Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Comic book twists we will never see in the X-movies

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By adamTRMM

There is the Apocalypse movie planned, and we'll never see Archangel in it, because, well, the X-movies-universe can't bring him due to continuity disbalance.

Anyway, what other comic book incidents we'll never see acknowledging the messed up continuity?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

@adamtrmm said:

There is the Apocalypse movie planned, and we'll never see Archangel in it, because, well, the X-movies-universe can't bring him due to continuity disbalance.

Anyway, what other comic book incidents we'll never see acknowledging the messed up continuity?

Dofp looks to reset the timeline. Bryan Singer actually said it will fix it as time travel movies tend do that stuff. Angel/Archangel may very well show up.

He was in the early drafts for X2 actually. So if Singer gets out of his personal troubles unscathed and he does helm the next film, we could see that character as it
    is obvious he showed interest in using him.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

Oh yeah, I could never see them making 95% of the major X-Men story lines because a film has a distinct two hours to tell a story with a certain amount of characters and most X-Men stories, especially these days, are 20 issues between 5 different titles, with 50 different characters and a nonexistent or severely poor plot.

I guess something based on Grant Morrisons would probably work. I would have said Whedons run but they already did the cure story and I just can't see the movie version of X-Men flying off into space.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Summers Family

Mostly Scott, Jean, Rachel, Cable. It would be difficult to pull off even a simplified version of the story in an X-Men film, but now its impossible. Unless the end of this movie has Cyclops waking up from a coma.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle:

Dofp looks to reset the timeline. Bryan Singer actually said it will fix it as time travel movies tend do that stuff. Angel/Archangel may very well show up.

Fix so it'll get messed up again? Angel was a young man during The Last Stand, he still doesn't fit.

@koays said:

The Summers Family

Mostly Scott, Jean, Rachel, Cable. It would be difficult to pull off even a simplified version of the story in an X-Men film, but now its impossible. Unless the end of this movie has Cyclops waking up from a coma.

Well, if you really like to see all the time-displaced descendants of Jean/Scott union, it'll require at least 3 seasons of TV time lol

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Oh yeah, I could never see them making 95% of the major X-Men story lines because a film has a distinct two hours to tell a story with a certain amount of characters and most X-Men stories, especially these days, are 20 issues between 5 different titles, with 50 different characters and a nonexistent or severely poor plot.

I guess something based on Grant Morrisons would probably work. I would have said Whedons run but they already did the cure story and I just can't see the movie version of X-Men flying off into space.

A riot at xavier's movie could work. I mean it would have to be edited a bit for a movie but with some work it would be lovely.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Someone's salty!

RobotMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

@adamtrmm: Meesuh am Jar-Jar Beak. Meesuh think you should see the babies I had with that chubby Rosario Dawson impersonator with the dragonfly wings.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:

A riot at xavier's movie could work. I mean it would have to be edited a bit for a movie but with some work it would be lovely.

Agreed, Though I think it would've worked better after the way the first two movies setup the school and the student body (Rouge, Iceman, Pyro) since now you'd half to rebuild that school setting and feel after so long. Though with tweaks it would've been cool to see Pyro pull off the Riot in Last Stand.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we'll never see teen jean wanting the D from old scott like in ANX-men 26 lol

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meesuh am Jar-Jar Beak. Meesuh think you should see the babies I had with that chubby Rosario Dawson impersonator with the dragonfly wings.

0_o

Ok, if you're talking about Morrison's ideas in the movies (?) then it's relieving we won't see most of them actually.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle

@adamtrmm said:

@cattlebattle:

Fix so it'll get messed up again? Angel was a young man during The Last Stand, he still doesn't fit.

Wolverine showing up and convincing young Charles to form the X-Men alters the X-Mens past completely. So I would imagine all the events proceeding DoFP are going to be an alternate reality.

RobotMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By RobotMonster

@adamtrmm: I was. I apologize for the indirectness of my answer. I DO think that the RIot at Xavier's would be a good chapter in a serial or a subplot in a sequel, but otherwise, Morrison's run didn't do much for me; I know there are a lot of Fantomex fans out there, but he struck me as a stab at combining the popularity of Gambit with the then-rising appeal of Deadpool, and Morrison's treatment fell short of interesting for me.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By adamTRMM

@robotmonster said:

I was. I apologize for the indirectness of my answer. I DO think that the RIot at Xavier's would be a good chapter in a serial or a subplot in a sequel, but otherwise, Morrison's run didn't do much for me; I know there are a lot of Fantomex fans out there, but he struck me as a stab at combining the popularity of Gambit with the then-rising appeal of Deadpool, and Morrison's treatment fell short of interesting for me.

That's cool. I just don't support Morrison's ideas, so I wouldn't like to see them to be filmed in the end. Well, Riot at Xavier's represented the discord with his agendas, but we already have these so why bother? Lots of people also hate Fantos, and yeah, you get the character right, he was a parody of that "mysterious wanna-be anti-hero" attitude of 90s with all the outfits. His MAX series have failed as well. I absolutely don't get what's the deal with Marvel pushing him down our throats.

@cattlebattle said:

Wolverine showing up and convincing young Charles to form the X-Men alters the X-Mens past completely. So I would imagine all the events proceeding DoFP are going to be an alternate reality.

It still won't answer how somebody once born in 2000s, will reappear in 80s(?).

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

It still won't answer how somebody once born in 2000s, will reappear in 80s(?).

He was always supposedly born in the 70s, at least. I mean Erik and Charles are born in the 40s and are still relatively young at the beginning of X3.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was always supposedly born in the 70s, at least. I mean Erik and Charles are born in the 40s and are still relatively young at the beginning of X3.

It's been a while since I've seen TLS and for some reason I remembered it as a "near future" movie. I mean, Angel was a kid who ripped his own wings, which represented the unpleasant "mutant boom" of the movies that happened around the first one, and then we've seen him as a young man in the third movie.

Well, it might be my interpretation lol

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

It's been a while since I've seen TLS and for some reason I remembered it as a "near future" movie. I mean, Angel was a kid who ripped his own wings, which represented the unpleasant "mutant boom" of the movies that happened around the first one, and then we've seen him as a young man in the third movie.

Well, it might be my interpretation lol

They all say "the not so distant future", which I always figured was just so the movie wasn't overly dated it wasn't to be taken too seriously. Though, on the current DoFp viral site, it mentions that the events of the The Last Stand took place in 2006. Also, in First Class the dates of the Nazi occupation of Poland and the bay of pigs event were all accurate, so is Woverine and 3 mile island.....Angel could have very well been in his teens in the 80s, when Apocalypse is supposed to take place.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By adamTRMM

@cattlebattle said:

They all say "the not so distant future", which I always figured was just so the movie wasn't overly dated it wasn't to be taken too seriously. Though, on the current DoFp viral site, it mentions that the events of the The Last Stand took place in 2006. Also, in First Class the dates of the Nazi occupation of Poland and the bay of pigs event were all accurate, so is Woverine and 3 mile island.....Angel could have very well been in his teens in the 80s, when Apocalypse is supposed to take place.

So, you're saying that the first movie took place in the late 70s-80s? 0_o Think about it, a young Magneto will be there during the assassination of Kennedy, which is 1963. Doesn't make sense.

You said it yourself, TLS took place in 2006.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cattlebattle

@adamtrmm said:

So, you're saying that the first movie took place in late 70s-80s? 0_o Think about it, a young Magneto will be there during the assassination of Kennedy, which is 1963. Doesn't make sense.

You said it yourself, TLS took place in 2006.

Nah, the forthcoming Apocalypse movie is said to be taking place in the 1980s.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, the forthcoming Apocalypse movie is said to be taking place in the 1980s.

And Worthington was born in the 70s?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cattlebattle

@adamtrmm said:

And Worthington was born in the 70s?

Its possible. I he was in his early thirties in 2006, then yes, yes he was.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.