Chris Yost Xforce ?'s

#1 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Should I start with his X-23 stuff?

I'm trying to collect all of the relevant X force stuff is X-men second coming necessary to pick up, I'm sort of lost.

#2 Posted by judasnixon (6421 posts) - - Show Bio
@Batnandez: You should buy X-Men; Second Coming, because it was a great story, and the art is so amazing......
#3 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Noted, but any idea about my og questions?

#4 Posted by judasnixon (6421 posts) - - Show Bio
@Batnandez: Yeah, you kind of should. It explain why Yost's X-Force broke up....
#5 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Tie-in wise yes, 3 chapters of 2nd Coming is X-force. Although the whole run was fun and Brutal, but to answer your questions, yes pick it up.

#6 Posted by McKlayn (1073 posts) - - Show Bio

man i loved second coming, and you should buy it :D Everyone should if they havent

#7 Edited by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

@Batnandez: You should buy X-Men; Second Coming, because it was a great story, and the art is so amazing......

if only the insides of the books looked that good!

but then I guess everyone would complain that they weren't on schedule.

#8 Edited by akbogert (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

Their X-Force run was the first full comic run I ever read. I thought it was very well done and had very consistent artwork. Having now read quite a bit more, I still stand by that position. I can't compare it to prior X-Force or Remender's (which followed, and which I've heard was fantastic), but the whole run was good. The two major tie-ins -- Messiah War & Second Coming -- were both good (though Necrosha ended somewhat suddenly), but Second Coming was fantastic, and featured some very memorable moments. Get the trade, you won't regret it.

You don't need to read Kyle/Yost's X-23 stuff to appreciate X-Force. However, I liked what I saw of her in X-Force and decided to find out what she was about. She became my favorite Marvel character. Now, that obviously won't happen to most people, but: Innocence Lost (the first Kyle/Yost X-23 mini) is an outstanding story in its own right, and Target X is very good as well (and among X-23 fans, is sometimes preferred to its prequel).

This is all a roundabout way of saying you should read Kyle/Yost's X-23 on principle of it being very good (and because they created the character, so they knew what they were doing), but if your only concern is understanding X-Force then no, it's not necessary. Those two minis were completely focused on Laura's backstory, and happened a long time prior to her being roped into X-Force. About the only thing that may benefit you specifically will be understanding why Logan is so pissed off that she's being asked to kill, and why she acts the way she does.

#9 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

Their X-Force run was the first full comic run I ever read.

I know this is becoming a catch-phrase for me, but I sort of envy you for that.

#10 Posted by akbogert (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: Haha. Why, specifically, in this case?

#11 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: oh, sometimes I just wonder how much I would like a story if it was my first introduction to the characters.I wonder how I would view, say, the Wolverine, if this was the first story I'd read with him. Stuff like that.

#12 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved that X-Force Volume. Loved.

#13 Posted by poisonfleur (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked X-force's Nercorsha X.

Selene is Boss! :D

#14 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, Second Coming was sh*t. Just not as sh*t as AvX, the conclusion of that entire 'Hope Summers the Hero' saga.

#15 Posted by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Um, Second Coming was sh*t. Just not as sh*t as AvX, the conclusion of that entire 'Hope Summers the Hero' saga.

QFT

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.