game verrry quickly

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

i'm really excited!!!! 

JBBuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By JBBuc

It sounds fantastic, so long as it is not a "turn based" fight system. Stick with the MUA style and that is a winner IMO.

xmenboi11z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#67  Edited By xmenboi11z

I WANT THIS GAME NOW!!!!!!! Go for it!! I need it. I think it would be better if played on a console but could also be played on the computer. Oh and there should be tons and tons of options and designs for clothes, hair, characteristics, etc.

AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By AMS
    @sparty-dbq: 

Ebay.
    Avatar image for journey_into_chaos
    Journey Into Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

i'd play a game like this. Even though i kind of already role-play  it regularly. But as for video game wise the closest thing we have to the game so far is X-men Legends.

Nepth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 16

#70  Edited By Nepth

This would be like, the game of my dreams.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#71  Edited By jordama

X-Men Legends 3: Legends in the Making 

I like this idea as a legends but without the make your oewn character option. The other Legends played with continuity (to the point Rogue didn't know Destiny) so just giving the cast of characters and letting the interactions dictate the progression would be awesome.  

I could see a online Xavier institute game like what you descrbed, with mods as the original X-Men.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#72  Edited By Mercy_

I would buy this without a second thought.

00 Raiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By 00 Raiser

Best X-Men games to date would probably be X-Men for Sega, X-Men 2 for Sega which depicted the Phalanx invasion and X-Men Children of the Atom. It would be kind of cool if they did a action oriented X-Men game with the mechanics of Bayonetta which I have to say is fuild motion at its best.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Yemi

not bad
    but wat i don't get is why they have a pheonix memorial statue.
    wasn;t it a curse?

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Matezoide2

this 

would 

be

AWESOME!!!!

Wildish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Wildish

An X-men RPG would be brilliant, I Love X-men & RPGs, prehaps you could have guest characters popping in  
    EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By EpitomeofCool

this knd of a game would be fun. Id play it!

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#79  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

My idea would X-Men Legends mixed with GTA 4.....

Get where I'm going with this.....

Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

G-Man you made me think this was Real i was all exicited.
    Midnight Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Midnight Monk

As long as it doesn't include those horid Pink & Gold outfits I'd play it

Avatar image for deactivated-5e2bfb4a59ec7
    deactivated-5e2bfb4a59ec7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds like an X-Men version of City of Heroes. It sucked that more RPGs using comic book character haven't been released.  You would think that with all the storylines and characters out there that either Marvel or DC would've put out Final Fantasy styled games. 
    Demas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Demas
    @ said:
    "

My idea would X-Men Legends mixed with GTA 4.....

Get where I'm going with this.....

"
    That wish-lists without realistic gameplay constraints, budget restraints, development goals, achievable licenses, or the devil of details is not really game design?

It's easy to say the high level stuff that everyone wants to hear, but when you start specifying actual implementation you're going to turn off some gamers, or your investors, or your development team.

For example, you could say, "I want an unlimited character design program allowing you to even create existing heroes and to mirror any power."

Gamers might drool at the prospect but your investors will be sending their legal team to consult with you and your development team will shake their heads saying it's not possible to implement mind-reading or pre-cognition into the game in a meaningful way... or they might be upset at having to make a full character suite while at the same time creating moderation to prevent people walking around with penis tattoos on their characters' faces.

Here's my attempt at game design, "My game is a fully functioning holodeck..."
    Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#84  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

I love the idea. I'd prefer to see a version where you can select a character from the massive mutant character database, in addition to creating your own playable character.
    Akalie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Akalie

I would love it.  Like City of Heroes, except better!

Quentin_Beck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Quentin_Beck

I could certainly get into a game like this.   

Perhaps pursuing dialogue and interacting with certain teachers increases certain abilities, allows access to different perks, etc.  Like interacting with Emma Frost would boost your telepathic powers and may even grant you some interesting abilities only available through Emma.  Through Beast you might access hacking, gadgetry, and other science related abilities.  Of course, you would only have the time to access 2-3 of the teachers' level-up power sets. 

I'd suggest that something happen fairly early on that moves the game out of the school itself.  Probably an attack by the Sentinels or Anti-Mutant extremists.  That sort of thing.  On the run, you might try and join-up with a group of fugitives from the school (although you would probably be intercepted and have to make a run for it) or set off on your own (which might lead to your capture by the Sentinels or even recruitment by Magneto or Mystique).  There would, of course, be safe havens.  For example, the Morlocks might offer refuge from your attackers (perhaps deformity as the result of your mutation could give a significant boost when interacting with the Morlocks, but alienate human groups you could otherwise hide in?). 

Eventually, you (the player character) and any companions you may have met along the way would fight back, save the day, etc. to finish the main storyline.  Following this, the X-Mansion would be rebuilt, you could once again access its facilities, and might even be offered a place as an X-Man.  However, that doesn't mean you have to accept, and it certainly doesn't mean the game is over.  You can still wander, completing other quests and so on.
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#87  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    twilightend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By twilightend

I think this is a great idea, it just has to follow a different vein than City MMORPG series. Then there are the possibilities of skill trees, instance dungeons, open world, PvE, PvP, customization, and I hope that your character has the chance for a secondary mutation, or Omega status!
    elementor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By elementor
    @CATMANEXE: Where could i find something like that...it sounds kool 
    i never seen 1..
    batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By batmanary

This is X-men destiny...

GabrielNox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By GabrielNox

I wonder about the genre, is it going to be a tactical RPG (KOTOR, DA:O) or more of an action RPG (The Witcher, Fable).

Personally I'm inclined to go with action, it would just be more fun to aim.

But considering it's Activision, I'll settle for a game that doesn't explode.

fitchy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By fitchy101

Instead of switching sides halfway through, you should choose one at the beginning so in essence it becomes two seperate games. But yes this would be awesome, especially if there were a ton of powers (not just the obvious popular ones) and a lot to explore.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.