Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Colossus has a beard!(Extraordinary X-Men #1 preview)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

It looks like the Terrigen Mist rumor is confirmed.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
    GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Nightcrawlers goatee. ^_^

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

That is a surprise.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

I like Storm costume.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That art is awful.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

@xwraith said:

That art is awful.

It's pretty bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

That art is awful.

I like it.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
    @sprior93 said:
    @xwraith said:

That art is awful.

I like it.

same

magik looks crazy but teen jean grey costume is awful but since it has teen jean i might get it

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:
    @xwraith said:

That art is awful.

I like it.

i like it too. i usually dont like the xmen but i like this group but who are those 2 girls besides storm?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: i think i would like magik but i hate jean grey...a lot i hate how she went about icemans being gay (thought it was actually offensive towards lgbt for having jean gray just force him out but idk) and i think shes done stuff like that before but i like everyone else lol

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
    victorcheenoanleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My body is ready!

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: umm do they really need two teleporters on the same team???????

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Teen Jean is the devil.

devil spelled backwards is lived :PP marvel loves teen jean cause it keeps the jean fans from bitching about it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: Yeah, Magik is a great character. Teen Jean has been awful so far, but I think that's because of Bendis's writing -- she may be better under Jeff Lemire's pen.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Teen Jean is the devil.

devil spelled backwards is lived :PP marvel loves teen jean cause it keeps the jean fans from bitching about it

Yea well I'm a Jean Grey fan and I'm officially bitching about her, timetravel and her taking Rachel's role on the team!

Maybe she'll be better without Bendis writing her, but right now she's an evil unlikeable little girl who won't go back to her time and is taking the spotlight from better characters!

Rachel is Life! Rachel is Love! Rachel is Justice!

No Caption Provided

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always liked Ramos' art, I'm checking this out for sure. This is the first new series announced that I'm really excited about!

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The beard is the best thing happened to Colossus since Gillen so I guess that's a plus.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bearded Colossus is cucumber cool.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gamiz7

i like teen jeans costume it looks very classic like her old costumes

also i cant tell from the art but does collousus beard turn metal, tha would be so cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Yea well I'm a Jean Grey fan and I'm officially bitching about her, timetravel and her taking Rachel's role on the team!

Maybe she'll be better without Bendis writing her, but right now she's an evil unlikeable little girl who won't go back to her time and is taking the spotlight from better characters!

...and Rachel is irrelevant!

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone else notice the terrigen mists on the cover? Also I'm still on the fence about reading marvel after secret wars.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Koays

@koays said:

Pfft...Rachel Grey has more story relevance in her pinky then most characters do in a decade worth of comics...

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@koays said:
    @mechem_93 said:

Pfft...Rachel Grey has more story relevance in her pinky then most characters do in a decade worth of comics...

I'm more of a Rachel fan than a Jean fan, for sure, but I gotta ask..

what do you guys mean by relevance?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
    @mechem_93 said:

I'm more of a Rachel fan than a Jean fan, for sure, but I gotta ask..

what do you guys mean by relevance?

Lol i was really thinking the same thing, but chose to just defend my woman rather then question it...

If were talking relevance to current stories...no. Rachel is not central to any major plot at the moment, nor has she been in a while...even longer if your looking for quality.

In terms of relevance to the franchise as a whole... Rachel could outshine Colossus with just one of her two last names. And that's before we get into everything the character introduced as part of her backstory.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366 said:

anyone else notice the terrigen mists on the cover? Also I'm still on the fence about reading marvel after secret wars.

Not gonna lie, there's a few too many alternate universe characters for my taste....I mean read I don't even read Hawkeye anymore and I'm worried about this whole 1602 Kate Bishop thing

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I am just sick of gimmicks. I also think that my tastes are changing, as far as quality. Stuff like Saga, anything Valiant, Airboy, They're Not Like Us, and Providence, that is what I like. Legitimate adults with legitimate adult problems. When was the last time we got an x-person dealing with a heroin addiction? when was the last time we saw some avenger deal with impotency? when was the last time we had a misunderstood teenager take his own life?

Can you imagine how fucking epic the teen iceman thing would have been if he got outed and turned to suicide? Like, that would speak so much more to the reality of how shit like that would have gone down. Marvel and DC have this big beautiful universe that is all sunshine and roses. Valiant has a universe full of child genocide and cocaine addictions.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By adamTRMM

@dman1366:

CBR has an interview with Lemire already posted and discussed. Comicvine news are so much behind I don't even expect anything.

Anyway, he said that the whole thing takes place after a mysterious conflict Xmen had with (attention) Inhumans and the effects TB had on mutants with many chracters being missing as the result.

Seems like conspiracy guys from bleeding cool were at least partially right about this idiocy.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@dman1366 said:

@koays: I am just sick of gimmicks. I also think that my tastes are changing, as far as quality. Stuff like Saga, anything Valiant, Airboy, They're Not Like Us, and Providence, that is what I like. Legitimate adults with legitimate adult problems. When was the last time we got an x-person dealing with a heroin addiction? when was the last time we saw some avenger deal with impotency? when was the last time we had a misunderstood teenager take his own life?

