Chamber

#1 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

'Not exactly much but, uh...

this is from Seth Peck's twitter, the new writer of Adjectiveless X-Men as of #38

- X-men #40 will feature my dream X-men line-up. Including...CHAMBER! Big thanks to J9Schaefer for getting him for me!

Gist of the sitch is that the title's (for anyone who actually reads this) current roster has greatly suffered from internal conflicts and, alas, it's torn them apart. Assuming they come back for a little 'farewell' in issue 40, Jono's part of the new iteration to follow.

Given that Chamber's a fantastic X-Character and has been given the shaft over the years, regardless of if he's faculty at the Jean Grey School and a supporting member of Gage's Legacy, it's nice to see he'll be part of an actual line-up, how ever long that lasts, though. (it's also nice to see forgotten X-Characters given a form of prominence.)

So, uh...Chamber fans...rejoice?

Chamber & The New X-Men - Peter Nguyen
#2 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

So is this gonna be a Chamber and the New X-Men series or is that just the title of the pic!?

#3 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Title of the pic. Next month will probably hold for some covers concerning what i'm talking about.

#4 Posted by McKlayn (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

OH MY GOD!! That is so flipping awesome, a big fan of all the Gen X guys and gals. I hope they add Husk and renew the little love thing between the two, maybe warpath too i would love to see him in a title. Yes this makes me happy

#5 Posted by nerd217 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the Bamfs!

#6 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn said:

OH MY GOD!! That is so flipping awesome, a big fan of all the Gen X guys and gals. I hope they add Husk and renew the little love thing between the two, maybe warpath too i would love to see him in a title. Yes this makes me happy

I thought Husk left the school - why would she be affiliated with the students?

#7 Posted by God_Spawn (38105 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn said:

Too bad she likes Toad.

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33902 posts) - - Show Bio

You know I'm surprised they haven't changed the name to A-Men

#9 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Chamber is one of those characters that has been around for a while now (10+ years) and it seems like if you look back, they have really never done a damn thing with him. You could sum up his history in about 30 seconds and not miss anything. Hopefully this means they are finally going to use him for more than the "moping about my face" cameo here and there

#10 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

So this is where the students are going while WATX will start focusing more on the staff.

#11 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Not exactly. Peck's only mentioned Chamber as a member of his new line-up and the premise of his run is still up in the air, too. Students are still (sadly) staying in WaTX.

#12 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Blood1991: Not exactly. Peck's only mentioned Chamber as a member of his new line-up and the premise of his run is still up in the air, too. Students are still (sadly) staying in WaTX.

Lame, the cast is too big, using X-Men as a title to train and give focus to the students would have been ideal.

#13 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Lame, the cast is too big, using X-Men as a title to train and give focus to the students would have been ideal.

It would have been the best, i would have preferred they do that since Regenesis as opposed to some Security Team, regardless of if that endeavor brought out a couple of good stories.

#14 Posted by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

But the image is official?? That is the cast??

#15 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha: Sadly, no. It's fan-art...LOL.

#16 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

You know I'm surprised they haven't changed the name to A-Men

If they changed their name, it might confuse the Avengers into attacking them again.

#17 Posted by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: lol, thanks..

#18 Posted by Spawn92 (285 posts) - - Show Bio

THis is cool. However, and Im a little rusty, what ever happened to Chamber being a herald of Apocalypse? Didn't he change his name and everything, when he was with the New Warriors???

#19 Posted by John Valentine (16311 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet. Chamber's awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.