Can you imagine how fucking epic the teen iceman thing would have been if he got outed and turned to suicide? Like, that would speak so much more to the reality of how shit like that would have gone down. Marvel and DC have this big beautiful universe that is all sunshine and roses. Valiant has a universe full of child genocide and cocaine addictions.

It sounds to me like it's more that you're tastes are changing. The stuff you're talking about has never been standard fare for mainstream superhero comics, and that's not bad in itself. Because, while I do think stuff like the X-men has lots of potential to appeal to adult fans, it should at least be appropriate for children.

If I can't relate or be entertained by the X-men, I'll find something else, but if kids can't relate or be entertained by the X-men, then the X-men aren't doing their job.

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Koays

@dman1366 said:

It sounds to me like it's more that you're tastes are changing. The stuff you're talking about has never been standard fare for mainstream superhero comics, and that's not bad in itself. Because, while I do think stuff like the X-men has lots of potential to appeal to adult fans, it should at least be appropriate for children.

If I can't relate or be entertained by the X-men, I'll find something else, but if kids can't relate or be entertained by the X-men, then the X-men aren't doing their job.

Pretty much this. I've seen and read books including some of the things mentioned and to me that's as much a gimmick as Alternate Universe counterparts.

We can have moments that carry the weight, but i think it needs to be dealt with with respect for the issue at hand as well as respect for the audience. Reading Austen's "Mutants don't get Aids" is considered bad on both fronts and if it came out today it would be a sh*t storm. Morrison's "abstinent" Cyclops is cringe worthy when you realize what the marital issues are really about. On the other hand reading about Colossus taking his own life to cure the Legacy virus is the thing i want from serious moments and good storytelling.

I feel the same way about edgy adult stuff as i do about these AU things added to the mix to "shake things up"....Do it because it helps the story not because you can.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: i totally agree. I was just pointing out the flaws, and venting my own frustration. Maybe the X-Men comics have always been this way and I am just now realizing that.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dman1366

@koays: it's all about tastes i believe. I no longer care about the save the universe story lines. I don't care about the black and white, good and evil routine. I don't really care for these cardboard characters that I no longer relate to. That edgy adult stuff maybe added in for a gimmick, but that vast majority of the time it is something that an adult can relate to. Like, when was the last time you saw an x-man loose their job, then take it out on their kids and wife? or what about the promiscuous x-man, guy or girl, that is just out having sex for fun, and doesn't care about being slut shamed? what about hangover day after a night of binge drinking? what about struggling to loose weight? what about stalking a person you have a crush on and have them tear your heart out via facebook so everyone can see?

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Does Colossus's hair turn into one bunch when he goes metal? Or does each strand turn metal independently?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Colossus's hair turn into one bunch when he goes metal? Or does each strand turn metal independently?

I can't say for sure, but it's always looked like one bunch to me.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Pretty much this. I've seen and read books including some of the things mentioned and to me that's as much a gimmick as Alternate Universe counterparts.

We can have moments that carry the weight, but i think it needs to be dealt with with respect for the issue at hand as well as respect for the audience. Reading Austen's "Mutants don't get Aids" is considered bad on both fronts and if it came out today it would be a sh*t storm. Morrison's "abstinent" Cyclops is cringe worthy when you realize what the marital issues are really about. On the other hand reading about Colossus taking his own life to cure the Legacy virus is the thing i want from serious moments and good storytelling.

I feel the same way about edgy adult stuff as i do about these AU things added to the mix to "shake things up"....Do it because it helps the story not because you can.

Exactly. Colossus taking his own life may have been heavy, but it wasn't suicide so much as a heroic sacrifice. There was an emotional weight to it because of what his reasons were, but it wasn't done for shock value.

@dman1366 said:

@oldnightcrawler: i totally agree. I was just pointing out the flaws, and venting my own frustration. Maybe the X-Men comics have always been this way and I am just now realizing that.

I think there's always been an element of the contrived to X-men, and every X-fan is turned off by one element or another. In a way, we all love the X-men despite these contrivances, and we all tire of them eventually.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: i totally agree. i mean when i talked to Gillen at Denver Comic Con, he told me that the X-Men is the most difficult franchise to work on. I would have to agree.I mean, no X-Fan is ever on the same page.
    and moreover, i think that growing out of things is just a way of life. The X-Men will always have a special place in my heart, but I think that I am trying to recreate something that was lost a few years ago.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I like Nightcrawlers goatee. ^_^

This was my first thought as well when I saw this.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@dman1366: I have to agree with what you are saying especially the growing out of them part. I think there is a place for those real stories you are talking about. I mean previously we've seen Cyclops leave his wife and kid for and old flame, we've seen alcohol addiction, rampant sex and promiscuity, we've seen kids killed and genocide attempted. We've got witchcraft and demons and fratricide. We've had a gay wedding for Christ sake. I find it hard to believe that with those things people still want the kiddie element. The things you mentioned are in line with what's already happened and its reality and should be explored in comics. I would have loved for teen Bobby to off himself after he was outed. Its real and teaches a lesson.

There are plenty of books for the kids. Sonic the Hedgehog, Looney Tunes, Spongbob probably Squirrel Girl. Hell all of Aarons run was silly kids stuff and when Marvel has Spiderham running around I find it difficult to agree that we should be worried about whether there's anything for the kids.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.